Uber from WDW to MCO

Zeppelin

DIS Veteran
I did a search first but couldn't find anything....has anyone taken an Uber from WDW to the airport?? Looking for a pick-up the final day from the Poly...any experiences?? ideas?? recommendations???

Thank You

I did Uber from the Dolphin to WDW. I actually did Uber black because I was using AMEX points to pay for it, so I splurged. I was picked up 3 minutes after making my request in a pretty fancy Black Mercedes. The ride to the airport was uneventful. I was a solo female and felt completely safe. The actual ride itself cost $54.88

I did Uber from the Dolphin to WDW. I actually did Uber black because I was using AMEX points to pay for it, so I splurged. I was picked up 3 minutes after making my request in a pretty fancy Black Mercedes. The ride to the airport was uneventful. I was a solo female and felt completely safe. The actual ride itself cost $54.88

so you did uber from Dolphin to MCO for $54 (not Dolphin to WDW)?

Last edited:
so you did uber from Dolphin to MCO for $54 (not Dolphin to WDW)?

I meant MCO, not WDW.

We did MCO to Dolphin ($63, with a stop at YC for my friend) and then Dolphin to MCO for $58.

Uber Black, which is the more towncar like service. I think it is called Uber Select (?) now.

I meant MCO, not WDW.

We did MCO to Dolphin ($63, with a stop at YC for my friend) and then Dolphin to MCO for $58.

Uber Black, which is the more towncar like service. I think it is called Uber Select (?) now.

got it...thank you- one final question; how long did it take you?? less than an hour? and what time did you leave the Dolphin?

got it...thank you- one final question; how long did it take you?? less than an hour? and what time did you leave the Dolphin?

Took maybe 35 min. I left the Dolphin at 9:15am on a Tuesday morning. I had an 11:50 flight, but didn't need to check bags and I have TSA Precheck. I was way early for my flight.

I did a search first but couldn't find anything....has anyone taken an Uber from WDW to the airport?? Looking for a pick-up the final day from the Poly...any experiences?? ideas?? recommendations???

Thank You
Have done it multiple times. Using UberX, the ride should cost around $25.

Über does not factor in a tip, and does not provide a way for users to tip through the app. You need to have cash.

Lyft allows tipping via its app, no cash guesstimate necessary.

They're actually two different classes of service. Uber Black is a black-on-black expensive car - certain models - Black exterior and black leather interior, and is not available in all markets. I don't believe Orlando has Black.

Select is an expensive car of any color with leather interior -- certain models only. The other upscale class is Lux/Lux SUV, which are expensive cars with leather interior - certain models.

Most markets have Lux or Select, but not both. Black is not found in all markets.

The models acceptable for all of the above vary widely from market to market.

They're actually two different classes of service. Uber Black is a black-on-black expensive car - certain models - Black exterior and black leather interior, and is not available in all markets. I don't believe Orlando has Black.

Select is an expensive car of any color with leather interior -- certain models only. The other upscale class is Lux/Lux SUV, which are expensive cars with leather interior - certain models.

Most markets have Lux or Select, but not both. Black is not found in all markets.

The models acceptable for all of the above vary widely from market to market.

It was definitely Uber Black (this was November of last year). I think Black got replaced by Select shortly after my trip.

thanks...novice uber rider here so this helps...does uber factor in gratuity or do you add that on??
I don't want to start a contentious conversation about tipping, but Uber doesn't allow for gratuities within the app. Officially, Uber allows its drivers to accept cash tips from passengers, but the company stresses that tipping is voluntary and not expected.

Lyft does allow riders to tip directly through the app.

Again, not trying to spark a debate. I am just relaying the facts as I understand them.

We always take Lyft from WDW to MCO, never use ME any more. They leave too early. I love using Lyft. It's a great price and we get right to departure instead of the ME bus drop off. We use Lyft over Uber so we can tip on the app, no dealing with having to grab cash. We call for the car 2 hours before our flight leaves. We use the X level of service if we have bags (leaving from Universal)

We always take Lyft from WDW to MCO, never use ME any more. They leave too early. I love using Lyft. It's a great price and we get right to departure instead of the ME bus drop off. We use Lyft over Uber so we can tip on the app, no dealing with having to grab cash. We call for the car 2 hours before our flight leaves. We use the X level of service if we have bags (leaving from Universal)

wow- great info- thank you..are the prices for lyft comparable to uber??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter