Transfer DVC Reservation to different DVC member

EpcotDrop

Earning My Ears
A few months ago, an acquaintance of mine used her SSR contract to book me a 5 day stay in September. Last month, my own DVC contract went through so I now have my own member number. I'm wondering if she is able to call MS and have them switch the reservation from her member number to mine (like a points transfer but without losing the reservation). This would make it easier for her, as I would be able to add my own Magical Express, Dining Plan, etc.
So far I have been unsuccessful linking the confirmation number to MDE and hate having to bother her about all the details, especially considering their are 6 adults on the reservation. Anyone have any experience transferring confirmed reservations between contracts/members?

They will not be able to do this. These are two different memberships so there is no way to transfer the reservation. They have to cancel it first, then transfer you the points, and then re-book it under your membership. And, in that time, there is no way for them to hold it to do that and if there are waitlists, then it could get picked up that way.

A few months ago, an acquaintance of mine used her SSR contract to book me a 5 day stay in September. Last month, my own DVC contract went through so I now have my own member number. I'm wondering if she is able to call MS and have them switch the reservation from her member number to mine (like a points transfer but without losing the reservation). This would make it easier for her, as I would be able to add my own Magical Express, Dining Plan, etc.
So far I have been unsuccessful linking the confirmation number to MDE and hate having to bother her about all the details, especially considering their are 6 adults on the reservation. Anyone have any experience transferring confirmed reservations between contracts/members?
It might be possible to cancel, transfer (if the points are not banked or borrowed) and rebook but it's not likely and it has a huge degree of risk with really no benefit.

Thank you all for you responses. I guessed this might be the consensus. DIS Boards know all!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter