Typhoon Lagoon 2018 "H20 Glow Nights" - 6/21-8/11

I'm curious about this event and will probably get tickets since I have built in some non park days. I've never been to either water park, and although I (and my family) love swimming, I can't imagine spending a whole day at a waterpark, probably 2-3 hours tops, which makes the party make more sense (and cheaper) than purchasing a day ticket for the park. But I don't think I've been to what I would consider great waterparks and I've heard good things about both Disney waterparks. How much time do you typically spend there and how crowded is it? While the price is still kinda steep, if I'm not going to spend more than about 2-3 hours anyway, I might as well pay less and get more.

We typically spend half a day at a Disney waterpark. We like to arrive at opening then leave right after lunch. We don’t go often, usually every other trip. When we do go, we book the WPF&M tickets which pays for itself after one visit to a water park. That way, we can visit both parks during our stay.

The party sounded fun to my family as we’ve never been to the water parks at night.

Well, booked my tickets for this today. I’m still annoyed at the pathetically low AP discount here, but Disney got my money so they win.

Looking forward to experiencing something new/different at a water park.

I realize it is anyone’s guess but do you think it will sell out? The only night I could go during my trip is 6/28 (I leave the 29th) so do I buy tickets now or wait until I get there?

I'm curious about this event and will probably get tickets since I have built in some non park days. I've never been to either water park, and although I (and my family) love swimming, I can't imagine spending a whole day at a waterpark, probably 2-3 hours tops, which makes the party make more sense (and cheaper) than purchasing a day ticket for the park. But I don't think I've been to what I would consider great waterparks and I've heard good things about both Disney waterparks. How much time do you typically spend there and how crowded is it? While the price is still kinda steep, if I'm not going to spend more than about 2-3 hours anyway, I might as well pay less and get more.
I find it crazy that at an entire waterpark you would only be entertained for 2-3 hours. We regularly do vacations at the JW Marriott Hill Country outside of San Antonio where we will enjoy the slides/pools and entertainment for easily 8 hours a day for two days. The JW is a lovely park but probably has only 1/3 the slides has as a Disney waterpark. This isn't always "hard core" activity but we lounge around, eat snacks and drinks, ride the slides, etc. Sometimes I will just put my hat over my eyes and nap right there at the pool. The original Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels rivals any WDW waterpark and on our last visit we were there 9-6 and still didn't get to do everything we wanted to do.

While it is annoying that Disney keeps adding more separate ticket events I happen to like that this one uses a park that is usually underutilized at this time of the evening. Anything that helps redistributes people is okay in my book. Hopefully this will ease congestion for other parks in the evening.

Last edited:

I realize it is anyone’s guess but do you think it will sell out? The only night I could go during my trip is 6/28 (I leave the 29th) so do I buy tickets now or wait until I get there?

Hard question to answer of course. Just an observation, but over the last few days I’ve seen a Disney Twitter post and the new Disney Parks Blog blurb that @rteetz posted above. That could just be planned marketing, or it could be needed to pump up ticket sales. In my opinion, one thing Disney isn’t all that great about is actually broadly advertising some of these upcharge events - so when I see advertising it makes me notice.

But, total speculation on my part. This thing could be absurdly popular and I don’t realize it. I guess we’ll see....

FWIW, the only night we can go is on our last night as well. It’s not really my preferred plan for the “last night” but I’m just going to roll with it and just plan on sleeping when we get home! :-)

Hard question to answer of course. Just an observation, but over the last few days I’ve seen a Disney Twitter post and the new Disney Parks Blog blurb that @rteetz posted above. That could just be planned marketing, or it could be needed to pump up ticket sales. In my opinion, one thing Disney isn’t all that great about is actually broadly advertising some of these upcharge events - so when I see advertising it makes me notice.

But, total speculation on my part. This thing could be absurdly popular and I don’t realize it. I guess we’ll see....

FWIW, the only night we can go is on our last night as well. It’s not really my preferred plan for the “last night” but I’m just going to roll with it and just plan on sleeping when we get home! :-)
Yeah I definitely think today’s post was to drum up publicity to sell more tickets.

But, total speculation on my part. This thing could be absurdly popular and I don’t realize it. I guess we’ll see..
I don't know how popular it will end up being, but having done the private event version of a TL night time party for years, which doesn't have anywhere near the bells and whistles that the h2o glow nights party will have, they are very well received. As an observer, it appears that Guests are having a lot of fun.

Well i am excited about our party night 6/23. We love the water parks and to experience it at night is exciting to us. The character meets and other add one are just gravy to us. I hope this is popular as i would like for it to continue.

I find it crazy that at an entire waterpark you would only be entertained for 2-3 hours. We regularly do vacations at the JW Marriott Hill Country outside of San Antonio where we will enjoy the slides/pools and entertainment for easily 8 hours a day for two days. The JW is a lovely park but probably has only 1/3 the slides has as a Disney waterpark. This isn't always "hard core" activity but we lounge around, eat snacks and drinks, ride the slides, etc. Sometimes I will just put my hat over my eyes and nap right there at the pool. The original Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels rivals any WDW waterpark and on our last visit we were there 9-6 and still didn't get to do everything we wanted to do.

While it is annoying that Disney keeps adding more separate ticket events I happen to like that this one uses a park that is usually underutilized at this time of the evening. Anything that helps redistributes people is okay in my book. Hopefully this will ease congestion for other parks in the evening.

I haven't been to a proper waterpark, like Schlitterbahn in years, but thinking back to the ones that I have gone to, like those attached to Six Flags, I don't think we spent much time there. Even Great Wolf Lodge, which is small but indoors, I think each visit is only about 2 hours tops but since it's attached to the hotel we leave and then go back multiple times during our one night stay.

That said, I went ahead and brought tickets for 7/28, I'm excited and so is DD but my DH who was hoping for a relaxing vacation is less than thrilled oh well.

Off topic but I should check out the JW Marriott in San Antonio that you mentioned. I grew up in Texas but been back in over a decade been trying to get down there on vacation.

I hope this is well received and they extend past early August into September. We attended a night time party for all the baseball teams participating in a Disney tournament and it was the most fun we had all week.

I hope this is well received and they extend past early August into September. We attended a night time party for all the baseball teams participating in a Disney tournament and it was the most fun we had all week.

I second. We are there at the end of August.

Is there any indication of how many approximate tickets they sell for each night? We're looking to go in August and just wondering what the crowds might be like

Is there any indication of how many approximate tickets they sell for each night? We're looking to go in August and just wondering what the crowds might be like

I’m not sure if we really know. I don’t think I’ve seen anything specific enough to be reliable. :confused3

Does anyone know if any food or drinks are provided?

FYI, I moved your post to this thread.

Other than the following vague statements, I’m not sure if I’ve seen anything that has anything more specific?
  • Tempting array of limited-time food and beverage offerings
  • Special area just for adult partygoers dubbed The Wharf, featuringentertainment and a bar with refreshing libations available for purchase

FYI, I moved your post to this thread.

Other than the following vague statements, I’m not sure if I’ve seen anything that has anything more specific?
  • Tempting array of limited-time food and beverage offerings
  • Special area just for adult partygoers dubbed The Wharf, featuringentertainment and a bar with refreshing libations available for purchase
Any idea if the beverages include alcohol?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter