Transit from Port Everglades to MIA - shuttle, Tri-Rail, rent a car?

AlohaNow

DIS Veteran
Hi! I'm having trouble finding affordable air for our cruise return day from FLL to Denver. Flights out of Miami are much cheaper for this route. Have any of you done a shuttle or Uber from Port Everglades to Miami? Or rented a car or taken the Tri-Rail train? I have plenty of time to look at all the options at this point. Also, we haven't cruised in six years so I am fuzzy on disembarkation. From my research it seems that people can be off Allure on a Sunday morning at Port Everglades around 7 or 8 o'clock. Does this sound right? I'm just wondering what time we should book out of MIA to ensure that we are there in time. Thanks cruisers!

last cruise we were one of the first non-self disembarkees off and we were at FLL around 8:30. If everything went as normal I’d imagine you’d be at MIA by 10 easily. So an 11am departure might be tight, but I think noon is doable.

As for travel, Uber/Lyft, taxi or a private car is pretty fast. If you feel like your timing is tight, I think this is your best option.

Shuttle will get you there but they only go once the coach is filled, so you could be waiting a while (we waited around 45 mom) before you go.

Rental car is probably a cheap option, but there could be some time between getting off the boat and actually getting your car. If you get a departure for later in the day, I’d probably do this.

We found it was cheaper to rent a car. We picked it up near the port (company provided a free shuttle) and dropped it off at MIA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter