Transfer Question - Same Resort/UY

js

Been around since before the disboards 90s crash
Hi.

I wanted to make sure this is correct since reading on these boards, it looks like if I have an
SSR September UY, if I get a transfer of an SSR September UY, I should be able to see my points online
and be able to make my own booking, stalk, etc., without getting MS involved. If I got a transfer of any other
resort and/or UY, I would need to call MS, is this correct?

I am asking since I was looking in a FB DVC group about above specific transfer and there is someone on there
that seems to think (and then someone that has said they worked for DVC for 15 years confirming) this cannot be done and has even said they got the specific UY and resort and still had to call MS.

So, I am just double checking since I am waiting for the very specific transfer of September SSR UY.

Thank you so much!

Last edited:
Not necessarily.

I have transferred in the past and been able to access online with the same resort/use year. Did the exact same thing last month and I am unable to see them online. Have called to verify they are indeed in the account, but they do not display. So I will be calling in when I use them.

Don't know whether this was always the case and I just got lucky in the past or whether something has changed.

Hmm. When I did a transfer into my account with same UY and resort, they were available to use and see online.

This was a few years back, so it’s possible the system has changed? If it has, it would be recent.

The reason that same resort and UY points would be visible is that, since they matched, exactly, they could be put into the contract easily.

When they don’t match, MS has to create a temporary contract in your account that holds the points and that is why it not visible.

Maybe a call to MS is in order.

Not necessarily.

I have transferred in the past and been able to access online with the same resort/use year. Did the exact same thing last month and I am unable to see them online. Have called to verify they are indeed in the account, but they do not display. So I will be calling in when I use them.

Don't know whether this was always the case and I just got lucky in the past or whether something has changed.
Thank you. I wonder if it changed. That would be annoying LOL

Hmm. When I did a transfer into my account with same UY and resort, they were available to use and see online.

This was a few years back, so it’s possible the system has changed? If it has, it would be recent.

The reason that same resort and UY points would be visible is that, since they matched, exactly, they could be put into the contract easily.

When they don’t match, MS has to create a temporary contract in your account that holds the points and that is why it not visible.

Maybe a call to MS is in order.

Thank you. I feel like it's a crap shoot with MS. Maybe someone will know, maybe someone will not know but think they know the correct answer or just give me the answer based on the majority of transferred points in that if not matching it won't show.
I honestly rely more on the dis then the CMs at MS, sadly.

In most cases, transferred points are placed into a 'virtual' account in the accepting membership where they may be seen only by MS. In some cases, when the DVC Resort and Use Year (month) are the same, the points are simply added to the receiving account and are visible online, but that is not a consistent result.

I would NOT depend on the transferred points being visible online and would simply consider it a bonus if they were. I would always plan on needing to call MS to make a reservation using transferred points and just be thankful if they could be used while using the online booking engine.

Happy Thanksgiving! :teeth:

Enjoy!

Just a thought, Maybe to increase the chances of having the points available online is to ask the person who transfers the points to you, that he/she needs to tell MS to remember to put the points in the contract that is already there and not create a new virtual etc contract for the points.

Maybe it will work, maybe it wont.

I just did this a few weeks ago and although the points transferred were same resort & UY, they were not visible online. MS confirms that they are there but says that we can’t see them ourselves 😭

I just did this a few weeks ago and although the points transferred were same resort & UY, they were not visible online. MS confirms that they are there but says that we can’t see them ourselves 😭

Thanks for confirming.This is indeed a change from when I did it.

Thank you for this information. If that is the case, it will mot matter where I get the points from for a seven month booking and will just look for a trusted dis person with the least price per point. I saw on a DVC FB group someone asking $12 pp if you are a DVC member but think Ill stick with the dis people.

Hi.

Before I go ahead with a transfer, I can get a transfer of someone's October 2020 UY Points.
I want to use the points for a trip October 30, 31 and November 1.

First, would the use of points work for above?
Second, when I call MS, what UY do I want the points transferred into? I guess 2020 they would need to be transferred into.

Is above correct?

Thank you.

Transferred points retain their own UY and home resort, So, if you transfer 2020 October UY points, they will be considered your one and only transfer for your 2020 UY.

Transferred points retain their own UY and home resort, So, if you transfer 2020 October UY points, they will be considered your one and only transfer for your 2020 UY.

Thank you.
And I can use the October 2020 transfer of points for my trip, October 30, October 31 and November 1.
Correct?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!