Trip report with disabled dd

tigger2on

<font color=6699CC>I can't believe I read this WHO
I'll make this quick and easy!

Flew JeysGo from Toronto to Sanford and book a minivan. Got a Grand Caravan and was impressed by amount of room we had. The thing is huge and fit 4 adults, one child and a toddler in a carseat! Renyted from Alamo.
Trip from Sanford was relatively simple. Took 417 to I4 and cost only 50 cents instead of doing 417 all the way to Disney. Took us about 35 minutes to get from Sanford to WDW.
Stayed at 2 resorts... CBR in a HA room and BWV 1-bedroom standard. CBR room was big with king bed and roll in shower. Problems... no storage for wheelchair or luggage as extended bathroom cancels out closet area. Also had a rollaway in the room which took up a lot of walking area.
Pluses.... very close to quiet pool and parking lot with no noise!:tongue:
BWV.... LOVED IT! We had loads of rom and storage area. Standard view was great looking onto the river near the bridge. We could see Mexico and the Eiffel tower from our second storey room. Main pool was nicely themed and relatively quiet considering how hot it was. Used Quiet pool everyday. Due to noise we wanted to be as faraway from the elevators as possible so we were given room 2119. Since Ry is still quite light we were able to carry her down the stairs near our room to the quiet pool instead of walking all the way to elevator and then all the way back to quiet pool. Otherwise it would have been a pain and we would have just used main pool.
My new husband can not swim but loved the polls at WDW because the are no more that 5 feet and a couple of inches deep. I guess this is for insurance reasons but it is great when you have a completely dependent child. Talk about bouyant!!!
Having the Boardwalk there is also great for short strolls in the evening before bed and the Meatball sandwich from the pizza window is to die for!!!
Had a GAC so though busy at the parks.... we did ok. Peter Pan and Buzz Light Year rides were crazy even with fast pass so we skipped them!
Ate at Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's, O'Hana's, 1900 Park Fare, 50's Prime Time Cafe, and Boma.

What I learned from this trip.......
Do not go to WDW after 2nd week in Mat .... too hot!
Always have a car... so much easier with a disabled child for quick escapes and uncrowded buses!
Should have investigated DVC resorts sooner.

*** Renting points from DVC rent/ trade forum is a great deal and the people are great... just like here!***

Thanks for the positive report, it's always so nice to hear before our trip with DS. Let's just call him challenging.

Thank you for sharing your trip report with us. Glad to read you & your family enjoyed your trip despite the heat. I was there last week, & it was hotter than usual towardthe end of the week.

Glad to hear you had a great time.
I don't think the CBR regular rooms have a closet either - I remember a trunk you could set your suitcase on and a small hanging area next to the sink. But, the extended bathroom does make the rest of the room smaller.
Watch out for "DVC fever" - once you've caught it, you need to buy points!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter