*Truck and Towing thread........ask your questions here.*

bumblebee1.axd.jpg

Hoping that this will be our next tow vehicle. Will be working with the dealership to try and come to an agreement. It is a 2012, and if everything worked out right, we could have it for GSP. Fingers crossed and some pixie dust just for added measure.

11.6 isn't bad at all! My 6.4 F450 got 6.3 mpg it grossed out at 31k, all 4 of us, 1 dog, 2 tanks of diesel (140 gals), 48 volt golf cart, and my basement full of stuff on the CAT scale. I' ready to see how this Duramax handles it. All my buddies have them and swears by them, so I'm thinking either it' a good truck or they haven't drove a real truck yet haha! Trying to make up my mind if I'm gonna use the Chevy or Peterbilt to go to GSP in May, it depends on how much trouble Tiggerdad and I can get into...:rolleyes1

May need that Peterbilt to pull the back wall down on the jail to get us out. Afraid that Chevy can't handle it.

n-14.gif

Automatic isn' bad, it will be easier to drive in traffic, I can see all the guys now riding up and down the strip in a yellow Volvo and blue Peterbilt, we'll revert back to our high school days.

Yes, it is an automatic. The wife wants to learn to drive while towing, and well we owned a manual transmission car once :rolleyes:........and I drove everywhere. :rolleyes1

I admit I LOL'd. :teeth:

Heck with my little popup I had a HECK of a time trying keep up with all the F250/2500, F350/3500, and F450/gazillion in this thread so I'm just gonna bring a beer and listen to you guys speak in Portuguese/truck-ese at Gulf.

Bama Ed

PS - good luck with the negotiations, Chris.

I admit I LOL'd. :teeth:

Heck with my little popup I had a HECK of a time trying keep up with all the F250/2500, F350/3500, and F450/gazillion in this thread so I'm just gonna bring a beer and listen to you guys speak in Portuguese/truck-ese at Gulf.

Bama Ed

PS - good luck with the negotiations, Chris.

Thank you Bama Ed, and I believe the A liner will fit on the back over the tandems.

Funny, I have a F-250 and 9000# 35 foot bumper pull trailer...

...and it's the 2nd smallest setup we got lined up this year at GSP.

Ed, I may be sitting with you.

I do have to warn passengers, especially 1st time riders, to put their head back. Better to have your head on the rest than have it slammed into it.

People at work don't believe a Focus can be quick, then I show them this video of an RS (not mine) taking on a Camaro SS. From a dig, this is one of the fastest 0-40 cars I've ever had. Forward to about the 12 second point for the launch.

Now back to the topic at hand.

Chris- Good luck on the Volvo. What kind of price are those going for? My F350 is paid for. My thought is when it is time to replace it, I may go the Class A route, but I've long looked at these MDT trucks as a cost effective alternative to a $70,000 new F350.

j

Screenshot_20180406-174038_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20180406-174048_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20180406-174048_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20180406-174056_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20180406-174104_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20180406-174013_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20180406-174117_Gallery.jpg

We had the Bandit Race Series come to the local track two weeks ago, had a small truck show as well. Very cool to see the big rigs running around a half mile track at 90 mph.

PS. My truck is the 3rd from the end in the next to last pic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter