Transferring Points between Members

DVC2000

Earning My Ears
In 2021 I will be booking multiple 2 BRs for a Nov. stay. I understand from member services I could transfer some of my CCV points to another member in turn for the equal amount of points for SSR to use at the 11 month booking window. Has anyone done this before?

To be honest, it's really rare people swap. Usually, you pay them for the transfer. MS won't say that because officially you cannot pay for transfer points. In practice, happens all the time.

Transfers are also only 1 per year, in or out. So you really couldn't swap that way.

Another member and I “swapped”. She booked a room for me at VGC, and I booked a room for her at BWV. It ended up being a few extra points for the BWV room because of length of stay, but I told her we could call it even. She offered to pay me the difference, but it was only like 10 or 11 points. Nothing earth shattering.

Did you know that member or did you post on the board?

I knew her from the boards. We’ve talked for a few years. I posted it, and she said she had some extra VGC points. I thought she was out. I’ve rented from numerous member before though for family and friends. I’ve transferred out points as well as bought transfers. In just over 4 years of membership, we’ve done it all!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter