Travel Changes?

One last observation - while not an AbD trip, D23 removed their Maeceline Disney Hometown Museum trip from the D23 website today It had been originally scheduled for this past weekend and rescheduled for September 5. And that’s domestic travel only, to Missouri.

I think they do this when they are planning to cancel them soon. This way they can keep your money. Best bet Is to wait to see if they will cancel and you can get your money back. No point in having them hold your cash for so long.
For what it’s worth Tauck just cancelled all of August today. So if history repeats itself I think Disney will cancel in another week or so.
Thanks for that! I bet they follow the TAuck schedule and as you said released this option today before pulling the plug. Thank for letting us know.

I think they do this when they are planning to cancel them soon. This way they can keep your money. Best bet Is to wait to see if they will cancel and you can get your money back. No point in having them hold your cash for so long.
For what it’s worth Tauck just cancelled all of August today. So if history repeats itself I think Disney will cancel in another week or so.
Can u share where u saw tauck with August cancel I can only find July

We just got the same ABD email for our Aug 28 Greece trip. Given the 14-day window, there's lots of time to see if the trip is outright canceled, so I think we will just wait for now. Worst case is that we would end up taking the new offer and apply the credit to a trip in 2021 - so not a terrible deal either way. That said, I still prefer they cancel and then I can have some more flexibility in how/where/when to use the refund for future travel.

We just got the same ABD email for our Aug 28 Greece trip. Given the 14-day window, there's lots of time to see if the trip is outright canceled, so I think we will just wait for now. Worst case is that we would end up taking the new offer and apply the credit to a trip in 2021 - so not a terrible deal either way. That said, I still prefer they cancel and then I can have some more flexibility in how/where/when to use the refund for future travel.
That’s the trip we would have been on! We decided we wanted to go to New Zealand so we already went ahead and switched, but I’m glad to know that if we hadn’t we would have had more flexibility to wait, even though we would have had to PIF.

That’s the trip we would have been on!
Well nice to have almost met you! :) I noticed that Greece just released their list of countries that will be allowed to fly in starting June 15, and both U.S. and Canada are not on that list. They've said the list may be updated before July 1, but I have to believe that ABD will need to seriously look at cancelling Greece trips for August based on this news.

i'm going to have to bite the bullet and cancel our October 25th disneyland ABD (the podcaster trip).
I wish i could get my deposit refunded given that i doubt i'll ever go on an ABD tour (unless the podcasters come up with something else of interest).
Sadly, ABD doesn't refund deposits.

Will i have to pick a specific tour, or are they issuing placeholders?

If i have to pick a specific tour, anyone know what's the cheapest tour they offer? LOL....
seriously.
Also, is the deposit transferable to another person?

i'm going to have to bite the bullet and cancel our October 25th disneyland ABD (the podcaster trip).
I wish i could get my deposit refunded given that i doubt i'll ever go on an ABD tour (unless the podcasters come up with something else of interest).

If i have to pick a specific tour, anyone know what's the cheapest tour they offer? LOL....
seriously.

Sorry to hear that you have to cancel your ABD, but I completely understand.

ABD will refund the deposit but you have to wait for them to cancel the trip. They have been taking their sweet time doing this and it's usually after PIF, so you'd be paying a game of 'chicken' with them.

I am not sure if you can transfer the deposit to someone else. With respect to moving the deposit, why not move it to another Backstage Magic trip in late 2021?

Sorry to hear that you have to cancel your ABD, but I completely understand.

ABD will refund the deposit but you have to wait for them to cancel the trip. They have been taking their sweet time doing this and it's usually after PIF, so you'd be paying a game of 'chicken' with them.

I am not sure if you can transfer the deposit to someone else. With respect to moving the deposit, why not move it to another Backstage Magic trip in late 2021?

i doubt they'll cancel. I'm sure DL will be back in business by that time, so there would be no reason for them to cancel.
but we come from overseas, and i'm not comfortable with international travel at this point.
Plus there's a serious issue with international travel insurance right now because of corona, so it would be taking a foolish risk...

i would only do another backstage with the podcasters, not on our own...
the main reason i signed up for that tour was it was being led by Pete, John and Kevin.

i can wait for PIF, but nothing is going to change between now and then...

Sorry no you cannot transfer your credit to someone else. In fact on my trip that is a placeholder I wasn't sure my daughter could make it. They wouldn't even let me move her deposit to me. Has to be used by person booked. Insane

What happens if you PIF, playing "chicken" with ABD, but then they don't cancel? What are your options at that point? Can you still turn a trip into a placeholder after PIF?

What happens if you PIF, playing "chicken" with ABD, but then they don't cancel? What are your options at that point? Can you still turn a trip into a placeholder after PIF?
As of now for August trips yes. Move to future date airfare and all

seriously.

I am just curious as I have the same trip November 8th... are you canceling ahead of time assuming it will be canceled?

I am just curious as I have the same trip November 8th... are you canceling ahead of time assuming it will be canceled?

no, i don't think it will cancel.
And if i lived in the US, i wouldn't cancel.
But we don't live in the US and i think international travel will be an iffy proposition until there's a vaccine, which i suspect will only come online in 2021.
And it's not that i'm particularly worried about catching it, but international travel insurance policies now have very specific corona related caveats, making travel even more of a financial risk.
Given the high cost of medical care in the US, it's a risk i'm not willing to bear.

no, i don't think it will cancel.
And if i lived in the US, i wouldn't cancel.
But we don't live in the US and i think international travel will be an iffy proposition until there's a vaccine, which i suspect will only come online in 2021.
And it's not that i'm particularly worried about catching it, but international travel insurance policies now have very specific corona related caveats, making travel even more of a financial risk.
Given the high cost of medical care in the US, it's a risk i'm not willing to bear.

Where are you coming from overseas? Are you allowed to come into the US now? I don't even know who they are allowing in and who are not.

Where are you coming from overseas? Are you allowed to come into the US now? I don't even know who they are allowing in and who are not.
I'm an american (born in the USA), so yes, i can enter the US.
Actually, even if i weren't an American, i'd be able to enter the US as the country where i live (Israel) isn't on the forbidden list.

The current forbidden countries (according to the CDC- that's where the list is located) are the UK, Ireland, all the Schengen countries, Iran, China, Brazil
If you've been in any of the above during the past 14 days, you can't enter US if you're not an American.
I've linked the CDC page below.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/from-other-countries.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter