Typhoon Lagoon and a wheelchair

kathy87

Mouseketeer
My DS9 was just told that he needs to be non-weight bearing for the next
6-8 weeks for a knee problem, of course we leave in 12 days for disney. He is currently using crutches but we are hoping to have a wheelchair, the crutches would be too much for the trip. My question... Is there a way to do
Typhoon Lagoon? Are there ramps to get to the top of the rides? We had promised he and his brother that we were going to do this park, but now I am
not that sure. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

We have never done TL with a wheelchair, but we have done BB with one. At BB, the ski lift has a gondola which will work for a wheelchair. You ride up in the gondola and then the wheelchair is carried back down on the ski lift. The chair was always waiting at the end of the slide. I don't think TL has this ability. I do know that there are a lot of stairs, which would probably pose a problem. You may want to go to BB instead of TL this time. They are pretty accomodating. Your boys would still have a blast. If you choose to do TL, your son could still be in the amazing wave pool and could do the shark reef, I just don't know about the slides.

We went to Tl with my ds and his wheelchair, and it was very UNACCESSABLE! With all of the sand around the wave pool we couldn't get to the pool without leaving his wheelchair and carrying him to the pool. I imagine BB is the same way. :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter