Trying to squeeze in a day at WDW!

drgnfly30

<font color=deeppink>Take my advice, never pay ful
OK - here's the deal! I found out that I'm going on a business trip to Tampa within the month... It's common to fly me in Sunday so I can be at the office early Monday morning... I MIGHT be able to get them to schedule me for Saturday arrival instead if I agree to pay for the first day's expenses myself...I was thinking about driving from Tampa to WDW on Sat. - get a night at the Contemporary (to get the most out of my park time) , leave for Tampa Sunday evening checking into the hotel like I would have normally ... How far of a drive is it to WDW from Tampa's airport?? Do you think I could pull it off?? Oooh my family would be SO jealous! That'd make 3x this year for me!
Christine

HIFS 10/02
POR 11/01

drgnfly30,

It's about an hour's drive from WDW to the Tampa airport. I think you should go for it! I have done Disney in a day before and it was a lot of fun. I especially like to see special events at EPCOT-- Often times, my objective is to see a particular show (like the Flower and Garden show/Flower Power concerts). I add a couple of my all time favorite rides in and then I just enjoy myself--with only planning a couple of highlights, anything else I can fit in is frosting on the cake... At EPCOT, you can take advantage of the single rider line at Test Track which was kind of neat--or would your focus mainly be on the MK?
Anyway, I think you are going to have a great time!
-DC

An hours drive is nothing & from what it looks like it is a straight shot on I-4!

I was hoping to do a bit of both Epcot & MK... Last year while DH took the kids to Blizzard Beach I went to MK alone, I really enjoyed just walking around & taking in the magic.. also going to some of the thrill-less attractions that bore my kids to tears!! I'm also a big window shopper (love looking for Tink souveniers!) & I love taking photographs; it kills my DH when I take my sweet time finding the perfect shot...

Unfortunately since it looks like I'll be going in August all of the codes have expired for CR... but the good news is my B-day is on 8/15 so if this works out it'll be just the getaway I've been needing lately! A bonus b-day present to myself!!

Thanks!
Christine

?CR 8/02?
HIFS 10/02
POR 11/01

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter