Two New Ticket Offers for DVC Members!

Last month I bought the UCT 7 day PHs at the 4 day price of $431.95. They have a date of 2/21/17 on the bottom right corner on the back but no expiration date of 12/18. They say 7 day park hopper. I cannot figure if these are the old or new tickets and how bridging would work with them.
From some of the posts here it seems I would pay the difference of 505 and 559 to get the Premium AP which would be well worth it just to get the Photopass and I'm sure we would find time to go again.
What would these tickets be worth on the upgrade?

Last month I bought the UCT 7 day PHs at the 4 day price of $431.95. They have a date of 2/21/17 on the bottom right corner on the back but no expiration date of 12/18. They say 7 day park hopper. I cannot figure if these are the old or new tickets and how bridging would work with them.
From some of the posts here it seems I would pay the difference of 505 and 559 to get the Premium AP which would be well worth it just to get the Photopass and I'm sure we would find time to go again.

You might have to check with UTC to verify.

You can double check with Undercover tourist to be sure but if they truly have no expiration date I pretty sure they have to be old stock. If I recall correctly UCT had old tickets for a little while after the announcement of the price change/expiration date. I think others mentioned the ticket date showed issue dates shortly after the 2/12 change and they were only getting the old ticket price when trying to upgrade. I know UCT ran a sale a month or so ago with a 7 day ticket for the price of 4 days and they were definitely old tickets with no expiration date. If the tickets you have are "old stock" the value is about $467 if I recall correctly vs $516 if they are new stock.

Have you linked them to MDE? If yes, touch 'My Tickets' in the MDE mobile app. If the 'Valid Through' date is 12/31/30, they are old stock.

Have you linked them to MDE? If yes, touch 'My Tickets' in the MDE mobile app. If the 'Valid Through' date is 12/31/30, they are old stock.
You can double check with Undercover tourist to be sure but if they truly have no expiration date I pretty sure they have to be old stock. If I recall correctly UCT had old tickets for a little while after the announcement of the price change/expiration date. I think others mentioned the ticket date showed issue dates shortly after the 2/12 change and they were only getting the old ticket price when trying to upgrade. I know UCT ran a sale a month or so ago with a 7 day ticket for the price of 4 days and they were definitely old tickets with no expiration date. If the tickets you have are "old stock" the value is about $467 if I recall correctly vs $516 if they are new stock.

I just called UCT and they asked me the date on bottom. Using that she said they are old stock. I think I will save these--have two married daughters and will use when they go with us. Makes sense to pay for AP and use these later as prices only go up. Thanks you all.

I bought that ticket, and mine has a date of 2/7/17 on the bottom, so I know mine is old stock. I am guessing this one is also.

I'm so excited! They let us upgrade our Gold pass over the phone. We called and they originally said we had to do it in person. BUT we won't be there until November of 2018 so that wouldn't work. I had my DH email guest services and they emailed back a phone number that could help us. They were able to do it over the phone!! I am so glad because I was worried they'd block our Star Wars land for the Gold pass when it opens. Plus now we can go to the water parks!!

Does anyone know if UK members will be able to buy AP's online or will we have to purchase over the phone?

We currently have Gold APs. We have a few more trips planned before they expire. Ideally, I would like to upgrade our current passes and purchase AP vouchers to be redeemed in late 2018, long after our current passes expire. But, I think I won't be able to do both the upgrade and new purchases. According to the terms of the offer, we are allowed 8 purchases per household. If I upgrade, will those be considered purchases? If so, that will put us over 8 purchases for this deal!

I did a chat with Member Services. They tell me that I can upgrade and purchase the new passes at a discount!

So here's my question...If I purchase an AP under this special offer for a family member residing at my home residence, the "details" say that to claim the AP at guest relations the person will need to show their DVC membership card...but this family member does not have a DVC membership card...only my DW and I have membership cards ?? Would I or my DW have to be with them at guest relations to pick up the AP ??

So here's my question...If I purchase an AP under this special offer for a family member residing at my home residence, the "details" say that to claim the AP at guest relations the person will need to show their DVC membership card...but this family member does not have a DVC membership card...only my DW and I have membership cards ?? Would I or my DW have to be with them at guest relations to pick up the AP ??

Yes, you or your wife would have to be with them and show your DVC card and ID. The family member will have to have an address on their ID that matches yours.

I decided to jump on this!!
I booked May 2 - 8 at Jambo for a solo trip thinking I'll get the platinum plus and then take my dd for either presidents week or Easter in 2019! Hoping the crowds will be super low since the new HS stuff won't be done yet and it's after holidays and spring break but before Memorial Day and colleges letting out for summer

Someone just posted this question on Facebook. The poster was the member and her daughter was at WDW without her parents and wanted to upgrade to the promo AP. The mom took a picture of her member card and her DL. The daughter showed it with her ID at guest services with the matching address and was upgraded. Member Services had given the mom the information to do it.

I'm so excited! They let us upgrade our Gold pass over the phone. We called and they originally said we had to do it in person. BUT we won't be there until November of 2018 so that wouldn't work. I had my DH email guest services and they emailed back a phone number that could help us. They were able to do it over the phone!! I am so glad because I was worried they'd block our Star Wars land for the Gold pass when it opens. Plus now we can go to the water parks!!
I am very happy to see this since we are in the same boat. We won't be at WDW until mid October and want to upgrade to the new option. We have the Gold with 13 months due to last year's anniversary deal and don't want to lose the extra month. Are you able to PM me the phone number so I don't have to make numerous calls to get this resolved?

Question...if i have to claim at guest relations, that would mean that I wouldn't be able to book fp's ahead of time right??? We are going to be in WDW for a few days over Christmas.

Question...if i have to claim at guest relations, that would mean that I wouldn't be able to book fp's ahead of time right??? We are going to be in WDW for a few days over Christmas.
If you purchase online, it will prompt you who you want the tickets linked to in MDE. If you purchase by phone, they will give you a confirmation number which you can link to MDE. With either purchase method, you will be able to make advance FP+ selections once the tickets are linked to MDE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter