Tsunami Advisory for Orange County Coastal Areas, CA

I just heard that there was a tsunami advisory for California. I also heard it was the lowest level of tsunami alert so I don't think the threat is big but probably best to stay away from the ocean if possible. Hawaii on the other hand, is on the highest level of tsunami alert so hopefully everything is okay over there.

My DM would love to go see if any big waves come in. She loves to do that. Maybe I should tell her to go ahead and go. Every time big waves are supposed to hit our local beaches, she and my Dsis go to look and what do you know, no big waves. We call them the "Big Wave Killers"

Weather here today really isn't great for wave watching. DD10's Softball Grand Opening was canceled today due to big storm here this a.m. (especially possible thunder and lightning)

But seriously, hope no one takes any unnecessary risks. Be careful Hawaii.

CNN is saying the tsunami (if any) will hit Hawaii at 11:05am their time. That's 1:05pm Pacific time. Hoping for the best for them and all of the Pacific Islanders. Oz and NZ must be on alert as well.

My DM would love to go see if any big waves come in. She loves to do that. Maybe I should tell her to go ahead and go. Every time big waves are supposed to hit our local beaches, she and my Dsis go to look and what do you know, no big waves. We call them the "Big Wave Killers"

Weather here today really isn't great for wave watching. DD10's Softball Grand Opening was canceled today due to big storm here this a.m. (especially possible thunder and lightning)

But seriously, hope no one takes any unnecessary risks. Be careful Hawaii.

You wouldn't actually see any waves in Cali. The only thing Cali could expect would be very strong rip currents. Don't go to the beach expecting to see breaking waves and definately don't go in the water.

You wouldn't actually see any waves in Cali. The only thing Cali could expect would be very strong rip currents. Don't go to the beach expecting to see breaking waves and definately don't go in the water.

its raining like crazy today too so i doubt anyone would actually go watch the waves today...

My parents live around 1 mile away from the beach, they are currently without power. :(

Most of the east coast of Australia which includes Sydney and Brisbane, up along way on the way to Cairns are on alert. I have a friend in Eastern NZ, on the beach, and has emailed to let me know they have roughly 1.5 meter waves, that's about 5 feet.

In Australia, in effected areas up and down the east coast, most coastal/water events like surf carnivals, dragon boat races, triathalons, etc have been cancelled and people have been warned to stay away from the beach as localised shore flooding, although minor is expected, and strong ocean currents.

wow i saw this on the news, the earthquake was in Chile, was the biggest one in a very long time it was a 8.8 or something like that. that was what is causing the Tsunami's. i hope everyone stays safe!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter