Trouble booking Sci Fi Dine In

Disney Kidd

Mouseketeer
I am booking ADRs for my Nov trip and cant get anything for sci fi! We are a party of 5 and are willing to do lunch or dinner. Any tips? We have booked Primetime as a backup

I had no idea it was a difficult reservation to get until we tried for our (obviously cancelled) April trip this year. I also tried for our rescheduled August trip with no luck. I did not try exactly when the booking window opened, as I didn't expect it to be difficult.

It is a surprisingly hard reservation to get in normal times, but it's going to be even harder than usual because in November MK, HS, and AK aren't booking reservations past 6:00 or 6:15ish. Something strange is going on, which no one can figure out yet. Anyway, with all the evening reservations unavailable, it will be even harder than usual.

We were able to get it for a party of 10 for a very early lunch, but I booked precisely at 6:10am, 180+ 5 days out.

I would suggest watching for the November calendar to be published (it's currently not published), which should trigger evening reservations, unless Disney has some unusual plan we don't see coming.

Just for the fun of it, try searching for 6 instead of 5. For some strange reason, the reservation system *sometimes* seems to disapprove of odd-numbered parties.

Two possibilities are: 1) Sci Fi sometimes opens reservations late, so I'd keep checking and/ or 2) because of the confusion of social distancing and how the restaurant is set up, the either may be taking less reservations or not have a plan for how to configure seating. It's not a typical restaurant with tables (though there are some tables) that can be easily re-arranged.

SciFi can be a difficult ADR to get, especially if its early in your trip.
Agree with using Touring plan Reservation finder. It will let you know about an available ADR close to what you are looking for. It also lets everyone else who is looking know about the same ADR. They can disappear quickly.
Has helped us multiple times.

SciFi is always the first ADR I try for at 180 days as its my family’s favorite, but I couldn’t get it either day for lunch (for 3) for our mid-October trip. I’ve never had trouble before at 180 days.

I’m wondering if they have issues going on trying to social distance in the restaurant. Has anyone actually gotten an ADR there recently? Especially for a party bigger than 2?

thanks!

I was able to book SciFi yesterday for my November vacation. It was the first one I tried for and it was 180+5 for a party of 4.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter