TV AD: Buy one adult ticket get child's free???

princessmomma

DIS Veteran
My sister said she saw this advertisement.

What package or offer do you think she may have saw?

I can't seem to find this. She may have her details confused.

She more than likely saw the Visa promo - book package and for every adult, child 3-9 gets in free. The ads that I'm seeing sound pretty close to what your sister says she saw. Wouldn't it be great if there were a new promo out offering just ticket discounts!

Tiger

That particular deal is only good to Disney Visa Holders; if that's the one she may have seen it on an American tv station.

tmli - I was under the impression that anyone who pays with a Visa card (Disney Visa cardholders get disney dollars back as a bonus for booking this package and that is what is only applicable to Disney Visa cardholders) can use this promo. I don't think that they are advertising it much on Canadian TV because the at par Dream Maker package deals are better for us Canadians right now (although as my DH the banker says, it really isn't truly at par since it's just a discounted exchange rate - but every little bit helps!)

Good luck with your planning. Tiger aka Piglet's mom

My understanding after calling wdw is that the free kid is a disney visa special, and they are offering the cdn at par for regular visa holders to Cdn's since we can't get a Disney Visa. I'm not a 100% sure as I haven't seen anything in writing myself.

That's very interesting. I went by TA's info (my own and CAA) - the commercials and other promos state that all that is needed is to pay with a Visa card, and they don't specify any particular one. If this is the case, then this is false advertising because they don't mention that you need to pay with a Disney Visa in order to utilize this promo.

I'll guess I'll have to check myself as well since I've had several friends and family members ask me the same thing regarding this promo (although I think for us as Canadians the at-par deal is better for us) as I'm currently planning our Spring trip.

Thanks, Tiger (aka Piglet's mom)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter