Two New Ticket Offers for DVC Members!

Thanks everyone! I have a quick question. My plan was to buy my daughter the Plat Plus Pass tomorrow from member services. Will I be able to link it to MDE immediately or will I have to wait to get the ticket in person? I ask as our 60 day FP+ window opens on Tuesday...yeah, nothing like waiting until the last minute:)

Also, for our upcoming trip, I'm allowing my ex-wife to use some of my DVC points to spend the first 3 days of the trip with her and then I arrive for the last 7 days. How is it going to work activating the pass if I"m not there? Any thoughts? The more I think about it, I may have to buy the 7 day tickets which will link immediately and then when I get down there upgrade her ticket to the Plat Plus AP at that time....

Thanks all!

Others have reported that they have been able to take a photo of the DVC card to GS for a child who was traveling without them and to get the AP activated. I'd recommend a call to MS to see what they say. Otherwise the sure thing is to buy a ticket and then upgrade once you arrive.

If you did buy the AP you would have a confirmation number to link to her MDE account - or MS might even do it at the time of the purchase - but it would be there as a ticket entitlement and allow FP selections.

Thanks everyone! I have a quick question. My plan was to buy my daughter the Plat Plus Pass tomorrow from member services. Will I be able to link it to MDE immediately or will I have to wait to get the ticket in person? I ask as our 60 day FP+ window opens on Tuesday...yeah, nothing like waiting until the last minute:)

Also, for our upcoming trip, I'm allowing my ex-wife to use some of my DVC points to spend the first 3 days of the trip with her and then I arrive for the last 7 days. How is it going to work activating the pass if I"m not there? Any thoughts? The more I think about it, I may have to buy the 7 day tickets which will link immediately and then when I get down there upgrade her ticket to the Plat Plus AP at that time....

Thanks all!

While actual results may depend entirely on the CM you are working with at guest services, my son and daughter are there right now with my ex and were able to get the AP deal without me present. I did have them take my actual blue DVC member card with them as well as a photo of my DL, which along with my son's DL proved he was related and resided at the same address. They were able to upgrade the PH+ tickets already purchased by their father and used for FP+ in advance.

As a side note, I did ask MS before they went and was told that I had to be present for them to receive DVC pricing on the AP. We decided it was well worth the 10 minute stop to ask at guest services on day 1 and they had no problem at all.

Sorry, new to this convo-- all tic purchased after 2/2017 has to be used within 18mo?!?!
Since 2/12/2017, all regular MYW tickets have a "First Use By" date which is set to the end of the next year (currently 12/31/2018). If not used by that date, Disney will credit you the amount you paid for that ticket towards the purchase of a new ticket. You still have 14 days from date of first use to use the ticket.

The DVC promotion for 7 a day ticket for the price of 5 is an exception to the above rules.

DVC AP discounts is only for member's household. As such for any adults to activate a discounted AP they are required to show photo ID with an address matching the DVC member's address.

While actual results may depend entirely on the CM you are working with at guest services, my son and daughter are there right now with my ex and were able to get the AP deal without me present. I did have them take my actual blue DVC member card with them as well as a photo of my DL, which along with my son's DL proved he was related and resided at the same address. They were able to upgrade the PH+ tickets already purchased by their father and used for FP+ in advance.

As a side note, I did ask MS before they went and was told that I had to be present for them to receive DVC pricing on the AP. We decided it was well worth the 10 minute stop to ask at guest services on day 1 and they had no problem at all.

Disney flip flopped on the last discount tix (not AP!). Several years ago, a 4 day tix.

Annoying as I took the multiple conversations I had with DVC CM as valid information and paid going rate for tickets for the rest of my party.

Initially, DVC stated the non-AP discounted tix could only be purchased for members family's usage, all adults had to have corresponding address on photo ID.

Then, members reported being able to use it for their guests

Eventually, many stated they bought for friends/family to use when they weren't along for the ride.

Yes, i get the YMMV & if you call enough times you may receive the answer you want to hear from Disney standard

However, I am unsure if i should purchase for my DiL (whose DL has another address than mine) for our February '18 girls trip.

Wondering if we would get 'shut down' @ GS, if the ticket value could then be applied to purchase of a standard park ticket or I'd be out the price of the tix entirely.

Can the tix value be used before expiry date to at least renew my AP?

Disney flip flopped on the last discount tix (not AP!). Several years ago, a 4 day tix.

Annoying as I took the multiple conversations I had with DVC CM as valid information and paid going rate for tickets for the rest of my party.

Initially, DVC stated the non-AP discounted tix could only be purchased for members family's usage, all adults had to have corresponding address on photo ID.

Eventually, many stated they bought for friends/family to use when they weren't along for the ride.

Yes, i get the YMMV & if you call enough times you may receive the answer you want to hear from Disney standard

However, I am unsure if i should purchase for my DiL (whose DL has another address than mine) for our February '18 girls trip.

Wondering if we would get 'shut down' @ GS, if the ticket value could then be applied to purchase of a standard park ticket or I'd be out the price of the tix entirely.

I've never heard of them leaving someone out of a ticket entirely. It's been posted if you don't use the Promo AP by 12/31/2018, they will apply the purchase price to a new ticket. So I'm sure the same would happen if it was determined your DiL was not eligible.

I feel as certain about you at least getting the value paid for the ticket if they didn't let you use it as I do about anything. I also don't know of them ever just leaving people hanging with an incorrect ticket and not getting credit for it.

I also feel almost as certain that you'll just link the ticket and enter the park.

I'm trying to mull this over and am hoping someone can clarify the best course of action for me. We currently have Gold APs, expiring in mid-January, which I will upgrade to the platinum in October for the term remainder. So far, so good. Then, we have UT tickets that I am going to apply to the cost of the renewal for 2018- to the Platinum pass. Again, so far, I think this makes sense.

However, I am thinking about buying three vouchers prior to January (the deadline) and letting our APs expire, since the price will still beat renewing to Gold and buying waterpark tickets throughout the year, but my concern is that our then-current ones will expire January 2019 and that is after the December 2018 activation deadline. Can they activate the passes in December for a continuous usage starting January of 2019? Or can they post-date the activation even further out, in case we don't want to return until the spring? Since they would be new activations this way and not renewals, I have no idea if this would work or if it makes sense in any shape or form, as it is about as clear as mud to me as I'm reading my post back. Any advice on how this might work would be appreciated!

I'm trying to mull this over and am hoping someone can clarify the best course of action for me. We currently have Gold APs, expiring in mid-January, which I will upgrade to the platinum in October for the term remainder. So far, so good. Then, we have UT tickets that I am going to apply to the cost of the renewal for 2018- to the Platinum pass. Again, so far, I think this makes sense.

However, I am thinking about buying three vouchers prior to January (the deadline) and letting our APs expire, since the price will still beat renewing to Gold and buying waterpark tickets throughout the year, but my concern is that our then-current ones will expire January 2019 and that is after the December 2018 activation deadline. Can they activate the passes in December for a continuous usage starting January of 2019? Or can they post-date the activation even further out, in case we don't want to return until the spring? Since they would be new activations this way and not renewals, I have no idea if this would work or if it makes sense in any shape or form, as it is about as clear as mud to me as I'm reading my post back. Any advice on how this might work would be appreciated!

What you are looking to do will not work I'm afraid. AFAIK a person can only have one active AP at a time and there's definitely no delayed activation. These AP's have to be activated by Dec 31, 2018 but you will still have an AP that is active past that date that needs to expire prior to you activating any other AP.

Last edited:
What you are looking to do will not work I'm afraid. AFAIK a person can only have one active AP at a time and there's definitely no delayed activation. These AP's have to be activated by Dec 31, 2018 but you will still have an AP that is active past that date that needs to expire prior to you activating any other AP.
Thank you :)!

I feel like I'm missing the best way to handle this scenario, since the UT tickets are non expiring, but unless I can buy a renewal voucher instead of a new activation AND they allow me to activate them 30 days early, I can't see how to solve my quandary!

I feel like I'm missing the best way to handle this scenario, since the UT tickets are non expiring, but unless I can buy a renewal voucher instead of a new activation AND they allow me to activate them 30 days early, I can't see how to solve my quandary!

You'll get to take advantage of it twice though - both upgrade the current and renew again for another year under the promotion. Doesn't seem too bad. When offers expire there's going to be a point that you can't do more. Yes, some will have the timing that they can get that next pass too if they want but not everyone. I for one could if I timed a trip for late Dec 2018 as my pass expires mid-December but for me it would have been my preference to get a renewal for 13 months.....but I miss that option by 25 days or so.

When will you travel in 2018? Is it worth it to you to plan to let your current passes expire, use the UT passes toward the purchase of new AP vouchers, and then activate them on your first 2018 visit starting a full 12 months of premium plus then? I realize the straight AP's are more than the renewals, but depending on the "Bridge" amount of your UT tickets, and if you sorta consider that found money, it may come close to a wash for what might be a better value for you.

Last edited:
Am I missing something?

Just off phone with WDW ticketing. My Gold APH expires 8/14/17.

Told them i wanted to 'renew' my pass but upgrade to the Platinum Plus. Was quoted $780 something.:crazy2: Hung up quickly lol

Won't be back to WDW until 10/1/17, so can't go to GS to handle before pass expires.

Should I just buy a new pass?

Am I missing something?

Told them i wanted to 'renew' my pass but upgrade to the Platinum Plus. Was quoted $780 something.:crazy2: Hung up quickly lol

Won't be back to WDW until 10/1/17, so can't go to GS to handle before pass expires.

Just call back. Its $505.81 or so to renew. I talked to MS a week or two ago about it for the price and would be going from Gold to the discounted offer.

Am I missing something?

Call MS and ask them.

We currently have Gold APs. We have a few more trips planned before they expire. Ideally, I would like to upgrade our current passes and purchase AP vouchers to be redeemed in late 2018, long after our current passes expire. But, I think I won't be able to do both the upgrade and new purchases. According to the terms of the offer, we are allowed 8 purchases per household. If I upgrade, will those be considered purchases? If so, that will put us over 8 purchases for this deal!

When will you travel in 2018? Is it worth it to you to plan to let your current passes expire, use the UT passes toward the purchase of new AP vouchers, and then activate them on your first 2018 visit starting a full 12 months of premium plus then? I realize the straight AP's are more than the renewals, but depending on the "Bridge" amount of your UT tickets, and if you sorta consider that found money, it may come close to a wash for what might be a better value for you.
I was thinking of doing that, but we are going after December at the end of January, March, and also June...so I'm not sure that waiting would work since we would need the passes two weeks after expiry. Thanks for thinking around it, though :flower1:

I was thinking of doing that, but we are going after December at the end of January, March, and also June...so I'm not sure that waiting would work since we would need the passes two weeks after expiry. Thanks for thinking around it, though :flower1:
Yeah ours expire 12/28 and we go again in February, so renewal is the best option for us too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!