Tropical Palms

Dizzy-Disney4

<font color=teal>Just happy to be here.
I know I recall seeing something about this resort, but I can't seem to find it by going back through the pages (I sure miss that search function)...Anyways, we're thinking of staying here next year in one of their two bedroom fun suites. It will be six of us, DH, DD,DS, my parents, and myself. Anything you can tell me, good or bad, I'd love to hear...sorry if its a repeat.

In a word? AWESOME !!!! Would stay there again in a heartbeat - we were there Sept. 9th thru the 23rd..

Very clean - very nice staff - lovely grounds - great pools (one is for kiddies) - great food (breakfast & lunch at poolside cafe - large portions) for very reasonable prices - 5 to 10 minutes (tops!) drive to the parks - Old Town next door (really neat shops and amusement park rides) - VERY quiet and secluded.. Could just go on and on..

If you want specifics, fire away! I'd be more than happy to answer your questions..

Just one little hitch though - can I go with you????? :)

Thanks so much...we loved staying on site, but without the early entry and the fact that their will be six of us this time, off site seemed to be the best way to go. I remembered seeing someone (could have been you) post about it and I visited their web site and it looks great. I like that it has a deck and is fairly secluded because I figure my Dad, who is on oxygen and tires easily, would probably skip the parks on some days to rest and this seemed like a nice place for him to do it. I guess I'll call and make the reservation...even though we have plenty of time. Next year seems so far away. By the way, sure you can come...but we're driving...6 of us in my minivan. We may not survive the trip down and I may end up riding on the luggage rack.

Ha! I just purchased a mini-van and if I wasn't still afraid of driving it I would FOLLOW you down.. :)

If your dad is on oxygen this would be PERFECT for him.. Plenty of room to relax inside and watch t.v. (the a/c is awesome as well) - has all full-size kitchen appliances (including a microwave if he wants to make a snack) - and there's a beautiful deck for him to sit outside if he so chooses.. There is also a small store on-site (if he's able to walk over there) and as I said, the food at the pool is quite good..

I hope you have a super time! I'm hoping to return myself either in December of this year or January of next year and will definitely return to Tropical Palms if my husband is able to go as he is quite ill and I want him to be able to relax if he's not up to going out with us..

Can someone describe the sleeping arrangements here? We have four kids and the two older boys wont sleep (happily anyway) in the same bed. What kind of beds. And is there someone who has a website that they can post with pictures of this place...I have seen it advertised and it has always intrigued me but I would need to see more pictures.

Thanks.

I have a couple questions for C. Ann or anyone else who's stayed there. I will be going with my 4 kids (ages 2, 5, 5, and 14) and my mom (dh can't get off work). Currently I have the studio reserved for $59 per nite to save $$ and privacy really isn't an issue. From the floor plan pictures, it looks like it has as much space and sleeping room as the 2 bdr. for $79/nite. Problem is, my mom snores LOUDLY and now I'm wondering if it might be worth the extra $20/nite to put her behind a closed door, lol! Also it would be nice to have a closed room to put the 2 yr old down for a nap. But again from the floor plan, it doesn't look like the 2 bdr. has any dressers in the bedrooms, just closets. And does the studio have a full sized stove and fridge (like the 2 bdr.?) or a mini-fridge? Anyone have any ideas on this?

Thanks!

Sue

Okay - imagine a long rectangle.. (This is the 2 bedroom cottage..) When you walk up on the deck (which has patio chairs and a picnic table) you are going to be entering the cottage through french doors right in the center.. You will then be standing in the living/kitchen area.. Right in front of you will be a nice couch that opens up to a full size sofa bed.. To the right of that will be a bedroom with a queen size bed.. (You step down 2 little steps..) The reason they don't appear to have dressers is because the closet (with sliding mirror doors) has either 4 or six drawers beneath it.. (Can't remember which..) This applies to both bedrooms - plenty of space for clothing and the closet is a good size.. There is also a nightstand and digital alarm clock in each bedroom.. Okay - now back out to the living/kitchen area.. Also to the right of you there is a ladder that goes up to the sleeping loft - which is a full size mattress on the floor.. Now WAIT - that sounds yucky but it's not!! It's on a carpeted floor and these cottages are SQUEAKY clean! There is also a little cubby space up there (with doors on it) if you wanted to store your luggage in there.. Personally I would not put the 2 yr. old (obviously) or the 5 yr. olds up there just in case they became disoriented during the night as the ladder is fairly steep.. Now - to the left of you is a round dining table with 4 chairs - and all of your kitchen appliances and sink.. The appliances are all full-size (fridge and stove) and also include a dishwasher, microwave, and coffeemaker.. Walk through the kitchen and straight ahead is the bathroom with a tub, shower, toilet, medicine cabinet, and small vanity.. Just before you enter the bathroom there is a bedroom on the right - same as the other one except this is a double bed and there is also another entrance to the bathroom from in there..

Just my personal opinion, but with 4 children and 2 adults I would go for the extra $20 so you won't feel cramped and you can have the privacy of closing the bedroom doors..

We honestly LOVED it there and it was great to come back from a long day at the parks and feel like you were "home" instead of being cramped in a hotel room or little 2 bedroom suite..

If anyone has any other questions, feel free to ask.. I'm beginning to think I should get a job in PR for the Tropical Palms because I'm constantly ranting and raving and telling folks how great it is there - ha! :)

Please don't hestitate if you have more questions - more than happy to help..

I know I've read some of your past posts re: TP resort and that's what convinced me in the first place! They really should at least give you a commission! I'm so excited to see the place!

