Travel Insurance?

epicureangirl

Mouseketeer
Has anyone out there found any terrific deals on travel insurance (medical coverage)? So far it seems like the CAA rates are the best -- has anyone done better?

Thanks (in advance) for any tips!

Cheers.

I just called our credit union yesterday and they gave me a rate of $1.80 each per day (which turned out for our 24 day stay in March) saving us about $24.00 versus CAA's rates.:) :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I've found in the past that getting CAA insurance for a year isn't much more money than buying from another company for two weeks. Last year, we got insurance for the four of us for a total of approximately $130 for the entire year. It's a great deal if you're going to the States more than once in the year.

Sometimes travel insurance is included if you have health insurance ... I think it's included on the plan that I have at work. I'm still planning on purchasing travel/medical insurance because we might be switching plans...

Thanks, for the info so far.

I tried a few places and CAA did seem like a good deal. I actually get 500K coverage through my company health-plan, but the insurance rep said they always recommend at least a million when going to the US (especially with the exchange rate I guess!).

Do you think that's going overboard, or is 500k enough?

I tend to think that where your health or the health of your family is in question - the extra money spent on insurance is totally worth it. Healthcare in the states is as we all know ridiculously expensive - it would be horrible to have anything happen and have to worry about not being covered. As always, just an opinion :)

Also try your homeowner's policy-I had a rider added to mine
good for one full year all members of my family-covers health,
accident, life and baggage and limited trip cancellation- for
$54 for the year, unlimited trips out of province - up to 30
days each trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter