Two decadent nights... Bluezoo and Jiko

Andy123

Wine, Beer and Spirits Guy
Been to both before...

At Bluezoo on 12/12, had the Teppan Seared Jumbo Sea Scallops with braised beef short rib, and a silky cauliflower puree. The scallops were wonderful. The short rib was wonderful, and the cauliflower was good... throw in some purple onions and a little bitter green... eat it all at once, and it's fantastic. I think the scallops and the short rib were both a bit underseasoned, but the dish was well-executed and I was fairly happy. For my main course, I had the Cantonese Fried Lobster which is a favorite... this is simply a wonderful dish and this time was the best I've ever had of it... The flavors were just a bit more concentrated and the lobster cooked perfectly... worth the $$. For dessert, Key Lime Square - graham cracker crust, toasted coconut ice cream, coconut tapioca. A wonderful dessert... the pasty chef is amazing here and it's worth saving room for dessert.

Ok, Jiko on 12/13... a wonderful experience. Ryan and Steven (whom I know rather well) took excellent care of us. Marty stopped by to chat for a moment as well. We started with a wonderful cold/ spicy flatbread with shrimp... forgot the name. The contrast between the warm bread and cold-spiciness of the shrimp was fabulous. For dinner, I had the Tamarind Braised Beef Shortrib which is divine... the portion size is huge, but the flavors, again... so wonderful. She is simply amazing back there.

Two great meals back to back... I am a wine geek, but won't go into the wines. Happy to answer any questions!

Enjoyed reading your reviews ~ Thanx for sharing.

Andy123 said:
Two great meals back to back... I am a wine geek, but won't go into the wines. Happy to answer any questions!

Please do go into the wines. I am a wine newbie & sucking up all the knowledge I can from you geeks.

Thanks for the reviews, Jiko is probably my favorite WDW restaurant. I'm also dying to try Bluezoo, but as we'll be on the dining plan this trip it's not in the cards. :)

Disneyenthusiast said:
Was the Lobster at BlueZoo enough to share for 2 adults? We would like to try several appetizers and side dishes> Thanks!

I'm not the OP, but we've had the Lobster Cantonese at BZ several times. It is definately enough to split. It's a 2 pound lobster. I can't see one person finishing it, to be honest.
When DH & I dine at BZ, we usually split a couple apps & the Lobster. Or just do all apps/side dishes & eat Tapas Style. If you do that, ask for Anthony. He's the best at staging a Tapas meal.

You chose two of our favorite restaurants. Thanks for the reviews.

:surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter