TS meals to go?

camdensmom

DIS Veteran
We have decided to try the dining plan. Our only reservation (no pun intended) is that we are traveling with our 8 month old and aren't quite sure how the PS and TS meals are going to play out for us. Our PS times are scattered and I'm sure his nap/eating schedule will not be in effect while we are away.

We are renting a car for the duration of our stay. We'll be spending 6 days at CSR and then another 3 at www.islandone.com condos. I don't want to waste the TS credits so I was wondering if the whole sitting in a restaurant at a scheduled time for a longer period of time wasn't working out for us could we order food to go from these places and eat in the room. Also thinking that if we didn't use all our credits on the last day we could get take-out to reheat at the condo while are there.

Thanks in advance.

I know Capt. Jack's won't take reservations. Are there other restaurants that are easy enough to get into without a PS?

don't know where you are staying, but we had no trouble getting into the less-popular resort restaurants (i.e. boatwrights at POR and shutters at CBR) last minute...

as far as to-go meals... it doesn't hurt to ask, but it would not surprise me if they said "no." perhaps call the ADR line and ask for the individual restaurant's phone numbers and call the restaurant and ask them directly... i would not rely on the cm that answers the 1-800 or wdw-dine numbers...

Thanks for the replies so far.

2Princesses: We are staying at Liki Tiki. I've stayed at Orbit One before. They are a great value and very convienant to all the parks.

camdensmom said:
Thanks for the replies so far.

2Princesses: We are staying at Liki Tiki. I've stayed at Orbit One before. They are a great value and very convienant to all the parks.

Thanks! we'll be at orbit one in Nov. and I was a little nervous.

I would imagine takeout at a buffet would not be possible however at a sit down order off the menu place it should be. If they tell you no, request a table, order your meal and when it arrives order a to go box. And then go.

I don't know about the whole meal, but Kona did let us get dessert to go. Server suggested it as she could tell we couldn't possibly eat another bite. If you can make it through most of dinner with your little one, maybe you can get your dessert to take back to your room for an early escape.

On our last Disney trip, our youngest was 9 months and NOT an "easy" baby. However, we had no problem at our TS dinners. If she was tired/asleep we let her sleep in her stroller at the table. But she was usually so distracted by all the restaurant activities that she made it through just fine. Even when she got a wee bit fussy, there was enough noise that we didn't disturb others, and CM are very helpful with bringing crackers or distractions. Of course, if she had gotten loud we would have just had Daddy take her outside while Mom waited for the meals to be boxed up. BTW, our TS meals that I remember were Ohanas, Chef Mickeys, and Whispering Canyon. Our trip with an infant was much easier than I thought it would be. Best luck to you.

So some places do have to-go boxes?...we are on the dining plan but don't see eating an appetizer, entree, and dessert all in one siting and would prob take the dessert(if non melting of course) with us

We have also taken dessert to go, but never a whole meal. We only took something with us if we were headed directly back to our resort. We did not want to be carrying a "To Go" package in the parks with us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter