Typhoon Lagoon questions

kappyfamily

MEESKA MOOSKA!
We've been to TL before but never in the middle of June. Here are a few questions I have:

*tickets: We wont be getting PH just good ol one park-a-days, which is what we prefer. We have a vacation package with hotel, dining and tix already in MDE. Can I buy separate 1 day water park ticket or do I have to upgrade to ph/water park option?
If I can buy them separate (it ends up being cheaper for us) can I get them the morning of and buy them online? The reason I would like to wait is we only have 1 day we can do a water park and if it's crappy weather we wont buy them. The day is a Sunday by the way.
Will these upload to our magic bands if we buy in MDE the morning of?

*cabanas or chairs/umbrella set up: Does anyone know the price of these for the summertime?
Is this something I "have" to reserve in advance for June or can I walk up when we arrive? We plan on being there around 9:15am to get in line.

thank you for your thoughts!

We've been to TL before but never in the middle of June. Here are a few questions I have:

*tickets: We wont be getting PH just good ol one park-a-days, which is what we prefer. We have a vacation package with hotel, dining and tix already in MDE. Can I buy separate 1 day water park ticket or do I have to upgrade to ph/water park option?
If I can buy them separate (it ends up being cheaper for us) can I get them the morning of and buy them online? The reason I would like to wait is we only have 1 day we can do a water park and if it's crappy weather we wont buy them. The day is a Sunday by the way.
Will these upload to our magic bands if we buy in MDE the morning of?

*cabanas or chairs/umbrella set up: Does anyone know the price of these for the summertime?
Is this something I "have" to reserve in advance for June or can I walk up when we arrive? We plan on being there around 9:15am to get in line.

thank you for your thoughts!

1. Yes, you can buy a seperate 1 day WP tix.
2.Yes, you can buy them online the morning of and bypass the ticket booth.

You don’t need to be at the water park at 9:15 even to rent a chair or cabana. We usually show up just before 10 because the rope drop crowd is nothing there. You might come a bit earlier to get the rental but 9:15 is not necessary.

You don’t need to be at the water park at 9:15 even to rent a chair or cabana. We usually show up just before 10 because the rope drop crowd is nothing there. You might come a bit earlier to get the rental but 9:15 is not necessary.
oh good to know! I thought for sure because it was mid June it would be crazy. thank you

9:15 is definitely waaaaay too early, unless you want to just stand around. We love the waterparks and always go in the June/July time frame. They open at 10am, and arriving at 9:55am is more than enough time for "rope drop". There may be 50-100 people standing there with you, it's really no big deal at all.

I think the cabanas are something like $400 and umbrellas are around $100 roughly. Never rented them, because I personally think they're as big of a money waste as anything on property. You can get chairs in shade for free. If you really want "isolation" head towards the back of the park. Everyone finds chairs towards the front, so that area gets crowded. We get chairs in the front because we don't care, we are very rarely in them...we just use them to put our stuff down and then sit for 5 minutes while we're getting ready to leave. But I notice the back always has plenty of open space, even during a summer afternoon.

9:15 is definitely waaaaay too early, unless you want to just stand around. We love the waterparks and always go in the June/July time frame. They open at 10am, and arriving at 9:55am is more than enough time for "rope drop". There may be 50-100 people standing there with you, it's really no big deal at all.

I think the cabanas are something like $400 and umbrellas are around $100 roughly. Never rented them, because I personally think they're as big of a money waste as anything on property. You can get chairs in shade for free. If you really want "isolation" head towards the back of the park. Everyone finds chairs towards the front, so that area gets crowded. We get chairs in the front because we don't care, we are very rarely in them...we just use them to put our stuff down and then sit for 5 minutes while we're getting ready to leave. But I notice the back always has plenty of open space, even during a summer afternoon.
Ok great thank you!

Rope Drop at the water parks isn't like Rope Drop at the major parks. There will still be what looks like a good chunk of people in front of you, but it disperses quickly. It won't take too long for lines to from on some of the rides, but you don't need to be extra early for rope drop. You'll be fine :)

$362 / day for a cabana (summer 2019 pricing).

We always reserve them ahead of time and in the summer they can (and do) sometimes sell out.

what do you get for 300 bucks

Cabana for the day, an attendant to order food/beverage (you pay for anything you order), a locker, towels, unlimited bottled water in an ice chest, drink mugs that work at the water park restaurant soda machines for unlimited refills. Nothing earth shattering, just splurgy kind of stuff.

For us, the most important part of the cabana is a designated space that is ours (without worrying about others moving it) and shade. We all have fair complexions, and two of us have had serious skin cancers. So shade is very important. My parents often travel with us, and they need a place to decompress after riding the slides with us and our DDs for a few hours. It provides great shelter from those pesky summer afternoon thunderstorms. And all the amenities that GADisneyDad mentioned are nice too.

For us, the most important part of the cabana is a designated space that is ours (without worrying about others moving it) and shade. We all have fair complexions, and two of us have had serious skin cancers. So shade is very important. My parents often travel with us, and they need a place to decompress after riding the slides with us and our DDs for a few hours. It provides great shelter from those pesky summer afternoon thunderstorms. And all the amenities that GADisneyDad mentioned are nice too.

Agreed. We find that when we get a cabana we stay a LOT longer at the waterpark. It just adds "comfort" to have a place that is "ours".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!