Transportation from Disney to HRH

arcticdisneylovers

DIS Veteran
We will be coming from Contemporary Resort at Disney to the Hard Rock Hotel. Just wondering the best way to get there. Has anyone taken a taxi? How much would it be? Or should we try to arrange a private car service? Any recommendations?

I use private car service for my vacations in Orlando.
Mco to disney
disney to universal
universal to Mco

I read about many using taxi, uber/lyft and have no complaints.

Taxi will cost time in the cab and mileage.
Lyft/uber similar but can have an upcharge during high volume times.

I have used taxi service inside the Disney parks if I need to rush to a park for an adr.
I have valet outside call the taxi for me if one is not present

I travel solo most of the times and prefer having private car service as they handle my luggage for each leg of the trip.
I don't touch my luggage until it is in my hotel room.

If you are asking which company I use, it is Tony Hinds transportation.
He charges a flat rate and includes a free grocery/liquor stop

Uber or Lyft will be $15-25, which is a lot less than a taxi. Surge pricing doesn’t happen often and it’ll be transparent. It’s the cheap, most flexible option.

I have done the private car service as well. MCO-WDW, then WDW-US and then US-MCO. We have used quicksilver transportation for many years now and it's always been fantastic.

It's so easy and great service.

For a one day trip, I have taken HRH's car service to WDW and it was $50.00 each way. I went for MNSSHP while staying at HRH. I was told that a cab would be about the same $50.00 each way.

I have done the private car service as well. MCO-WDW, then WDW-US and then US-MCO. We have used quicksilver transportation for many years now and it's always been fantastic.

It's so easy and great service.

For a one day trip, I have taken HRH's car service to WDW and it was $50.00 each way. I went for MNSSHP while staying at HRH. I was told that a cab would be about the same $50.00 each way.
And Uber or Lyft would be about $25 :)

We used Uber from Portofino to A of A last week, it was $18.95 plus tip (smaller size car).

I would use Uber. We took a taxi last trip just because one was waiting in front of AKL and it was roughly $40 plus tip if memory serves.

• We went from Pop to Cabana Bay last year. I called taxi first to inquire about cost. The man told me it would be '$35/$40, could be more, can't say till we get you there. I'll send a car right over'. I said, no, please don't. We would call back later. I then went to the Uber app and pulled up the cost through them. $14.75. Throw on a good tip and its still half of what the taxi service wanted. There were two of us with 3 pieces of luggage and we had lots of room. We used Uber again last year going from Universal to MCO with four of us and 6 pieces of luggage with no issues.
  • I personally like knowing how much it is going to cost going in. I don't need the surprise of a bill at the end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts