Trying to plan our one full Disney day

Amyshubby

Favorite Hidden Mickey! Birthmark on my son's arm!
First of all, I know they are doing the best they can with ROTR and the way they do boarding groups but it can really be a major stress inducer for those of us that plan things out ahead of time!

Here is our situation (feel free to make suggestions)- we have been to Disney about 5 times in the past 10 years so we are not novices. This time around (second year in a row) it's just DW and I. We are just flying in for a quick "recharge our batteries" extended weekend getaway Saturday night through Tuesday. We only have one day left on our 10 day no expiration pass (I miss being able to buy those) so we are doing a full day Sunday, followed by paying for Magic Kingdom After Hours Monday night.

The plan was originally to just rope drop AK for Pandora and Dinosaur, then head over to Epcot for the rest of the day. We have FP lined up starting at about 1pm for Spaceship Earth, Nemo, then a later one (about 5pm) for Frozen. The plan was to walk around Epcot for most of the day and enjoy the festival.

We were originally going to avoid ROTR based on the BG situation we were seeing at the beginning of the month. However, after the first few day of them running out in a minute or two the situation got better and we decided to make a go of it (I know the last two days have been much worse again).

As of now the plan is to get up at get there at 6am (we are offsite and driving a rental to the park) so we are ahead of most of the people in line for SDD.

The main problem (besides the fact that it's a nighttime EMH day and we would normally avoid that park) is trying to plan when you don't know your BG.

We are going to rope drop SDD then:

If we have a low number that hasn't been called do TSM. If we still haven't been called but are close to our number we will wait on line for MFSM.

If we have a higher number that probably wont be called until much later (or the ride is down), we will leave the park after SDD and, depending on the time, either do Pandora then go to Epcot, or just head straight to Epcot. We will drive to Epcot, then when it gets close to our BG we will take the Skyliner back to HS, ride ROTR, then Skyline back.

We will ask a CM to move around our later fastpass if we have to, but once it gets to about 6pm, I think we will just skip HS and stay in Epcot because we like walking around the countries together at night and want to see the Broadway singers.

As someone who usually plans every minute of the trip I don't love not knowing how this is going to play out. Luckily, it's just a married couple whose main goal is to spend quality time together so we will just roll with whatever happens. I think our best case scenario is we get a low BG, the ride is down for the day and they give us an admission for the next day (when we don't have daytime admission) and we spend Sunday between AK and Epcot, then Monday at HS before heading to MK at night! 🙂

Sounds like you are being flexible and have multiple plans/options. That’s the best you can do with the way things are right now. Sounds like you’re going to have a great time no matter what. Just knowing you have to be flexible and have an alternative plan puts you ahead of many wdw visitors! Have fun :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter