twinkybel81 & workmantm's Wishes VR 12.06.16 Japan/ADH/Lochside UPDATE 11/23 Two Weeks Out!

Maybe this was the reason I didn't want Terrace des Fleurs, didn't want people to have to potentially walk through someone else's DP?

Maybe! Though I wonder if you picked it and said that you 100% would need wheelchair access if they would not use the Arm.....(I feel like it sounds like I'm trying to force France on you, lol. Promise I'm not!!)

By the time our menu tasting was done, it was pouring outside, and although Jamie had given us a cute little DFTW umbrella, we decided it would be best to head back to the room to drop off anything we didn’t absolutely need to be carrying around (less to protect from the wet), go team Tropical Depression Colin! The trip back to the room turned into another 2 hour nap before heading back out for the evening.

We headed over the MK because we wanted to pick up a couple more packs of cards for Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom to bring home to the kiddo. Once we grabbed those we decided to hit a couple of the attractions we haven’t been on in Florida yet because the lines are generally too long (and we have versions her in California). Thanks to the rain and it being later in the evening, the lines for Winnie the Pooh and Peter Pan were doable, so we were able to enjoy those. Love the queue for Peter Pan!
2016060620_46_48-vi.jpg

At this point, it was somewhere around 9pm and I was starving, so we headed over to the Poly with Trader Sam’s as our final destination via Captain Cook’s for some late dinner. We decided to duck in to TS first to see what the wait time was and there was NO WAIT, AND there were empty seats! We were thrilled, but knew that sustenance needed to happen before drinkies, so down the hall we went to try CC for the first time. Hubby ordered the Teriyaki Chicken Sandwich, which was really a chicken breast on a Hawaiian bun and basically no terikayi sauce, and I ordered the Thai Coconut Meatballs, which I would order again, though probably not before trying some different offering from their menu (I had been eyeing the Hawaiian flatbread).

2016060622_25_15-vi.jpg

Once we were done eating we headed back over to TS, which still didn’t have a wait, but was busier than it had been. Thanks to the kindness of a stranger flying solo, we were able to snag a couple of seats at the bar and order our Polynesian Pearls! Yum! We had enjoyed this drink back in December, but hubby has discovered that he is only good for a few sips of this particular drink, so I finished his as well. I wanted to stay longer, but it was about 11 and we hoped to be in bed by midnight, so we paid our tab and headed back to OKW to get some rest before our last day in Orlando.

Our last morning in Orlando started out on the slow side. We had both set alarms to get up and get a workout in, but we both overslept. I was expecting the artist from Kristy’s Artistry Design Team at 8:30 for my hair and makeup trial, so I got up, got ready, packed the few things that needed packing (yay short trip!), and then crawled back into bed to enjoy mimosas with the hubby until the artist arrived.
2016060708_03_10-vi.jpg

I received a call from my artist verifying which building we were in (OKW is big), and a few short minutes later she had arrived. I was excited, especially since the previous afternoon, Kristy had called me and told me they made need to cancel/postpone my trial due to a “state of emergency” having been declared for the area because of Tropical Depression Colin. Luckily everything worked out! The artist got set up to do my hair first and then I showed her my inspiration pictures (which can be seen here), which I had printed out in black & white. She complained that she couldn’t really see detail because there was no color, so I pulled up the pictures on my phone and she went to work. She was pleasant to talk to and seemed to work relatively quickly. When she was done, she noted that things weren’t as neat as they would be on the day of because she had pulled things out to rearrange/redo them a couple times that day. Here is how it came out day of:
2016060710_05_16-vi.jpg
2016060710_05_20-vi.jpg
2016060710_05_26-vi.jpg
2016060710_05_29-vi.jpg

It still wasn’t quite what I wanted, but I wasn’t able to verbalize my notes/adjustments until later, so I just sent an email so that it could be added to my file.

My hair notes:

-land the swoop on the right side of my head higher on the back of my head

-more volume or texture on the sides (you can’t even tell that my hair is done fancy if you look at me straight on)

-curl my bangs

-make the roll at the bottom of my hairline wider so that is spans ear to ear (or add two smaller rolls, one on each side)

She then got set up to do my makeup. The makeup trial was a last minute addition to my trial, after talking to my friend who is supposed to be acting as my MUA and finding out she is not sure whether she will be able to physically do our makeup (back injury issues). I showed her my inspiration pics which had been printed in color (you can see them here), she asked a couple of questions, and went to work. I am planning on having false lashes on the day of, but we both agreed that they weren’t necessary for the trial. I warned her before she did my eyeliner that I have particularly wrinkly eyelids, and she said it wasn’t a problem. I could tell she had some issues once she got to that point, but tried to play it off. One of the things she asked ahead of time was if I was ok if she didn’t put dark liner, etc on my lower lash line because my eyes are on the small side and that would close them in/make them look smaller, and I agreed that was fine, but she still ended up putting mascara on my lower lashes. I also let her know that I really don’t like lip gloss, like REALLY don’t like the feel of it on my lips. Yet after she applied the lip stain, she put gloss on top of it saying that this one feels different… I had to blot most of it off almost immediately. Her reasoning is that the stain can make your lips dry. I’d rather have the option to maybe just put chapstick over the lip stain if that is the case. Here is the final product:
2016060710_01_40-vi.jpg
2016060710_01_42-vi.jpg
2016060710_01_50-vi.jpg
2016060711_02_06-vi.jpg

I have to admit that when I went to look in the mirror, I didn’t have a positive reaction, but again, had to wait til I’d been wearing it for a few hours before I could articulate what I wasn’t fond of. Partly, I think it ended up looking like I had done my own makeup, and I don’t necessarily mean that in a complimentary way toward my skills. The makeup made my eyes look smaller, which I really don’t need any help in that territory (I know that having the longer false lashes will help that somewhat). This is the best pic I have to demonstrate that:
2016060808_06_49-vi.jpg

It also didn’t seem to last as long as I was expecting (I did get rained on some, to be fair). This pic was taken about 6 hours later while we were waiting at the airport:
2016060717_42_54-vi.jpg

In addition to the notes below, I am also planning on purchasing/bringing my own lip color.

Makeup notes (if I end up adding makeup to my contract):

-black eyeliner rather than brown

-a MUCH cleaner line for the eyeliner, even if that means it ends up thicker/more dramatic

-more color on my eyelids and a more subtle transitions between the colors

-no mascara on my lower lashes

-a touch more blush

-slightly less fill in my eyebrows

Here are a couple pictures of self-done makeup for comparison:
2015102111_01_40-vi.jpg
2015102111_01_50-vi.jpg

What are your honest opinions? Do you see what I am seeing?

I contacted my MUA friend once I got home and am going to be doing a trial with her sometime in the next two weeks. I figure, at the very least, I can take notes/have her write notes to show the artist from KATD, since I’m not necessarily well versed in communicating makeup stuff, and example pictures that are actually of my face and not a celebrity’s. My ultimate hope is that she will still be able to act as MUA on the day of, but I’m trying to be prepared for all eventualities.

The KATD artist packed her gear and was on her way. We went up and checked our one bag with the Resort Airline Check-In service and then headed to Olivia’s for our breakfast reservation. We really enjoyed our dinner here last December and had read good reviews on their breakfast. Unfortunately, our breakfast experience was rather lackluster. Hubby ordered the Olivia’s Breakfast, which was pretty standard fare. I ordered the Poached Eggs and Hash (key lime hollandaise on the side). The hash was room temperature and the eggs were very overcooked. I was disappointed, but ate it anyway. I mentioned it to our server and she offered to bring me fresh cooked eggs, but I didn’t want to wait, so I declined. They ended up giving us 20% off the bill, which was a nice gesture. We would be willing to try their breakfast again, but likely earlier in the breakfast window (our reservation was at 10:20, so the end of the breakfast service).
2016060710_45_29-vi.jpg

After breakfast we headed over to Animal Kingdom Park and walked around a bit, but didn’t end up riding anything. We then headed over to Epcot to wander World Showcase and grab something to eat before heading back to be picked up by DME. We were able to score a walk-up seating (less than 10 minute wait without a reservation) at Via Napoli, where we devoured a large pepperoni pizza between the two of us. Next time, I am GOING to try the Carciofi!
2016060713_37_18-vi.jpg

On our way out, we stopped into Future World to check out the new DVC lounge, grabbed some Powerade from the Freestyle Coke machines and headed out to the buses.
2016060808_05_14-vi.jpg

Once we got back to OKW, we just perused the gift store until it was time to get on the bus. We grabbed a couple of Mickey Bars to enjoy as a last treat, and boy were they delicious! Shortly thereafter, the DME bus arrived, we boarded, and just like that, our quick trip was done!

Coming soon, we shall return to your regularly schedule Planning Journal!

Your trip report was awesome! I love reading about all the details! Especially the food.

I see what you mean about your make up trial. I actually liked your self done make up better to be honest. That's one of my concerns about hiring a make up artist for my vow renewal too. I'm concerned my face won't look the way I want and to pay money for a make up job that doesn't make you happy will be double the disappointment.

Just realized that I left off the Vintage Irish Cheddar and bacon dip from our menu list. Have no fear, it will be there with cut up baguette pieces for dipping! Lol. ;)

I don't know much about makeup, so I won't comment on that, but I wanted to tell you something my DF said while I was reading this. He's sitting next to me and as I went past the pics of your hair, he asked, "Did she put Mickey ears in her hair?"

Just thought you'd get a kick out of that :)

Don’t you hate it when you are expecting emails/communication and no matter how many times you obsessively refresh, what you are waiting for isn’t there? That’s where I’m at right now. We are waiting on our BEO, our floral proposal, and the first draft of our invitation design and I’m getting so impatient! (I’m waiting on more emails than that, but those are all the wedding related ones). That being said, there has been more forward movement on the planning front, so I’ll tell you about that for now.

My Shoes

Yes, I know, I’m going to talk about shoes again! If you’ve read my journal from the beginning, you will probably remember that I was pretty adamant about only wanting 1 pair of shoes for the wedding day, mostly because I didn’t want to pay a lot of money for cute but uncomfortable shoes that I wasn’t going to wear for very long. Welllllllll, things have changed and I am indeed going to be wearing 2 different pairs of shoes (just not at the same time, hahaha). I found these absolutely perfect, adorable, heels that are totally ME and I loved them! The heels are higher than what I generally can comfortably wear and once I tried them on it was confirmed that these were not shoes I could be on my feet all day in, so I prepared to put them back. As I was placing the shoebox back on the rack, I noticed that they were on clearance for 80% AND I had a $10 off coupon that expired that very day, so for a whopping $2.15 including tax, I bought THE shoes!!! Aren’t they awesome?!?
2016061714_11_35-vi.jpg

2016061714_11_48-vi.jpg

I’ve been going back and forth about which comfy shoes to purchase to wear after the ceremony and formal pictures are done. I’m mostly decided on FINALLY getting my Doc Marten Mary Janes. Mostly. I’m also considering something like these, because they will be comfy, cute, something that I will wear again, I can use my DSW gift card to buy them, so they would be no money out of pocket, AND I could potentially purchase/wear the Doc Marten Mary Janes sooner than December.

2016061714_06_35-vi.png
2016061714_08_01-vi.png
2016061714_50_46-vi.png
2016061714_50_57-vi.png

Matron of Honor dresses update!

I had decided on one of the back up dresses and asked the ladies to order them by the end of this month, because I wanted to see them in person to make sure they were going to work, and if they weren’t going to work we still would have plenty of time to find something else. Fast forward to last week when I received an email notification that the original dress that we all loved was BACK IN STOCK IN THEIR SIZE!!! I did quite the happy dance and immediately texted both of the ladies. Kelly ordered hers on Thursday and I ordered my sister’s on Friday. Kelly’s came today and she said it fits and seems to be well made and will look good with a petticoat. YAYYYY!!!! She sent me a couple pics, but I’ll wait til I can take some pictures in person. I’m crossing my fingers that my sister’s dress arrives by the end of the week and that hers fits as well. I need to measure one of the skirts to know which length petticoat they will need.

Their look will be this dress with a silver petticoat and bright red shoes.
PhotoJun2883436PM-vi.jpg

I told them their shoes don’t need to match the other person’s and they don’t need to be a specific style (within reason), they just need to be bright red. I’m leaning toward having them wear earrings but no necklace, but I’m not sure if I want to gift them with matching earrings, gift them with unique earrings, or let them handle the earrings on their own.

Favors

While we were at our Planning Session, we asked our floral planner about the possibility of having custom name tags (the ones that look like the Cast Member name tags) made for our guests as favors and she was pretty sure they wouldn’t be able to, but she would check into it for us. I emailed her today just to follow up and she let us know that it isn’t a possibility. So now we have to decide what we want to do for favors (other than something non-edible). I have found an artist on Etsy that does custom Disney-esque name tags (she even has some that would go great with our theme!) that I will probably send a message to to see if she offers a bulk discount, work with her on a design, etc. Need to wait until we get our BEO and floral proposal back though, to see where we are with meeting enhancement minimums. If we are looking good before including favors, then we will likely pursue a vendor outside of Disney, if we aren’t looking so good, then we may need to choose something else. Also want to have a somewhat better idea of final headcount, which won’t happen until after we send our invites out, and then still probably not for awhile after that. Grrr! I hate waiting! ;)

I thought I commented on the end of your PS trip/your trial but I guess that was on Facebook - oops! I'm glad you've been able to note down exactly what you want to be changed with hair and makeup (and yummmm Via Napoli!)

LOVE LOVE LOVE the shoes!! Not gonna lie the idea of Dr Scholls sounds awesome for your feet, but if you're taking votes from the peanut gallery I say continue with the sparkly flats ;)

So exciting that the dress came back in stock!!!! I can't wait to see a picture of what it looks like when you see it!

THE DRESS IS BACK!!!!! I'm so glad!

I love all of the shoes. I am no help lol. I'm definitely a ballet flat girl, so I am slightly biased... I love the sparkly heels. If I could find a deal like that, I would buy two pairs of shoes for my wedding :D

Okay, now I'm caught up again! First of all, you're killing me with your menu choices... I shouldn't have read this when I was hungry! :hyper: Individual No Way Jose sundaes at your DP?! That would be the coolest thing ever. I hope they find a way to make it work. Even if they have to assemble them there. I also love your sparkly shoes. They are going to look so amazing in photos!

We will be there December 3-9!! :)

I hope they find a way to make it work. Even if they have to assemble them there.

It's funny you mention that! When we first brought the idea up, they suggested just having the stuff to build them there at the DP, but we weren't too keen on it. They were sounding doubtful about the logistics when I asked about having them preassembled and then placed on sheet trays and have the trays stacked in the same kind of coolers that they use to hold the Mickey bars and such. They thought that was a great solution, but there are people they have to check with, so we shall see. :-)

We will be at Kidani those same dates! We move over to the Poly on the 9th for our free night (plus hopefully one more). :woohoo:

We received our floral proposal yesterday afternoon and I was so excited that we got it back before she went on vacation! There were a couple of minor things missing (like our napkin fold choice) and a couple of things needing tweaking (reception start time, DP location), but overall it's lower than I expected, yay! We are providing quite a bit ourselves, so I knew it shouldn't be too crazy, but we apparently also chose some inexpensive floral elements (probably because there are almost no actual flowers). These numbers are also sure to go down, because it is extremely unlikely that we will end up with 85 guests in attendance. This is pretty much exactly what we were aiming for, so that we can spend more of our enhancement minimums on other, more fun (to us) stuff and overall guest experience! Although, to be honest, now I'm afraid things are going to be too plain. Also, we are also going to have to choose something other than the flocked swirl tablecloths, at least for the regular tables, because that particular linen doesn't come in an overlay, only a full length tablecloth. Visually it would drive me bonkers to have half the tables with overlays and half without, and I don't know that we want to pay to add black overlays. Ideally we will keep the black house linens and choose another overlay.

Here is our floral proposal, in case anyone is interested in seeing it:
WorkmanVR0606161-vi.jpg
WorkmanVR0606162-vi.jpg

I sent an email with some clarification questions, which my planner responded to since our floral planner is on vacation for 2 weeks. According to the end of her email, it looks like we are still a good 2-3 weeks out from getting our BEO. :-/ Hoping she was just giving herself some time padding, though I know she is waiting to hear back on some not commonly used elements, which unfortunately can make the process take longer.

Touched bases with our invitation designer again this evening (because we were supposed to have our first draft of the design by today, and we still hadn't seen anything by dinnertime), and she's pushed things back til Monday or Tuesday of this coming week, with our blessing (begrudgingly on my part). Apparently, she has been swamped by her paying clients. Based on something she asked this evening, she missed something I mentioned in my initial email to her regarding design, and I am admittedly frustrated at that. I'm trying to take a deep breath and be understanding (especially since we did a trade, not a direct payment) and she is a friendly acquaintance whom I have known for many years now. I'm just starting to get anxious because at this point, we aren't going to make the timeline we wanted for getting the invitations sent out, and I don't want to have to push it back any further than we have to and I don't want us to have to pay any kind of expediting fee for the printing to help move things along as quickly as possible. Meh, thanks for letting me vent, I know it will work out in the end.

Have a great 4th of July weekend!!! I will probably post our tentative trip schedule soon, if anyone is curious to see it.

Hello just wanted to say I started following along over the weekend and so far I love all of your ideas! I'm a huge fan of anything Nightmare Before Christmas or Haunted Mansion! Can't wait to hear more about your wedding ideas and details.:hmghost: Don't worry, everything will come together beautifully! I will be starting my wedding planning in a couple of months so don't be surprised if I ask you a few questions here and there lol :jumping1:

Hello just wanted to say I started following along over the weekend and so far I love all of your ideas! I'm a huge fan of anything Nightmare Before Christmas or Haunted Mansion! Can't wait to hear more about your wedding ideas and details.:hmghost: Don't worry, everything will come together beautifully! I will be starting my wedding planning in a couple of months so don't be surprised if I ask you a few questions here and there lol :jumping1:

Hello and welcome!!! Thanks for following along. :-)

I'm happy to answer any questions to the best of my ability, so feel free to ask away!

Mini update:

We are still waiting on our BEO. This week marks 6 weeks since our PS, so I’m hoping this is THE week (and it’ll make a good birthday present to boot!).

We received the first draft of some of the panels for our invitations yesterday afternoon, finally! So far we like them, which is a relief. We are supposed to have a phone consult with her later this evening to discuss feedback and details, etc, so that she can move forward with completing the design so that we can get them printed and mailed out.

I was supposed to go out and visit my MUA friend for a trial on Friday, but she decided that she would rather hold off since things are still so up in the air for her and whether she will be able to commit. I’m disappointed and will have to console myself with looking up makeup tutorials on YouTube and practicing applying them myself so that I can fine tune the details of how I want to look.

I have a lot going on right now that is not wedding related, which is making it harder to be excited about the wedding, but I know it will pass. I really need to hunker down and make my practice bouquet soon, so that I have time to take notes, fine tune, make additional practice bouquets if necessary. Not having a dedicated space to work makes it more of a challenge, but I’ve just got to suck it up, buttercup!

Our Wedding Trip Plans

We are trying to approach this trip with a much more laid back, go with the flow type mentality than we typically do. It helps that we aren’t doing a dining plan this time (we usually get the Deluxe Dining Plan, so there are a lot of ADRs). Below is our tentative itinerary as of right now.

Saturday, December 3

Arrival/Check-in at Animal Kingdom – Kidani Village
Dinner at Sanaa @ 6:35p (we have the reservation, but this is a maybe based on what time we are going to arrive on property)
Trader Sam’s w/ MOH (this is likely to replace dinner at Sanaa)

Sunday, December 4

Pick up rental car

Pick up Sam’s Club order
Welcome bag assembly?
Lunch at Epcot QS
Bachelor/ette shindig @ Epcot 1-6
Dinner at Les Halles
Rehearsal ~7:30p-8:15p?
Welcome Party ~8:30p-10p

Monday, December 5

Garment steaming appt @ 9am
Deliver bins to Francks (9-11a or 1-4p)
Lunch at BOG @ 1:35p
MK (Time w/ my family, Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom)
Dinner TBD

Tuesday, December 6

Vow renewal - 9am Japan Pavilion, Epcot
Reception -10:20a-3:20p
Break - 3:20p-~7:30-8p
Dessert party - 8-9:30p

Wednesday, December 7

Just us day
Chef’s Table at V&A?

Thursday, December 8

Typhoon Lagoon with the boy & my in laws

Lunch at Leaning Palms
AK for afternoon/evening
Dinner at Yak & Yeti?

Friday, December 9

Breakfast at Captain’s Grille @ 10:45 (for 2)
Epcot
Move to Polynesian for Complimentary night
Resort time
Trader Sam’s or Top of the World Lounge or DVC Merry Member Mixer
Lunch and dinner TBD

Saturday, December 10

Watch MK opening show finally!
Keys to the Kingdom Tour (9:30a-2:30p)
Lunch on tour (Columbia Harbor House)
Sleigh ride @ Fort Wilderness ~6:30-7p
Trader Sam’s or Top of the World?
Dinner TBD (possibly Ohana/room service)

Sunday, December 11

Breakfast at Kona Café @ 7:50a or 10:35a
Check out
Free time til DME

Leaving on the 11th instead of the 10th is still up in the air right now, but I’m really hoping we can make it work. Other things we are interested in doing while on out there this trip: ordering pizza in from Giordano’s (I’ve heard it’s amazing!), spend time in Disney Springs, maybe go for an evening at the Edison (perhaps if V&A doesn’t work out), eat at Cooke’s of Dublin, and grab a drink at Jock Lindsay’s.

Sorry this was a photo free post, hopefully next time will have photos!

As you can see, I’ve been MIA for the last month or so. To say I've been busy would be an understatement. A quick summary, of the last 4-5 weeks:

· We received our initial BEO (finally), made our first round of revisions, and received the latest revision back

· We decided to list our townhome for sale (earlier than planned)

· Accepted an offer on our townhome after just over a week on the market

· Entered Escrow and started to pack up our home

· Finally got our invitation design finalized, got them printed and mailed out

· Had a phone conference with my planner and our cake chef to discuss/decide on a cake design

· Continuing to spend time with my terminally ill grandfather (my last living grandparent)

Invitations:

The process of getting our invitations designed turned into a more stressful situation than we anticipated, due to our designer running into some health issues, which greatly affected the timeline. She was extremely apologetic and embarrassed, and wound up paying for the invitations to be printed and expedited (if you are reading for the first time, our designer is a personal acquaintance). I have to hand it to Wedding Paper Divas for their customer service and expediting. We approved the design that had been uploaded t our account there on Monday early evening, and we had our order in hand on Wednesday afternoon of the same week. The final product:

Front:
2016080313_34_00-vi.jpg

Back:

2016080313_34_11-vi.jpg

BEO & Communications w/ our Planner’s assistant:

Our BEO is currently 15 pages long, so I am going to refrain from posting it here for the moment. If there is anything specific that you are curious about, let me know and I’ll happily give you the info (we have custom menus at all 3 events, custom BOC bar at the Reception, 2 characters, a silhouette artist, bubble exit, simple centerpieces, almost no actual floral, etc). The grand total of everything (Welcome Party, Ceremony/Reception, & Dessert Party) is higher than we had planned for, but not significantly, and wasn’t a surprise. We’ve made some tweaks to transportation (to save some money) and some menu adjustments to our Welcome Party & Dessert Party (just because). Most of the real savings/reductions will come once we start to get RSVPs back and can reduce the number of guests listed on the BEO. The husband prefers to overbudget, so our BEO us currently set to budget for 100% “yes” response for all events, which is HIGHLY HIGHLY unlikely (about 83 total). I am really excited at how things are moving forward (and also freaking out a little bit, because all of a sudden we are just under 4 months away)! I know things will work themselves out and everything will be beautiful and awesome. :D

Within the first 2 or 3 months of communicating with our Planner and her assistant, she got a new assistant. We are not impressed with him, at all. To the point where I won’t send him any emails, I send everything directly to our Planner, even though I know she will forward things to him to handle. He isn’t thorough, he sends incorrect information (even when we send clarification questions when something doesn’t look correct or clear), and it was basically because of poor information from him that we had to schedule a phone conference with our cake chef. When our planner sent the latest revision of our BEO, she suggested that for the next round of revisions we schedule a phone call, which we are going to take her up on, due to more mistakes/possibly inaccurate information on this latest BEO.

90 Day Payment:

Our 90 day payment is due 3 weeks from this coming Monday (what?!) and I am really hoping we get some no RSVPs over the next week or two, so that I can have my planner lower the guest count on our BEO, therefore lowering how much we owe them initially. We have the money to make the payment as it stands right now, but lower would be nicer, so fingers crossed. ;)

Conference call with the cake chef:

At our planning session, we discussed a cake design, but shortly after, we changed our minds/got really inspired with a different design. We put together some pictures of our general idea for them to take inspiration from, and were basically told they couldn’t do it because Disney legal said so. The rejection was poorly worded and the suggested design that they sent in place of what we sent was extremely lackluster. Fast forward to the phone conference with our cake chef and we are all on the same page now and are really excited for the design. We still need to finalize the design for the topper they are making us, but an overall design has been decided on and we got pricing for it in our revised BEO and it’s very reasonable, hooray!

My dress:

I should be getting a call any day saying that my dress has come in. I am both excited about this and dreading it. I’ve been having some weight gain issues over the last 10 months or so, and I am almost 100% positive that my dress is not going to fit right now. I know that I still have time, but it is definitely adding to my anxiety and stress level at the moment. I’m excited because I still love it and can’t wait to see it again and touch it. :D I may or may not still occasionally look at the photos we took when I tried it on. ;)

Guest Book:
For a long time, I've wanted to do one of the "fingerprint as leaves/balloons" type art pieces as our guest book, alongside a mat for people to frame, that we would combine after the wedding. I really love these two designs:

2016063021_26_37-vi.png
2016063021_26_41-vi.png

upguestbook-vi.png

However, since we are having a silhouette artist, I'm wondering if we should just ask guests to sign our copies of their silhouettes and then make something out of those once we get home. My biggest concern with doing that is that unless we have a large amount of wall space available to be able to display them all individually, that they will end up in some sort of book or album that doesn't get looked at much.

Our move:

As I mentioned before, we decided to list/sell our home. We have been talking about moving (out of state) for quite some time, but we were going to wait until January of next year, so that we weren’t dealing with a move AND wedding planning at the same time. Well, that plan has gone out the window and we are now elbow deep in both. When escrow closes, we will likely be moving in with my MIL for a couple months until we can finalize everything for our move. I’m not looking forward to living with MIL for any length, she drives me batty (though I am grateful that she has offered us temporary living space). There is a small possibility that we will be moving into my Grandfather’s house to take care of it, so that he feels better about moving into a board and care facility, we shall see. If all goes as we hope, we will be moving about 2 -3 weeks prior to the wedding. Not ideal, but we already signed up for the Dr. Strange 10K at Disneyland the second weekend in November and if we move before then, then we would have to add the cost of flights/food/possibly lodging in to everything else we are paying for at the moment, so the husband would prefer to wait until after we have completed the race to move.

Still on the to do list (eep!):

· Choose ceremony music

· Order husband’s attire

· Order kid’s attire

· Make practice bouquet

· Make actual bouquet

· Make practice Mickey pomanders

· Make actual Mickey pomanders

· Make faux fiddlehead ferns for boutonnieres & bouquet

· Make geodesic domes for boutonnieres, corsages, bouquet, and pomanders

· Choose “practical” shoes for after the ceremony (I've found more options, but don't think you guys want to see more shoe pictures until I actually pick a pair!)

· Decide on who I am having do my makeup for the day of

· Finalize cake topper design with the Disney pastry team

· Pay Disney

· Finish paying photographer

· Choose table names

· Design/print table name cards

· Decide on favors (which will act as escort cards), order favors (what we originally wanted through Disney is not something that is available anymore, and we have more than met our expenditure minimums, so we are exploring some options outside of Disney)

· Lose weight so my dress fits

· Book sleigh ride

· Decide what we are doing about tablecloth overlays for the reception (one of the ones we chose at the planning session isn’t available as an overlay), which won’t happen until I’m out in Florida for the Wine & Dine Half Marathon in November

· Decide what we are doing for our guest book

This ended up being another post without a lot of pictures, sorry about that. If you are still here and following along, thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!