Transportation from MCO?

Lyndarella

All my dreams are coming true
We have not yet taken a Disney cruise. Can we fly into MCO the same day we sail, or do we need an extra day before we sail? Also, can we get back to MCO the same day we get off the ship, or will that not give us enough time? I don't know if we would add WDW resort days or not. We would like to use Disney transportation, but don't know how that works.

The DCL buses start running around 10:00am from MCO to the port. You can certainly fly in the same day as the cruise, but most people recommend flying in the day before, just in case of weather or other problems which could delay your flight (or your luggage).

You must be off the ship by, I think, 8:45am, so you can definitely fly out the same day. When we went last year, we left the ship about 8:30am, checked our luggage with Delta at the port, boarded the bus, and were at MCO by 10:00am. If you are flying out the same day, I wouldn't schedule your flight to leave before noon, in case the ship is delayed getting into port or clearing customs. You can also take the DCL bus from the port to the WDW resorts as well, if you want to stay there a few days after the cruise. IMHO, I would stay at WDW prior to the cruise, so you can go home rested and relaxed. Spending any time at WDW can be pretty exhausting.

Although you should have plenty of time to make it to the port with an early day-of flight, I personally prefer coming in the night before to give myself a cushion of error. That way, if there is bad weather, mechanical problems with a plane, or some other unforeseen issue, I have some extra time before I have to panic. I book a night-before hotel via Priceline, which typically costs $25 to $28 for the top star level (we usually get the Marriott). We use Happy Limo, but if you're using the Disney bus, you could take the hotel shuttle in the morning.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at castawayclub.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter