TYPHOON LAGOON SHARK REEF CLOSED????

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is discovery cove? Is that in Orlando? I always assumed that was somewhere else.

Discovery Cove was AWESOME. They only allow so many people admission in a given day (I think 1,000?) so its not jam packed. You can book a "dolphin encounter" while there and as another poster mentioned, the food and drinks are all included. It was an expensive day, but we loved it.

Oh no!! I didn't realize this. Now I'm kicking myself - every trip I have said I was going to do this and then I chickened out when we got there. The thought of having a fish touch me freaked me out. My husband was always so patient with me and even though I told him he could do it and I would watch, he chose to just look into the water with me. :guilty:

When was the water in that reef 75????? in 1989 because the last time I went my toes turned blue the water was so cold.

Aww poop, this was my favourite thing at Typhoon Lagoon. I liked it as it was so unique. I am surprised to hear so many people though the water was too cold though. Admittedly I am from Canada so I have a larger cold tolerance but I remember it being pretty comfortable lol.

The water was cold, but heck I always visit Disney in mid August so it was fine for me. oh-well I'm glad I did it last summer and talked my daughter into going because she was afraid of the fish touching her feet so she would always watch us from the deck lol. It was fun attraction while it lasted.

I thought it closed to make room for Misadventure Falls but that is closer to Crush n Gusher. Shark Reef has walls around it. I am both mad and sad it is gone.

Nooo! My son just had his first experience snorkelling (in a swimming pool). My wife and I had experienced shark reef. It was my first experience snorkelling. It was pretty much the highlight of the whole WDW experience for us and always talk about it whenever we talk of WDW to others. I was so looking forward to taking our kids there. Such a unique experience. Not many places in the world you can snorkel that is relatively safe for kids with rays and sharks? Note to Disney: I get that it was probably an expensive attraction to maintain but it was the draw card for us. I was already on the fence about going to WDW. I am planning to take the family to Florida but WDW is no longer on the itinerary. Closing shark reef was the deal breaker. I'm just grateful I learned that it had closed before I booked the trip. I see that Sea World has a similar experience - we're going there now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter