Tweeties journal

tweetie1

Earning My Ears
What a great idea this is!!

I have always struggled with weight. I was a chubby child and even though I always thought of my self as fat when I now look back at the pictures of myself as a teenager I realize I wasn't really overweight at all. I just compared myself to my best friend who could eat all day and was skinny as a toothpick and decided I was fat. But I guess I just had unhealthy body image. Now I am very overweight, I need to lose around 100 lbs.:guilty:

I lost a lot of weight last year simply by cutting back on soda and sweet tea and replacing my lunch with a WW dinner. I also walked a couple of times a week and didn't eat anything after 7 o'clock pm. I wasn't down to my goal weight by any means but I had made a good start.

Sadly I am a stress eater and several things happened the last few months of '06 that send me back to my old eating habits. The most major event was the sudden death of my lifelong best friend, who was more like a sister than a friend. I went right back to my old habits and then some.

Now I am ready to get started again - I have a new granddaughter and want to be able to get in the floor and play with her! I also want to be in good condition when we take her to DW for the first time - which won't be until she is a few years older, but I learned from raising my own daughter that 'a few years' can fly right by and if I don't get started now that first thing I know it will be time to go and I won't be ready.

So I am starting my program again today and will post my progress here.

Comment Welcome

Did fairly well yesterday. I am not one to count calories - I just try to make wise choices at every meal and avoid temptation in between. I ate one bowl of Special K for breakfast yesterday. At lunch we went to my mother in laws house for Sunday dinner - that is that hard part of dieting! But I managed to stay with protein and veggies and skip the potato salad and desserts. For dinner I had a WW dinner.

Today I had the same breakfast and a WW meal for lunch. I was out for most of the afternoon and just ate a quick snack when I got home because it was getting close to the 7 o’clock PM cut off for eating. I am fixing something for my husband right now but I think I will be okay. I plan to sip my water while watching TV later tonight because getting in my water is always a problem for me and also it will help me avoid food because I had got into a really bad habit of snacking in front of the TV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter