Travel agent or not?

HMANSION LOVER

PIN TRADER
Planning a trip to Japan and could use some advice from my fellow Dis Board fans. Having read some of the posts on this Other Lands thread it seems that planning a trip to Tokyo Disneyland is a pretty daunting task. Having never traveled internationally should I enlist the help of a travel agent? I am a member of AAA and was wondering if anyone has an opinion of whether or not I should use their travel services or enlist a private travel agent that specializes in international travel. I know every AAA office will be different but does AAA have the tools in their arsenal to really help me with my plans?

Planning a trip to Japan and could use some advice from my fellow Dis Board fans. Having read some of the posts on this Other Lands thread it seems that planning a trip to Tokyo Disneyland is a pretty daunting task. Having never traveled internationally should I enlist the help of a travel agent? I am a member of AAA and was wondering if anyone has an opinion of whether or not I should use their travel services or enlist a private travel agent that specializes in international travel. I know every AAA office will be different but does AAA have the tools in their arsenal to really help me with my plans?

Make sure the travel agent you enlist know their way with Japan. As you note, many are not used to it and there are subtle things about Japan that make it different to book and experience. Check with your AAA office and see what they say.

I've done 6 trips to Japan on my own and I am now comfortable enough to do it all on my own.

Absimilliard, thank you very much for your insight. Truly appreciated. Stay out of harms way my friend.

FWIW, I was told that domestic travel agents could not book with TDR. Not sure if that's true. Are you looking for other support, or just Disney. As a rule, AAA has great rates, but in the long run, it really depends on the individual agent's capability.

FWIW, I was told that domestic travel agents could not book with TDR. Not sure if that's true. Are you looking for other support, or just Disney. As a rule, AAA has great rates, but in the long run, it really depends on the individual agent's capability.

I can confirm that as when I inquired with a few specializing in Disney travel agents here in Canada, they could do Disneyland Paris.... but Tokyo Disney was completely impossible for them to book. Where a good travel agent can help is with the things around Tokyo Disney. Making sure your hotel has a good location, airport transfer, etc.

I did look myself at booking things for a group as quite a few friends want me to guide them around Japan for a roller coaster tour and the process seemed complicated.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!