Uber and Rollators

StarGirl11

Long time DL Runner who is finally coming home
I was hoping someone on here has had an experience with this. I've taken Uber several times but when I go to California in two weeks it will be the first time I've travelled with the rollator and also planning to use Uber to maybe get a few places.

I'm guessing I want to know what I'm getting in to and expect. I probably could take a regular taxi but I know at least here Uber is much cheaper to take then a traditional taxi (45 dollars to the airport vs 60-70 in a regular taxi). So at some point I'm going to have to face this whether in November or in December when I head out east for Christmas vacation.

Thanks in advance.

I use Lyft a lot through a paratransit program. I've never had any trouble traveling with a rollator. Most drivers are very helpful, but you may find you have to stow it yourself.

There's a thread for Über/Lyft on the Transportation Forum.

I take uber often with my rollator. Some trunks are a little tighter than others but as long as I've folded my handles in I've never had a problem with it not fitting. If the driver bothers to help (rarely) I tip them a dollar or two because it is bulky/awkward to handle and that's going above their usual responsibilities.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!