Sue

we're going for 6 nights in april. we chose this place for the full kitchen and cottage atmosphere.

i've a couple of questions:

1. Do they include ANY soaps in the kitchen ie. dish soap or dishwasher soap?

2. Did you use the laundry while there? Was it ok?

3. Was it a full size refridgerator or a little hotel size one?

Any other tidbits would be appreciated.

Thanks! 26 days & who's counting!

Just a couple of quick questions. Would two middle aged adults enjoy staying here? And how far away exactly is this from the MK and then say from EPCOT? From your decriptions this place sounds great. Thanks!

Will do my best to answer any questions for all of you.. Would like to ask a favor though.. Promise you'll get back to me AFTER you've been there and let me know what you thought - okay? :)

Here goes...

If I remember correctly there WAS dish liquid and dishwasher detergent there when we arrived but I'm not 100% sure because believe it or not, my SON-IN-LAW did the dishes the whole time we were there! :)

I do remember that there was a complimentary packet of coffee and some sugar packets when we arrived..

We used the laundry facilities and they were great! Nice and clean and a lovely area with wicker furniture and thick cushions if you wanted to sit and wait.. My son-in-law and I got such a kick out of the change machine.. There was a sign on it that said something along the lines of "This machine is NOT broke. When you insert your $5 bill you will recieve $5 and 25 cents in return.." Told my son-in-law I was going to take my thousand dollars in spending money, go to the bank and get it all in fives, come back and pump then into that machine because the machine was paying better interest than the stock market - ha! :)

ALL appliances are full-size.. Refrigerator (with freezer), stove (with oven), microwave, dishwasher, and a full-size coffeemaker..

Can't give you exact distances but I can tell you that no matter where we went - MK, Epcot, AK, or MGM it never took us more than 10 minutes - and there were NO problems with traffic at all..

May I ask if the two "middle-aged adults" are a couple? If so, you could go with the less expensive studio and still have LOADS of room.. It's just that the cottage would be one long rectangle building as opposed to having 2 seperate bedrooms.. I believe the studio still has the upper loft though..

Anymore questions? I'm thrilled to answer for you because I REALLY loved this place! Let me know if there's ANYTHING else you can think of - okay?

thanks so much! does the son-in-law come included with the dish soap? (in about 15-20 years or so... i have little DD's, age 8 and 11. LOL)

i'll definitely let you and the dis-er's know about my trip. i've gotten so many ideas and tips and plain old good planning information. i owe a report and reviews.

thanks again!

C. Ann I think you should get a 20% discount the next time you go back. When we were thinking of going there last year you answered my questions. We had a great time. We have two teenagers and the extra space was great. My 13 year old used the loft, my 16 year old used the second bedroom. Dh and I had the first bedroom. I loved having a deck outside. We were right next to the basketball courts. My younger son played basketball and skateboarded with some kids he met there. There is also a little cafe right off of the pool. Last year they had a breakfast for $2.99. At that price we ate there instead of cooking it ourselves. Its definately more relaxing than going to a hotel.

and I thought I'd share them here for those of you who are interested. We're going to be staying there for 10 nites in May. They said they supply "starter packs" of dish soap and dishwasher detergent, but if you'll be there more than a day or so you'll need more of your own. They supply all the linens and towels, bar soap for the bathroom, and coffee filters. You'll need to bring your own coffee, shampoo/conditioner, paper towels. There is no ice maker in the freezer, just ice cube trays. I forgot to ask if there is an ice machine for guests like hotels have--anyone know? No grill, but she said you're welcome to bring your own. No tv's in the bedrooms, just the one in the living room. I'm getting really excited to stay here and my kids love to look at the colorful brochure they sent me. My 23 month old son points to the pictures of the pools and playground and says "GO THERE!" LOL!

Sue

I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Tropical Palms! I'm always just a tad worried that those who decide to stay there based on my opinion may not be as pleased as I was because everyones expectations are different..

Aside from what I have posted already about the TP, I feel very strongly about the entire "atmosphere" of this place as opposed to a hotel.. Personally, I have never felt comfortable (nor safe) in a hotel.. I always feel "cramped" and for lack of a better description, like I have checked into an "institution" or something.. I've stayed in very nice hotels and I've stayed in budget hotels and I've just never been able to shake that feeling.. While staying at TP I actually felt like I was going "home" after a long day in the parks and to me that was just heaven.. :) My granddaughter had loads of room to play - both indoors and out - my DD could go to bed early if she chose to (which she did every single night) - and my son-in-law and I were able to sit outside on the deck , drink coffee, and have long conversations till the wee hours of the morning.. Quite frankly, if the 4 of us had been in a hotel room (or suite)together for 2 weeks we probably would have left Florida not even speaking to each other - ha!

For anyone looking for accomodations where they can really spread out and relax - or for those who are looking for more of a "home" type atmosphere, TP is definitely the way to go..

I'll be anxious to hear how everyone else enjoys their stay at the TP so don't forget to "come back" and let me know - okay?

And again, if anyone has more questions please feel free to ask.. I know how unsettling it can be to shell out money for accomodations and not know what you're going to receive in return..

Hope you all have a wonderful time!! :)
C.Ann

I agree C.Ann. It was great to come home at the end of the day. I'd usually unwind by taking a short walk & sitting out on our deck for a few minutes. The staff was very courteous and helpful. We switched from a large studio to a 2bdr at the last minute. They were very accommodating. In our posts from back then (I think it was last Sept) I discovered that the walls were the only difference between the large studio and the 2bdr. At the time dh wanted me to reserve the cheaper one. Once we got there it was a different story. He changed his mind! LOL! We were thankful for the walls once we got there. It keeps our two teens from fussin' at each other & I was able to go to bed while dh and our sons stayed up to watch late night TV. I'll say it again, I think you should get a discount!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter