uber around WDW

firemanx

DIS Veteran
Has anybody had trouble using uber on property? Wher will they pick you up if going resort to resort?

I use Lyft all the time. It is a great way to get around property. They will pick you up wherever you need them to so at the main entrance or specific building parking lots.

There is no problem at all using Uber/Lyft on property. No restrictions.

There is no problem at all using Uber/Lyft on property. No restrictions.

I wouldn’t say, “No restrictions.” I would say that Uber and Lyft should be able to go anywhere you could drive yourself. So they cannot drive to Magic Kingdom but can drive to Contemporary.

We used Uber four times this past week to get to dining reservations at other resorts or late night after fireworks. We thought it was very reasonable and efficient, about $10 before the tip. It allowed us to leave later, not an hour and a half before our reservation, and get back at the end of the evening in less than 30 minutes instead of at least an hour. We never waited for over 5 minutes on a Uber to arrive-we stayed at Port Orleans French Quarter and took Uber to Contemporary, Polynesian, a late night after MK fireworks (ALWAYS go to the Contemporary rather than Uber to/from MK), and a late night HS. Good experiences all-

We usually use Uber at least once a trip for late night dinner reservations back to our resort. We've never had a problem.

Do you find that uber/Lyft is cheaper than renting a car and paying for parking onsite? Do they have surge pricing after fireworks?

We don't really even use these services at home so I'm not too familiar with the ins and outs.

Could we take one from MCO to get groceries and then another to our resort or is that expensive/crazy?

We've always had a rental car when we've gone to Disney.

Do you find that uber/Lyft is cheaper than renting a car and paying for parking onsite? Do they have surge pricing after fireworks?

We don't really even use these services at home so I'm not too familiar with the ins and outs.

Could we take one from MCO to get groceries and then another to our resort or is that expensive/crazy?

With Disney resort parking fees, renting a car has ultimately gotten a lot more expensive if you're staying on property. Last trip I used Lyft several times, and took Disney transportation the rest of the time. Much cheaper than renting a car.

If you use a Uber or Lyft once a day including tip let's guess about 25$(alittle high for most designations) that alone is the cost of parking at a deluxe for 1 day . Not including the rental car price. I think each family would have to price it out but if your only going to use it a few times a trip Uber and Lyft is much cheaper than renting a car.

I just remembered we will probably need a booster for my 6 year old. I think he could ride without one in florida but I'm not sure he will be tall enough. our laws are stricter so it's also dangerous to let him go without one - he will be mad when we get home!!

Do the cars usually have booster seats??

No Uber or Lyft cars have booster seats (unless the driver has elected to carry one on his own initiative, which is rare.) Minnie Vans have 2 car seats; I think they can be converted to boosters, but I'm not sure.

It would be best to obtain a portable booster, such as BubbleBum or Mifold, and bring it with you.

Found this thread while looking for discussions of whether people think uber/lyft will be prevalent once WDW opens. We usually use it as a main mode of transportation on our trips. I can't stand packed buses or waiting for them.

That being said- Uber does have an "Uber Car Seat" option in the app. And around Disney World they are quite frequently available. We have used the service many times and its only a couple dollars more than Uber X.

Do you find that uber/Lyft is cheaper than renting a car and paying for parking onsite?
This post is from March so not sure if you've made your decision, but I would find that Uber/Lyft is likely cheaper and IMO, its definitely easier and less of a hassle. Uber/Lyft will drop you off at or near the park gate (save for MK), but when you driving yourself, its possible you'll need to walk a distance or take the parking tram from the lot. Couple that with potential traffic, construction delays, having to figure out where you're going, limiting any drinks with dinner because you have to drive back... we would just opt for Uber/Lyft, even if we did have to pay a little more for it.

You could but then you'd have to bring your luggage into the grocery store which is probably not ideal. If you want to stop for groceries on the way to the resort, I would recommend inquiring with Tony Hinds to drive you from the airport to your resort. His pricing usually includes a 30 minute grocery stop, and I presume he knows the best/most convenient stores on the way to your resort. He drives a private 12 passenger van and can provide car/booster seats for children if necessary. If you google him, his web site will come up and he's often recommended on the boards. If you email him, I would specify you will need a booster seat and are interested in doing the grocery stop.

Make sure you keep checking on their rules and restrictions. Just this morning there was talk from Uber about limiting the number of guests allowed. For example, only 3 guests in an Uber XL.

I am very concerned with how Uber and Lyft are going to be handled at WDW coming up. Could be some serious restrictions when the parks open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!