Uber from Port Civitavecchia to Rome

babycatsy

Plaid Shirt Yoga Pants
I was looking into taking an uber from the Port Civitavecchia to Rome.

Does anyone have any experience with this? It appears to be $144 (euros) one way, but I'm not 100% of Uber availability.

I have Rome on your own booked and that is $108 for a round trip ($324 euros).

Thanks!

I second @cruiser21 the train was super easy and very economical. I was surprised when we disembarked first thing in the morning, very few people were taking the train. Walk to the train station is a quick 15 mins. Don't forget to stop for gelato on your way back to the ship.

Our plan is to take the train and I was a little hesitant at first, but I searched on YouTube and found some videos some folks took of the bus to the train station and the train station itself and it all looks pretty straightforward. We disembark in Civitavecchia so we'll have luggage as well, but it still looks fairly simple.

I'm going to paste my (probably overly extensive) notes I took below. Again, we haven't done this, but hopefully my notes help a little in case you decide to go this route. My notes are specifically to get to the Colosseum (which is where our accommodations are) so if you're going elsewhere, you may need to make a different note of the line you want to take once you get into Rome.

Official Map of Civitavecchia port: https://civitavecchia.portmobility....p_of_port_of_civitavecchia_eng_1465288193.jpg

Take a cruise port shuttle bus to the Service Center of Largo della Pace, then walk (or take a bus for €2 to Civitavecchia Station). Walk is about 15-20 minutes. Looks like the €2 bus runs about every 10 minutes so it’s probably worth saving our feet and paying the €6 to take the city bus to the train station. It looks very simple.

Leaving from Civitavecchia Train Station you can get to the Colosseum in 1 hour and 10 minutes. Get off at Roma Ostiense Station, go on foot to metro B line at Piramide station. Take the train for Rebibbia and get off at stop Colosseo. The IC trains are non stop as opposed to RV which stop and take longer.

If there is a line for tickets at the ticket windows/self serve machines, the little convenience store inside also sells tickets. A BIRG ticket will be good also within Rome for the rest of the day so that may be the best option. Some of the express trains to Rome don’t take BIRG however so double check.

Make sure to validate the train ticket prior to getting on board.

Express train timetables:

http://www.trenitalia.com/tcom-en

All timetables: http://traintorome.maxonthenet.altervista.org/?lang=eng

More info: https://civitavecchia.portmobility.it/en/port-civitavecchia-guide-cruise-passengers

I was looking into taking an uber from the Port Civitavecchia to Rome.

Does anyone have any experience with this? It appears to be $144 (euros) one way, but I'm not 100% of Uber availability.

I have Rome on your own booked and that is $108 for a round trip ($324 euros).

Thanks!

If you arrive at the port that morning, and there's no Uber available, how will you get to Rome? If you don't want to take the train, I would definitely book a car service. That way you know you have transportation.

There's a major train strike going on in France right now, but I have not heard of one in Italy. Personally I would not Uber in Rome. Last time I was there, I seriously thought I was going to die in just about every taxi and shuttle ride I took. I have never seen such fast or crazy driving. I think the train or a bus would be much safer, ha!

We prebooked the train, walked to the station and our train never came. Someone stole copper cabling, so no train. Luckily we had been to Rome before so we had a "sea day" in port.

We prebooked the train, walked to the station and our train never came. Someone stole copper cabling, so no train. Luckily we had been to Rome before so we had a "sea day" in port.

Wow, that's crazy. We'll definitely need a backup plan since we're actually disembarking there.

We have taken the Disney bus into Rome. Then spent day on our own taking the hop on hop off bus to see the city. Then you just meet up with the Disney bus later. Very easy and no worries about getting an Uber or finding the train.

We are using Tuscany Bus to get from Livorno to Florence and Pisa. I didn't even realize they had a bus from Civitavecchia to Rome. I wonder if we can do one way and if they can deal with luggage.
Not sure, but they have a pretty active presence on Facebook so I bet you could message them on there and ask.

It took us 3 attempts to get to Rome from Civi over a 2 month period. Trains would just randomly get cancelled. When a train eventually came it was so late that we didn't want to risk it because we'd hardly have any time in Rome to allow the same coming back.
Trains in Naples and Livorno were a lot more reliable and frequent than Civi from my experience.

I second @cruiser21 the train was super easy and very economical. I was surprised when we disembarked first thing in the morning, very few people were taking the train. Walk to the train station is a quick 15 mins. Don't forget to stop for gelato on your way back to the ship.

The only thing I would correct on this is to get gelato on the way to the station and also on the way back to the ship.

Just came back from Rome, signs everywhere telling you Uber is illegal in Rome. Fine is in the thousands if they catch you. I rented a car. When I dropped my wife off at the colosseum, an officer approached and questioned me. He was trying to figure out if I was an uber driver. I showed him my rental agreement and our passports. They are dead set against Über.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!