Traveling w/ a 6mo

AspenLL

Mouseketeer
Hi all! Need some advice/help for our upcoming trip next month. We first went to WDW with our oldest when he was 12mo and will be bringing our new guy who will be 6mo at the time. I’m going to break out my questions below in hopes you’ll be able to give me some tips or tricks. Thank you in advance!

1) Our flight leaves at 6am and the taxi is grabbing us around 4am. My goal is to get baby up, changed and into the car with him falling back asleep. Ideally, I want to give him his morning bottle at the airport before we get into the air (he usually eats around 6:45am) and give him his solids during the flight. Is this something that anyone has done?

2) His last bottle is usually around 7:30pm or so. What do you do when you’re still in the park after the last bottle has been fed? I assume he will still be awake after that bottle versus going down for the night like we usually do at time.

3) For those who have baby worn, I plan on bringing my Tula to alternate with the stroller. It’ll be my first time wearing in the park, so looking for do’s and don’t’s.

If you can think of anything else for traveling and doing WDW, please let me know :)

Yay, baby' s first trip! You all are going to have an amazing time :) We don't live too far so normally drive to WDW, however we did a similar early flight time going overseas to visit parents when DD was 6 months old ( last year.) We got her up, and transported to our car in carseat. We drove to the airport....
DD woke when I was trying to move her from crib to carseat, she did not go back to sleep. Then with all of the excitement at the airport it was a bit hard for her to stop wanting to see everything. She got cranky quickly, I gave her a bottle about 20 minutes before boarding. She finally went back to sleep an hour into the flight.

Baby wearing.....it it going to be HOT. We lived near WDW for about a year and now live a few hours in similar weather. I love the heat, but you both will sweat a lot while using the carrier .Try alternating often out of carrier, either by just holding baby or in stroller. Our DD ( 6 months on first trip to WDW....kept falling asleep in the stroller and the carrier. The first 3 days she slept way to much during the day, and then was up ALL night long ( as in every 15 minutes.) By Day 4, I decided just to try to carry her without carrier, she stayed awake this way.
She did not sleep well in the crib GF or BC provided either, ended up in bed with me .

Nights did not work well for us! Even now, DD was 16 months this past trip in February/ March and this was her fifth trip. We still are not able to be out past her bed time. If we go off of her ' at home schedule' it is cranky cranky cranky. She wouldn't ' sleep in' the next morning, and when we tried staying at the park with DS10 one night, she fell asleep at park, but once we got back was up until 1 am. We have found keeping DD on her regular schedule works better for us.
I hope you have a a magical trip!

Edited...if you and DH or older child want to be in park late you could always leave baby one evening with a kids night out in room sitter....may work for you

Last edited:
When our youngest was still on the bottle we had a leak proof bottle bag. We would ask for a hot cup of water for tea from a QS, or get it ourselves, and warm the bottle in the bottle carrier that way. We were able to use our Ergobaby the whole time but we went in November. Keep everyone hydrated! I've passed so many beat red babies at Disney and it always freak me out!

Also, many gift shops make cool quiet places for baby to rest or nap. Don't forget about the infant care centers in each theme park either. https://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/baby-care-centers.htm They are also great to take a break from the heat or let your little one rest. They all have several full size changing tables that are much nicer than the ones in the restrooms.

Hi all! Need some advice/help for our upcoming trip next month. We first went to WDW with our oldest when he was 12mo and will be bringing our new guy who will be 6mo at the time. I’m going to break out my questions below in hopes you’ll be able to give me some tips or tricks. Thank you in advance!

1) Our flight leaves at 6am and the taxi is grabbing us around 4am. My goal is to get baby up, changed and into the car with him falling back asleep. Ideally, I want to give him his morning bottle at the airport before we get into the air (he usually eats around 6:45am) and give him his solids during the flight. Is this something that anyone has done?

2) His last bottle is usually around 7:30pm or so. What do you do when you’re still in the park after the last bottle has been fed? I assume he will still be awake after that bottle versus going down for the night like we usually do at time.

3) For those who have baby worn, I plan on bringing my Tula to alternate with the stroller. It’ll be my first time wearing in the park, so looking for do’s and don’t’s.

If you can think of anything else for traveling and doing WDW, please let me know :)

1. I don't know if you are traveling from one time zone to another ((or several) but new medico thought is to adjust sleeping schedule one day for each time zone change so that by the time you arrive at your destination all are better acclimatized. You should have a plan B in case baby doesn't feel like following the travel day's schedule.

2. I'd try to ensure LO's sleeping schedule wasn't disordered but if you feel the Disney lure, try and do something quiet/low sound/low key after her/his last bottle.

3. I've baby worn but it was prolly wayyy before you were born and I haven't caught up with the latest; I'm sure your generational sisters can say better :).

Have fun!

1. I have traveled with my now 1 year old about 10 times, one of those was flying to Disney while he was 6 months old. I have always always either fed him a bottle or nursed him while ascending into the air - It makes him tired and helps his ears. The one time I tried to give him a bottle in the airport, he was awake the entire flight. Every other time, he slept the whole flight.

2. Leo typically fell asleep in the park at his normal bedtime. I recline his stroller to the sleeping position and brought noise cancelling headphones. We were able to watch Illuminations and Happily Ever After this way. Plus the entire parade from MNSSHP. He has always been easy sleeping in his stroller though. I am not sure if this is the same for you.

3. When are you going? Is it going to be hot? I highly recommend a rechargeable fan for both you and the baby. It will help with the heat of the baby wearing and you can get one that will clip on to your stroller. I brought a white fitted crib sheet with us. During the sunny times, I would put the crib sheet over the stroller like a poncho and put the fan in it. My stroller has a vent in the back of it and I would open that up and it would create a cool wind tunnel for him. That drastically improved his mood whenever he felt too hot.

One thing to note is that Leo hated being worn in the parks but loved his stroller. I think he didn't get to see as much while being worn as opposed to the stroller, he got to see everything

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter