*Truck and Towing thread........ask your questions here.*

Hi y'all, question. My golf cart is just a few inches over the length of the bed of my truck. To haul it with me to the Fort I'd have to take the tailgate off. I've read online some folks use plywood (obviously the full size of the bed plus whatever extra couple of inches you need). Anyone on here one of those people and if so, have any pictures of how you rigged it? Thanks!

Totally random question for this thread- but it seemed like the most appropriate place.

Has anyone ever bought their camper at an auction place like Copart?

Totally random question for this thread- but it seemed like the most appropriate place.

Has anyone ever bought their camper at an auction place like Copart?
I haven't actually bought from an auction site, but I have looked into some of them. Like any other auction, there won't be a "dealer" to check out the camper and address issues before the sale. That means all of the inspection and "fixing" is dependent on you. If you have good mechanical skills, campers are pretty basic, but having a thorough inspection (knowing what to look for) is probably best left to people that know what to look for. You don't always have the option for a thorough inspection for auction items.

If you are comfortable inspecting on your own, there are some good deals to be had, especially on bigger MH that get repossessed.

j

I haven't actually bought from an auction site, but I have looked into some of them. Like any other auction, there won't be a "dealer" to check out the camper and address issues before the sale. That means all of the inspection and "fixing" is dependent on you. If you have good mechanical skills, campers are pretty basic, but having a thorough inspection (knowing what to look for) is probably best left to people that know what to look for. You don't always have the option for a thorough inspection for auction items.

If you are comfortable inspecting on your own, there are some good deals to be had, especially on bigger MH that get repossessed.

j

That's along the lines of what I was thinking. After we repaired so much on the popup, we are not terribly scared away from minor repairs, and now we know what to better look for.

And anymore on a new unit there is only a one year warranty from the manufacturer. So for all the money, you still don't get a lot.

Yep, appears the canopy was out again.

I'm seeing a pattern here.

Got you covered.

F-250 6.7 diesel pulling my TT that is 35' and weighs about 9,000#. I get between 9-10.2 towing. I've found about 72 mph seems to be the sweetspot when towing on the interstate. Any less or more and the mpg drops down. When not towing, I get about 17.3 mpg so it roughly cut it in half.

So I am way behind on this (and many other) thread(s).

I am currently getting around 17.3 MPG (City/Highway combined). I am hopping to get at least 10 MPG towing. That would make the purchase absolutely worth it. Even now, though, since this truck is also my daily driver, I am happy getting the 17.3 as my F250 Gas was only about 11.3 MPG. So the increase in cost of Diesel versus Gas is definitely worth it too.

So we had a bit of change in our camping home. We purchased a new trailer. The wife and I went to look at some new trailers to replace our now old unit. We found a trailer we really liked. The DW and I spoke about the trailer on the way back to the campground. There were a few Grand Design owners at the CG. I spoke with them. All said great things about the trailer and the dealer. I called the sales rep back up said we want to another look at the trailer with some power so we can get a better idea and then spoke about numbers. The numbers came in with our trade and the numbers were on point. So we bought it.

2018 Grand Design Reflection 285BHS 35.5 feet long 9500# wet. Hitched to my 2016 F350 CCSB XLT 6.2 Gasser 4x4 with 3.73s using a Blue Ox Sway Pro WDH.

...and then we get this from the DD today, So when are we going to the Fort? Oh boy...

S1JOdTYzfK30lX6rb02suaRbOsqYSoIiaTKVti1DKtZvNiYPoueRK0ghUo9CTQLNuhEWBRbzeRiUeTLfKFx4Pc_RQ25dJBk-X0ovCTsWFapvvgSAefWEdVhZOgLdjczNABZdFproikf25PlkXUBmiu5KeQm__ahl5sjoZrhHc2OswjBBYZQe23TO_7SMp8KYUVbKCIyCUuBD_Sn1TLg__wf5gr_RDXj3GlROb_2l9PVMKVfQSWYJGHLvfwp-v_YLB6nDDmsf6hvE8xi73jT5iyk-5fMF1MJIPmY5ni3r069pKB8KMaB7xf83dzim9RGHyU56dhmUDsNyA5mmmI4F0zQTY7gXygKmqR3G7GlUGUp99wPPOWhWLsrAQsBQH8wLej0LzIfuGMsXDaC2CT7eDDg1p59L8BOExuxxhA7bIya_ba67ZHvqGhSOpu2Blb56fvF5sBQZPta-7TfaIVRXHEpxoESrAeg0o0jsNQYcRJzyIS8IhZX2VJEOmWdclZ27TA7DtCQ_v6_wluCL6-KUJ2waBkqDmrV7LKgX_Ekc4uugUgk_l-6lTBY3wBLam4sYZAxh7BB1HWy59hj-5RhtgLw6A0pYWDESociD4QM=w958-h719-no

Congrats!

I've been impressed with the Grand Design trailers. I would probably have a Solitude if my dealer had a mid-bunk when we were looking.

j

So we had a bit of change in our camping home. We purchased a new trailer. The wife and I went to look at some new trailers to replace our now old unit. We found a trailer we really liked. The DW and I spoke about the trailer on the way back to the campground. There were a few Grand Design owners at the CG. I spoke with them. All said great things about the trailer and the dealer. I called the sales rep back up said we want to another look at the trailer with some power so we can get a better idea and then spoke about numbers. The numbers came in with our trade and the numbers were on point. So we bought it.

2018 Grand Design Reflection 285BHS 35.5 feet long 9500# wet. Hitched to my 2016 F350 CCSB XLT 6.2 Gasser 4x4 with 3.73s using a Blue Ox Sway Pro WDH.

...and then we get this from the DD today, So when are we going to the Fort? Oh boy...

S1JOdTYzfK30lX6rb02suaRbOsqYSoIiaTKVti1DKtZvNiYPoueRK0ghUo9CTQLNuhEWBRbzeRiUeTLfKFx4Pc_RQ25dJBk-X0ovCTsWFapvvgSAefWEdVhZOgLdjczNABZdFproikf25PlkXUBmiu5KeQm__ahl5sjoZrhHc2OswjBBYZQe23TO_7SMp8KYUVbKCIyCUuBD_Sn1TLg__wf5gr_RDXj3GlROb_2l9PVMKVfQSWYJGHLvfwp-v_YLB6nDDmsf6hvE8xi73jT5iyk-5fMF1MJIPmY5ni3r069pKB8KMaB7xf83dzim9RGHyU56dhmUDsNyA5mmmI4F0zQTY7gXygKmqR3G7GlUGUp99wPPOWhWLsrAQsBQH8wLej0LzIfuGMsXDaC2CT7eDDg1p59L8BOExuxxhA7bIya_ba67ZHvqGhSOpu2Blb56fvF5sBQZPta-7TfaIVRXHEpxoESrAeg0o0jsNQYcRJzyIS8IhZX2VJEOmWdclZ27TA7DtCQ_v6_wluCL6-KUJ2waBkqDmrV7LKgX_Ekc4uugUgk_l-6lTBY3wBLam4sYZAxh7BB1HWy59hj-5RhtgLw6A0pYWDESociD4QM=w958-h719-no

Congratulations on the new trailer. :thumbsup2 Wish we were planning a trip to the Fort. :sad:

Thanks guys! We are not currently planning a trip to the Fort. The DW and I spoke about it briefly there is nothing on the radar for awhile as expected. I did tell the wife I would consider a long trip somewhere else since the truck and the trailer tow well together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!