Transportation Options from Disney to Universal/IOA

Yeah, a regular Uber only guarantees space for 4 passengers. I have always wondered if you can decline if you get matched with an inappropriate car for your needs or a driver with poor ratings.

So we need to go from Yacht Club to Hard Rock hotel the morning of November 6. We want to get to the hotel early enough to check in and get over to whichever park has early admission, which should be an 8 a.m. open. So if we leave Yacht Club around 7 a.m. will that be enough time? We'll have 5 adults with probably 2 suitcases -- do we need 2 Uber/Lyft cars or will we have an option for a larger SUV?

You should leave earlier. I'd go with 6:45.
You can order an Uber XL (I assume Lyft has size options as well but I don't know the names). The apps usually make it very clear how many passengers each category is for. Uber XL is for 7-8 passengers, usually a minivan or large SUV.

You should leave earlier. I'd go with 6:45.
You can order an Uber XL (I assume Lyft has size options as well but I don't know the names). The apps usually make it very clear how many passengers each category is for. Uber XL is for 7-8 passengers, usually a minivan or large SUV.
Great, thanks very much. 645 it is.

Does anyone know if Tony Hind is still providing transportation to Uni? I sent an email to the address listed on his website and it came back undeliverable.

EDIT: I sent him a text and he responded right away so there must just be something up with his email.

Last edited:
If you drive your own rental car to Universal is it cheaper to park after a certain time in the evening? I thought I had read that somewhere.

I just saw a similar question above, so apologies. I'm planning on Uber-ing to US for rope drop from the Yacht Club. I was hoping to make it a pretty early day at the two parks -- there isn't too much that my bf and I want to do there, and I think we can comfortable finish everything by 2:45. Would leaving at 3 give us enough time to take an Uber to the Polynesian for a 3:50 ADR?

Hi, what is the correct email for Tony Hinds? Is it gmail or yahoo? says gmail on his website but if you click it it gives you a yahoo email address. I sent an email to the gmail address a couple days ago but haven't heard anything back. Thanks!

Unfortunately I live in NZ so would be costly I think. Does he usually respond to emails? Thanks!

Yes tony always responds to emails

Maybe your first email
Went into cyber space

Sent him another one
Let me know if you still have issues

I will call him for you

Let me know by pm

Maybe your first email
Went into cyber space

Sent him another one

I will call him for you

Let me know by pm
Thank you! Will resend email and let you know :-)

Maybe your first email
Went into cyber space

Sent him another one

I will call him for you

Let me know by pm

I'm looking for Tony. I used him on October 10 and emailed him on Friday for another pickup in January. I heard back from him Friday and Monday but nothing since. I emailed him this morning to make sure we are booked since I haven't received an invoice and still have not heard back from him. Hope everything is ok.

UPDATE. I HEARD BACK. ALL SET!

Last edited:
Yes I heard back from Tony too and we are all booked in, very happy, price seemed very reasonable :-) I was just wondering how it works with tipping - we have 4 different trips we are booked in for and Tony has given us a total price for the whole trip.
Tony said "Tips can be paid up front or to the driver not a problem. It may be different drivers." If we paid each driver for each trip how will we know how much to tip as we don't know the cost of each leg, just the total cost? Or if we do pay the tips up front based on total price (which I think would be easier for us) will Tony make sure the right portion gets to the right driver? Thanks so much!

Also whats the usual amount to tip for this? We don't have tipping in NZ and have no idea :-) think I have heard 18% - is that reasonable?

For the question of the 4 trip segment, I would divide the total by 4 and pay the same tip to each driver on each ride

I tip 20% like I do in restaurants

Personal choice of the amount you feel the driver is due

Some start at 10% and up to 20%

After searching and reading through quite a bit in this thread, I am going to book Tony for our day trip to Universal for our group of 9.

He mentioned he has car seats and rear facing is an option. Has anyone with an infant used his car rear facing car seats we have a 17mo)? My wife wants to make sure the seat is age appropriate. I have read that we can take a car seat and leave it with lost and found at Universal but if he has appropriate seats, I would prefer that option so we don't have to carry it around.

Thank you in advance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!