trying to decide

inlovewithmickey

Earning My Ears
I'm hoping someone can help me with a decision. We really really really want to spend Halloween '04 in WDW with a friend and her daughter. We will be travelling with 3 adults and 2 kids (ages 4 and 5 by then). With a couple of grad students in the mix, $$ is tight, and we've thought about tent camping at Ft.W. The last time I stayed there was in 1978, I was 7, and we were in an RV. My hubby and I are fairly new to tent camping together, but we always have a ball. I'm just a little apprehensive about staying a week at WDW in a tent. Could anyone tell me your experiences, pros and cons, suggestions? Also, will Ft.W allow two tents on a site, or do we need to work ourselves into one? Thanks!

Hi there! I tent camped in Fort Wilderness for 10 days back in Nov 01. My husband and I had a blast! It rained on and off for most of the trip and that still did't "dampen" our spirits ;) (sorry couldn't resist) We weren't experienced tent campers and we had no problems. In fact we are doing it again this Nov and it will be the first time tent camping with our 2 1/2 yo daughter. I am pretty sure that Fort Wilderness will allow more than 1 tent on a site. I think the max is 10 people on a site though. My suggestions for you if you do decide to tent camp... practice setting up your tent at home and weatherproof it well. The only thing I am doing different this time is bringing an awning so I can cook and eat at the site even if it rains. Feel free to ask any questions!!

Barb

We stayed in our tent for 11 nights last October and loved it. It was DH, DDs 4 and 2. We had camped for 2 or 3 nights at a time before and I was a little apprehensive about 11 nights but it was great. I also think that you are allowed more than one tent but a max of 10 people. We loved loop 1500- close to the Meadows Pool!

Thank you so much for the information. I really appreciate your help. I think we may just do it. Now...to convince my husband...lol. Thanks again!

I have tent camped at Disney twice already and will be doing it again next week. Ask for the 1500 loop for tent camping. It is small and near a lot of things.

We've never done it, but I would recommend buying a screen room to put the picnic table in. This is good for sun, rain and bugs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter