Trip Report Incoming: Gulf Shores (AL) Shrimp Festival Week 2022

Loved your trip report very much! I remember when Arnold & myself was able to camp with the Dismeet one Memorial week. Our stay ended pretty quickly when a hurricane was to hit GS. Instead it hit Florida's panhandle.

I remember that, Gloria. Ya'll were in site #3 and we were next to you around the corner in #4.

Well we got away this morning before I could get an update in but we are home now and I still owe an update so this is it.

It was a little cool this morning but weather was great the whole trip. Never wore a long sleeve shirt or jacket. Never wore any long pants or sweats. Never had any threat of rain (but the area needs it).

We packed up with no sense of rush then rode our bikes over to Gator Road on the far side of the camp store to check out our lakefront spot over there we have for next spring. Then over to the store to turn in our bikes and we walked back to our site. Along the way I saw a funny thing.

I bet that charcoal grill creates one heck of a wake! :sail:

Got loaded up, closed up, and hitched up, and were ready to roll out at 9am.

So this trip is in the books. We have one more camping trip between now and when we head to the Fort for Thanksgiving. Thanks for coming along with us.

Bama Ed

Postscript: Finished putting things away this morning and put the new-to-us Pensacola Lighthouse fridge magnet on top of the fridge door in its rightful place next to the others.

They are aligned left-to-right in the order of visitation. There are nine currently.

So that's it. That's all. It's over. Go home (and camp).

giphy.gif

:) Bama Ed

Last edited:

I bet that charcoal grill creates one heck of a wake! :sail:
Maybe it's heats up the coals faster? :confused3

Excellent trip report as always, although I am questioning the pic of the completed puzzle as it appears that your foot is precariously off the edge of the picnic table.

Maybe it's heats up the coals faster? :confused3

Excellent trip report as always, although I am questioning the pic of the completed puzzle as it appears that your foot is precariously off the edge of the picnic table.

I stood on the bench, Joe, and took the picture looking down at the puzzle that rested on the tabletop.

Good catch!

ED

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter