Travelling to Amusement Parks other then Disney

We did the drive to Cedar Point once before kids. Only thing we wished we had left earlier because the parking lot and park were packed when we got there. We liked it better than Wonderland just weren't a fan of the drive. Before kids we always tried to make everything a day trip so that was our downfall. Then again when you are within an hour of Wonderland or Niagara Falls day trips are pretty cool.
We've done Disney and the kids didn't care for it. We'd rather spend it at HS over MK it just didn't have the appeal. We are Universal fans. We can spend all day riding Simpsons, Hargrid, Hulk, the Mummy, Men in Black and only one of our kids and I will do Rip Rocket. Last year I was able to ride it twice in one day. That's all my neck can take.
Down here in the Windsor area, Cedar Point is closer than Wonderland, and in earlier days, was a favourite day trip for a lot of people around here. Personally, I'm not a fan, but as alluded to earlier in the thread, as an Acrophobic, there's not really anything there for me. In a couple of years time, once the kids start getting in towards the teen years, I'll probably bring them, once I can send them on rides by themselves and sit them out, as I don't need my phobia holding them back. Same with Wonderland. Haven't taken them there yet either for the same reasons.

Down here in the Windsor area, Cedar Point is closer than Wonderland, and in earlier days, was a favourite day trip for a lot of people around here. Personally, I'm not a fan, but as alluded to earlier in the thread, as an Acrophobic, there's not really anything there for me. In a couple of years time, once the kids start getting in towards the teen years, I'll probably bring them, once I can send them on rides by themselves and sit them out, as I don't need my phobia holding them back. Same with Wonderland. Haven't taken them there yet either for the same reasons.
Cedar Point is my favorite park. There is lots to do that's not coaster related. They have lots of shows, some really good rides that don't go off the ground and some of the restaurants in the park have really good food. There is lots to do even if you're not a coaster fan

I live in NL, so I think the closest theme park would be Le Ronde in Montreal. Thats a 3 hour plane ride or a few days drive. So jealous of those within reasonable driving distance to any theme parks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter