Transportation from Swan and Dolphin?

FireflyTrance

DIS Veteran
Does anyone know if the Disney Swan and Dolphin typically provide transportation for rundisney race weekends? Specifically the Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend? If not, how difficult is it to drive over? We drove over this year, but only for the kids races, so that wasn't too busy. Where does the 5K typically start? Thanks!

Does anyone know if the Disney Swan and Dolphin typically provide transportation for rundisney race weekends? Specifically the Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend? If not, how difficult is it to drive over? We drove over this year, but only for the kids races, so that wasn't too busy. Where does the 5K typically start? Thanks!

Yes. It’s typically provided as part of the Boardwalk/Yacht & Beach Club loop.

We are DVC and stay at Boardwalk for races. Our local(ish) family typically drives from an hour away and stays at the Swolfin to be near us. There are buses that stop there, picking up in the convention area. You CAN walk over to Boardwalk, Beach or Yacht Club if you want. (My family does this so we can all ride together and get to the start area at the same time.) Each resort has dedicated buses going TO the races in my experience. Going back, they're on loops and stop at multiple resorts. You can get off at the first stop and walk the rest of the way if you're in a hurry (and your legs allow). It used to be that Swolfin was the first stop going back, but during Marathon Weekend this year Boardwalk was.

Last edited:
I stayed at the Swan for marathon weekend and I seem to remember walking over to the convention area of the Dolphin to catch the bus. It was 2011 and pretty early so I may not be remembering correctly.

I do think we were dropped off at the Swan separately after the race.

For marathon weekend this year, there was pick-up at the Swan's convention center.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!