Traveling to Memphis with a 10 Year Old...

I almost accepted a job in Memphis. When I asked folks where they thought I should focus a housing search, they all said... Mississippi. LOL.
Agree with all of the above. Don't stay near Graceland. Don't go anywhere you are uncomfortable, be aware of surroundings. Enjoy.

Commissary BBQ was great!

I almost accepted a job in Memphis. When I asked folks where they thought I should focus a housing search, they all said... Mississippi. LOL.
Agree with all of the above. Don't stay near Graceland. Don't go anywhere you are uncomfortable, be aware of surroundings. Enjoy.

Commissary BBQ was great!

When I first got to work, I was part of a group of maybe 5. The big boss told us that day that he realizes none of us want to be in Memphis but he expects a few good years out of us before he would let us transfer.

There were a few that lived in Mississippi but I personally never understood it. It is cheaper to live there but the state income tax didn't make it worth it for me to even consider.

When I first got to work, I was part of a group of maybe 5. The big boss told us that day that he realizes none of us want to be in Memphis but he expects a few good years out of us before he would let us transfer.

There were a few that lived in Mississippi but I personally never understood it. It is cheaper to live there but the state income tax didn't make it worth it for me to even consider.

My husbands job brought us to Memphis, otherwise I'd never have moved here. We live in a town that has a high military population, and they always complain about having to move to Memphis. But, they're short timers here so they'll be gone in two-three years.

Count me in as another person who doesn't understand the allure of living in MS. Sure it may be slightly cheaper, but I have co-workers who regularly complain about the commute (traffic). Plus their schools are not ranked very high. We moved to the suburbs for quality schools that are not part of Shelby County Schools (aka Memphis City Schools).

My husbands job brought us to Memphis, otherwise I'd never have moved here. We live in a town that has a high military population, and they always complain about having to move to Memphis. But, they're short timers here so they'll be gone in two-three years.

Count me in as another person who doesn't understand the allure of living in MS. Sure it may be slightly cheaper, but I have co-workers who regularly complain about the commute (traffic). Plus their schools are not ranked very high. We moved to the suburbs for quality schools that are not part of Shelby County Schools (aka Memphis City Schools).

Yeah, the suburbs east of Memphis in TN are a better choice than MS. Of course, there is nothing wrong with living in the city either, though I wouldn't want to send kids to SCS so I get that.

Yeah, the suburbs east of Memphis in TN are a better choice than MS. Of course, there is nothing wrong with living in the city either, though I wouldn't want to send kids to SCS so I get that.

We're out in Lakeland, so we have good schools. If we could have afforded good private schools for four kids we might have considered certain portions of mid-town or east Memphis as it's closer to work. Ultimately we have come to really like Lakeland and Arlington.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter