Trump visit on December 7th

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re flying into MCO on December 7 and arriving late morning. Does anyone know how far in advance they will shut down the airport? Another question, would the airlines let you change your flight due to this? Maybe leave the day before?

He may not land at MCO at all. Or if he does he may land on the runway far away from the terminals, and transfer to Marine one to drop in at the GF. It’s not clear they will be shutting down the airport at all.

He may not land at MCO at all. Or if he does he may land on the runway far away from the terminals, and transfer to Marine one to drop in at the GF. It’s not clear they will be shutting down the airport at all.

I haven’t been to an airport where they didn’t stop all taxi and air traffic while the POTUS or VP was arriving or departing. No matter where the jet was landing they did a full stop.

A full ground stop will be ordered no matter where he is at the airport.

If it's worth anything I literally forgot the VP was filing the paperwork for POTUS to be on the NH primary ballot...until I got the "roads closed" alert on my phone. Even though they had been telling us on a daily basis that he was going to be filing the paperwork...and I work in the state capitol a couple days a week. 🤦‍♀️

That's the greater risk, going on "vacation" mode and not paying attention to the local news alerts about traffic/road closures.

if anyone wants some more information. From my local newspaper today.....

The President also has a fundraiser that same day in the afternoon in Hollywood, FL then off to Orlando after that.

Will probably fly from DC to Fort Lauderdale then to Orlando.

So the odds of MCO being hectic that saturday afternoon are very very possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter