Travel time

Karyanne30

Mouseketeer
Hello. We will need to pick someone up at sna on one of our park days. The flight lands at 610pm on a Thursday. How much time should we anticipate it taking to leave park, go to Mickey and friends and drive to get her?
Also, with Mickey and friends only opening 90 min before park opening on days with magic morning, does that tend to make you pretty late to magic morning?

At 6pm, I'd be in my car at 5pm and on my way. Traffic can suck :) It took me 55 minutes from Long Beach to Disneyland (similar mileage) this summer at 4:30. Likely 45-55 minutes on the way back as well, plus the time to repark.

Hello. We will need to pick someone up at sna on one of our park days. The flight lands at 610pm on a Thursday. How much time should we anticipate it taking to leave park, go to Mickey and friends and drive to get her?
Also, with Mickey and friends only opening 90 min before park opening on days with magic morning, does that tend to make you pretty late to magic morning?
When is your trip and where are you staying?

I hope you're going to the parks when they open at 7amEE and close at 11pm or midnight.

If park hours are opening at 9am or 10am and close at 8pm, going to SNA for a 6:10pm arrival is really going to cut your park day.

If you're there for short park hours, I'd have your friend Uber or taxi to the hotel drop off their bags and then Uber/taxi to meet you at the parks. Otherwise it will be a nice brake for you, if traffic isn't too bad.

This will be on nov29. It is my mom, so I don’t know about trying to get her to take Uber or Lyft. We can probably get her on one when she leaves but probably not when she arrives. I am thinking I would show up at the airport at 630 so that she had her bags already.

We are staying at staybridge suites and since hours aren’t announced, I can only go by touring plans guess of the hours which is magic morning starting at 8am and park closing at 10. We do have 5 day hoppers, and go quite frequently, so one of us leaving for an hour or two won’t be that big of a deal.

Depending on where your Mom is flying from, she may want to just go straight to the hotel. Especially if the Park closes at 9pm. Otherwise, I think having just one person do the airport run is okay. Plan on 2 hours total.

Depending on where your Mom is flying from, she may want to just go straight to the hotel. Especially if the Park closes at 9pm. Otherwise, I think having just one person do the airport run is okay. Plan on 2 hours total.
We already upgraded her ticket, as long as she does a couple of rides that day she will be fine.

Last edited:
Knowing it's your MOM is a big difference for me.

It's great when extended family can get together for a park trip.
You might want to download info on her flight. Check it as you're getting ready to head to SNA.
I'd want to know it's on time for arrival. At least it's a Thursday night and not Friday.

Have a fun time in the parks

Geemo

Normal drive time is 17 min. At that time topical traffic is closer to 35 min. I would leave 45 min and you should be fine

Knowing it's your MOM is a big difference for me.

It's great when extended family can get together for a park trip.
You might want to download info on her flight. Check it as you're getting ready to head to SNA.
I'd want to know it's on time for arrival. At least it's a Thursday night and not Friday.

Have a fun time in the parks

Geemo
Yes we are very happy to have her join us for a few days. More than happy to go get her, just want to kind of have an idea of what to expect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter