Trip Report - March 2024

Buc-ee's are the best stop!! That's funny that you all were too early for coffee!
We stopped at Buc-Eee’s once before and it was jam packed. This time it was much easier to walk around and browse so we enjoyed it much more. I know we got a kick out of 7-11 not having coffee yet.

I LOVE Buc-ees. For me, it's like going to Disney. But too early for coffee???? I thought most 7-11's were 24 hours. But even if they aren't, shouldn't coffee be like the first thing on the opening checklist??

And you did the gym at 2am???? That's some dedication. Honestly, I would have completely skipped it on a travel day that started that early. You make me feel guilty.
Buc-ees was definitely a good stop, we enjoyed it.
We knew Starbucks wasn’t open that early but thought 7-11 would have coffee in the morning regardless of it being early. It probably worked out better that they didn’t have it or we may not have stopped at Buc-ees.
Yes 2am at the gym. I knew we’d be sitting in the car all day so wanted to do something.

Saturday 3/16/24
While the hotel had a small 24 hour gym and had an included breakfast we skipped both today. We just showered, got dressed, and ready to go.

We had some trouble with the shower in the handicapped room. We got the floor soaked. There was a curtain but no raised part so the water just went all over the floor. Scott did better with the shower than I did. Luckily, there were extra towels.

We left about 6am to finish the ride home.

We were in Maryland at 7.

Somehow we missed one of the road splits where we were supposed to stay on I95. The car told us which way to go, but we went the wrong way. We didn’t realize we went the wrong way at first but when the car kept saying make a legal U turn over and over, and we saw the distance to home increasing rather than decreasing we realized we were going the wrong way. Of course we’re laughing at ourselves since we have the navigation in the car on and we have the trip tik but we still messed up. We must have been very involved in whatever we were talking about or singing. Luckily, we only wasted maybe 20 minutes with this little detour.

We were in Delaware at 9:25

We were in New Jersey at 9:45. Similar to how we feel when we get to Florida on the drive down, we’re in the state but still have a while to go. The ride through Florida going down and the ride through New Jersey going home both seem to take so long. We live near the top of New Jersey so know we have almost 3 hours to drive before we’re home.

We stopped at a rest stop once we were in New Jersey for Starbucks breakfast sandwiches and beverages.

Before we got home we stopped at Stop & Shop (a grocery store) for a few items.

We were home about 12:45. It was nice to get home so early in the day so we were glad we drove into Virginia yesterday making today a shorter travel day.

The cats were very happy to see us. We started some of the post vacation chores like unpacking, going through mail, a little more laundry, etc. Of course we spent a lot of time playing with the cats.

That night we ordered a Chicken Parmigiana hero from a local pizza place to share and had it delivered. I forgot to take a picture but it was very good. It was nice to have a relaxing evening at home with our delivered dinner and hanging out with the cats.

Reactions: DLo
Sunday 3/17/24
We like to keep the vacation vibe going since it’s still the weekend.

We went out to dinner to Biagio’s, a casual Italian restaurant in Paramus, New Jersey, maybe 30 minutes from home. We go here pretty regularly, sit at the bar, know the bartenders, other employees, and some of the regular customers so it’s always a good time.

I had White Sangria (they make the best White Sangria) and Scott had Makers Bourbon
IMG_7242.jpeg

The bread is great.
IMG_7246.jpeg

The fried calamari is perfectly crispy and not greasy.
IMG_7248.jpeg

We usually stick to a few of the same entrees but it was St Patrick’s Day so we decided to try some of the specials instead.

The stuffed jumbo shrimp over pasta was very good.
IMG_7252.jpeg

The Shepperd’s Pie Scott liked, but I wasn’t that crazy about.
IMG_7250.jpeg

We skipped dessert knowing we have all those various treats that we brought home.

Final Thoughts
This was another great trip. We love Disney; it’s our happy place.

The timeshare works well for us, giving us the space to spread out and feel more like a little condo than a hotel room.

Having annual passes with photopass is great. We enjoy the flexibility it provides and those magic shots are so precious.

Driving to Florida works for us, especially when we wanted to detour and look at some locations. It puts us in control.

I am glad we started taking longer trips; I remember when we used to be park commandos from open to close. Now we try to enjoy what we’re doing more without rushing.

If you have any questions please ask, I love talking about Disney

Real Life Update
A week after we returned, Saturday 3/23/24 night, Scott took me to the emergency room in pain. It felt like a vise was gripping my ribs and stomach. I needed emergency surgery to remove my gallbladder. I was admitted, the surgery took place Sunday 3/24/24, and I was sent home that evening. Recovery has been difficult since normal things you take for granted I couldn’t do for myself. Scott has been doing everything for me. The hospital, Pascack Valley, on Old Hook Road in Westwood, NJ, and the doctors that cared for me, were fantastic. I was promptly cared for, everyone I dealt with was caring and professional. I’m very glad this happened after we were home.

I’m almost back to normal and appreciate all those things I couldn’t do that I can again.

I enjoyed your trip report. I can't get going anywhere without at least one cup of coffee. Then we stop for a fast food breakfast later and I get another cup. For us the long road is across Wisconsin, but when we hit Minnesota we only have about half an hour to go.

I had my gall bladder removed about a year ago. I first thought it was acid reflux. I didn't have a lot of pain, but I kept throwing up. My mom thought she was having a heart attack when she had hers out. I was glad to get it out and luckily I had a pretty easy recovery. I will read your dining report and I look forward to your next trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter