Two questions about the Magic

mmmears

DIS Veteran
Hi,

I have a couple of quick questions about the Magic:

1) Are there age limits on the pool slides (the yellow one and the Aqua Dunk)? Asking if adults can go on them ;)

2) Looking at past Navigators it looks like Daisy's De Lites is open early morning for a quick breakfast. Anyone know what they serve up there around 6:30 or 7am?

TIA!

Yes, adults are allowed on both slides. They are good fun and recommended.

Daisy's has some continental breakfast things, if I remember correctly. Fruit, breads, cereals. The big hot breakfast is in the buffet at Cabanas, or order room service to wake you.

Hi,

I have a couple of quick questions about the Magic:

1) Are there age limits on the pool slides (the yellow one and the Aqua Dunk)? Asking if adults can go on them ;)

2) Looking at past Navigators it looks like Daisy's De Lites is open early morning for a quick breakfast. Anyone know what they serve up there around 6:30 or 7am?

TIA!
I didn't see any age limit but rather height minimums.

Have fun.

I believe the minimum height for the Twist and Spout slide is 38", and 48" for the AquaDunk.

I haven't wandered top deck that early, not sure what's offered.

Enjoy your cruise!

Yes, adults are allowed on both slides. They are good fun and recommended.

Daisy's has some continental breakfast things, if I remember correctly. Fruit, breads, cereals. The big hot breakfast is in the buffet at Cabanas, or order room service to wake you.
Yes, I'm an adult and have been on both of the Magic's slides. No age maximum.

You can find an online copy of a recent Navigator to check the breakfast times.

I believe the minimum height for the Twist and Spout slide is 38", and 48" for the AquaDunk.

I haven't wandered top deck that early, not sure what's offered.

Enjoy your cruise!
As noted, Twist and Spout is a minimum height, no age restriction:
twist n spout rules.JPG

Not to hijack the thread :rolleyes1 but since we're talking about the Magic, how are the hairdryers? Am I better off taking my own and if so, I take it there's no problem plugging it in? (It's been I while since I sailed with Disney)

Not to hijack the thread :rolleyes1 but since we're talking about the Magic, how are the hairdryers? Am I better off taking my own and if so, I take it there's no problem plugging it in? (It's been I while since I sailed with Disney)
Here's the hair dryer on the Magic:
hair dryer magic 2016 P1100159 1500.jpg

And the outlet for it (on the desk, not in the bathroom).
outlets magic 2016 desk P1100157 1500.jpg

Thanks so much for the info, everyone. I really appreciate it. I have some "big kids" in the family (including DH), and the last time on the Wonder he was too tall for the yellow slide in it's original state. So glad they changed it out so everyone can ride on it. :goodvibes:

As for Daisy's, I guess I was wondering if it was the same stuff that is on the room service menu, and it sounds like it is. Good to know that's an option if we want something quick early in the morning and forget to put in the room service order the night before.

Thanks so much for the info, everyone. I really appreciate it. I have some "big kids" in the family (including DH), and the last time on the Wonder he was too tall for the yellow slide in it's original state. So glad they changed it out so everyone can ride on it. :goodvibes:

As for Daisy's, I guess I was wondering if it was the same stuff that is on the room service menu, and it sounds like it is. Good to know that's an option if we want something quick early in the morning and forget to put in the room service order the night before.
I think there ar smoothies too if I remember correctly. We usually just pass by on our way to the buffet.

They have a really good mango smoothie (and also strawberry, both are free), croissants, fruit, and maybe cereal. Promenade Lounge also has the smoothies and croissants, but is not listed in the navigator. I like to grab a hot tea and a mango smoothie and bring it back to the room as the rest of my room gets ready.

They have a really good mango smoothie (and also strawberry, both are free), croissants, fruit, and maybe cereal. Promenade Lounge also has the smoothies and croissants, but is not listed in the navigator. I like to grab a hot tea and a mango smoothie and bring it back to the room as the rest of my room gets ready.

Free smoothies!!! Mango is my DDs favourite! We'll have to head up there in mornings

Free smoothies!!! Mango is my DDs favourite! We'll have to head up there in mornings

I was thinking the same thing (although with us being on a cold weather cruise it's probably not going to be appealing.) I'm so glad I asked these questions - and thanks to everyone who's been answering! I never thought we'd ever get to cruise on the Magic so I hadn't done much research about it. :goodvibes:

Last edited:
Re: Daisy's Delites Smoothies: They're not quite 'smoothies' as they do have some granola in them. Disney calls them 'fruit yogurts', but it is a drinkable consistency. You can find them on the main dining room breakfast menu as well. On our Alaska cruise in 8/16, I had the Mango one at Triton's for breakfast one morning and the strawberry one from what is now Daisy's Delites one morning.

This is from the disneycruiselineblog.com menu page:
  • Mango Mountain Hike
    fresh blend of Mangoes, Honey, Granola and L0w-fat Yogurt
  • Mornin’ Tug Boat
    fresh blend of Strawberries, Bananas, Almonds, Raisin Granola and Low-fat Yogurt

Re: Daisy's Delites Smoothies: They're not quite 'smoothies' as they do have some granola in them. Disney calls them 'fruit yogurts', but it is a drinkable consistency. You can find them on the main dining room breakfast menu as well. On our Alaska cruise in 8/16, I had the Mango one at Triton's for breakfast one morning and the strawberry one from what is now Daisy's Delites one morning.

This is from the disneycruiselineblog.com menu page:
  • Mango Mountain Hike
    fresh blend of Mangoes, Honey, Granola and L0w-fat Yogurt
  • Mornin’ Tug Boat
    fresh blend of Strawberries, Bananas, Almonds, Raisin Granola and Low-fat Yogurt
The strawberry is a bit different than the Dining Room Breakfast one, although there is a small amount of granola it is far more drinkable (I had it in July). It is a smaller prep space and therefore different recipe (and container )

I was thinking the same thing (although with us being on a cold weather cruise it's probably not going to be appealing.) I'm so glad I asked these questions - and thanks to everyone who's been answering! I never thought we'd ever get to cruise on the Magic so I hadn't done much research about it. :goodvibes:
I had it most mornings in the Baltic, it is motivation to wake up (and the drink station is nearby for morning coffee, tea, or hot cocoa)

The strawberry is a bit different than the Dining Room Breakfast one, although there is a small amount of granola it is far more drinkable (I had it in July). It is a smaller prep space and therefore different recipe (and container )

Oh, darn, re: the smoothies, are they the ones in the little glass custard cups? I was getting excited for the kind in a cup you drink from a straw. We had the Tugboat and Mountain Hike on the Dream last month. They were in the cases near the fresh fruit. Definitely something I'd eat with a spoon .

So they are fruity yogurt granola-y things huh? We will have to check them out. I saw that they are the first to open for breakfast and that might be helpful on port days. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter