Two Parks in One Day?!

Pooh's-Honey-Pot

DVC owner since 2020 - VGF, BLT and SSR
Are we crazy to think of trying to do both universal parks in one day next year?! We would stay onsite on our arrival in Florida night and then get up early (would arrive too late to do the parks on day of arrival) and take advantage of the extra hour early entry and front of line pass. I want to do all the Harry Potter stuff and then whatever else we can squeeze in... I'm not especially bothered (read: terrified:rolleyes1) about doing big rides such as Rip Ride Rockit. Does the front of line pass work well and allow for squeezing lots of rides in? Does it work on every single ride?!

Thanks!

Depending on the time of year, you could squeeze every "ride" in a single day. You would have skip the shows (Poseidon's Fury, Sinbad, Animal Actors etc). But, this all depends on how much time you spend between the two Potter lands, which can effectively use up almost an entire day depending on how much you are into all things Potter. Of course, you have to ride the train both directions too. So that can be a bit of a time suck as Express on this one cuts you way ahead in line, but if it's crowded you still have a wait.

Express will result in near walk on lines or maybe a 10-15 minute wait at most on some rides depending on crowds.

we have done both parks in one day on several different occasions. we are not big thrill riders, so we did skip the big ones. we are big potter fans and felt we were able to enjoy ourselves and left happy. of course each time we go back we see lots that we missed, but that's the joy of it. we never did have express pass. you just definitely want to have a little plan of must-do's and know there will always be a next time! have a great time!!

Though you can't do it all in one day, you can get quite a bit done and feel like you didn't miss out. We did it in one day with a family who hadn't been for years this past year on July 3rd. (So could be done even without low crowds - though the crazy week of Dec 25th crowds would not be recommended!) We had express for some and a disability pass for others so that helped quite a bit. My husband and I played tour guide to maximize their time. They also had the extra challenge of having four kids in the group including one in a wheelchair. I was really surprised how much we were able to pack in our day.

Hoping we can get a lot done in 1 day too. We are planning on a Tuesday in mid December. We will be 4 adults. DS & DDIL will prioritize the Harry Potter rides. Not sure what rides DH & I will do, but we'll want to see the themeing for HP & the Simpson's area. The one thing I really want to do is see the Macy's balloons.

We haven't been to Universal in about 15 years. We're only going the one day for DDIL who is a huge HP fan. I'm hopeful we can get most of both parks done. Not sure if the front of the line passes will be worth it. I definitely can't do coasters or simulators (I get extremely motion sick). DH may do a few. We will try to be there for opening & stay til close; probably eat at City Walk after closing.

I'm hoping it will be low crowds so we can do as much as possible.

We are planning to do the same thing on Jan 6th and the crowd calendar says to expect moderate crowds. We won't have Express passes, but I dohave a plan! We are mostly planning to do the Harry Potter lands and I do want to ride Kong since it was not open last time we went. We also plan to be there at opening and stay till close! I have a touring plan and I think we will accomplish all we are setting out to do. We have been to the parks a few times so we have an idea of how they work.
This will be the last day for the Harry Potter Holidays! I know it will be busy, but I think we will be fine with a plan!
Can't wait for some Butterbeer! We board a ship the next day so we can rest then!! LOL
Good luck!

We recently did this when I was there for a conference. Only had 1 day free. We had FPs to USH last year so we were able to skip a lot of rides that are in USH. We mainly wanted to see the HP stuff and ride the train both ways. We were able to do all the Hp stuff a couple times, ate lunch at 3 broomsticks, shopped the stores, and rode a few other rides like Mummy(which I think is better at USO than USH) and Men in Black, and did the Poseidon Fury show, then we had a little bit of time left went back to Diagon Alley and got ice cream and finisshed up our shopping and it was time to go. Had a great time though, but lickily we were able to skip a lot of duplicate rides.

We managed both parks in one day last month. We stayed at Royal Pacific for one night, checked out early and left bags with bell services, and were in the parks just after 7 for the early opening at USO. Unlimited express passes were excellent and the only way to do a time limited visit. We didn't do everything, I'm the only thrill ride fan and Mrs McN gets motion sickness on the likes of Simpsons ride, but we saw and did what we wanted to. It was an expensive night/day but well worth it if only for the Harry Potter experiences in both parks. My other favourite ride oddly was ET...

Hoping we can get a lot done in 1 day too. We are planning on a Tuesday in mid December. We will be 4 adults. DS & DDIL will prioritize the Harry Potter rides. Not sure what rides DH & I will do, but we'll want to see the themeing for HP & the Simpson's area. The one thing I really want to do is see the Macy's balloons.

We haven't been to Universal in about 15 years. We're only going the one day for DDIL who is a huge HP fan. I'm hopeful we can get most of both parks done. Not sure if the front of the line passes will be worth it. I definitely can't do coasters or simulators (I get extremely motion sick). DH may do a few. We will try to be there for opening & stay til close; probably eat at City Walk after closing.

I'm hoping it will be low crowds so we can do as much as possible.
Take some non drowsy motion sickness medicine and ride. :) It really helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!