Uber/Lyft/Minnie Vans

Lexx1214

Mouseketeer
DH and I will be driving down and staying on property so we will have a vehicle and are already paying the resort parking. But we have a few signature dinners planned at resorts where there will definitely be some adult beverages involved. As neither of us have any interest whatsoever in driving under the influence (even one drink is too many) and would rather not take multiple buses while all dressed up and such, we figured we would use Uber or Lyft to and from our dinners.

For those of you that have used Uber or Lyft which did you prefer? Is the Minnie Van worth the extra cost? Did you have to download a different app and is it better to put my US card on file?

We’ve never used Uber or Lyft at home or at Disney so any guidance is appreciated

We used uber for the first time yesterday and it was super slick. Less than $10 to go from Pop to AKL. I read prices somewhere for the Minnie vans and they were pretty high compared to uber. We're going to use it again this morning to go to the Outlets. You can download the app and play around with it, it will give you an idea on pricing as well.

We used Lyft a few times on our last trip and have great service every time. When we signed up I got an email that gave me 50% off all my trip for the next 2 weeks. We took advantage of it

We used Lyft a few times on our last trip and have great service every time. When we signed up I got an email that gave me 50% off all my trip for the next 2 weeks. We took advantage of it
It keeps coming up 50% off on our fares as well, I'll take it. We didn't get an email, just appeared on the app.

The Minnie van pricing is ridiculously high. So disappointed as it was billed coming in as an Uber alternative. BC doesn’t have ride share yet. But I’ve downloaded both Uber and Lyft apps for our Universal trip next month. I won’t have a rental and Universal park transportation is quick so don’t need the extra expense of rental and parking fee.
There’s an off site restaurant we want to try, and possible outlet mall run so I plan on using Lyft. I heard it’s better than Uber and a bit less $

You order a Minnie Van via the Lyft app. I wouldn't consider a Minnie Van unless you have a larger group or need car seats. It's a lot pricier than Uber/Lyft. I've heard good things about both companies.

I've used Uber and Lyft at home, thinking about them on my summer trip. I find Lyft is constantly sending me $ off my next trip. I guess the perk of using Minnie is that you don't get dropped off at TTC for Magic Kingdom? We are doing EMM and I'm not sure how buses work for that so was thinking of uber/lyft/minnie

DH and I will be driving down and staying on property so we will have a vehicle and are already paying the resort parking. But we have a few signature dinners planned at resorts where there will definitely be some adult beverages involved. As neither of us have any interest whatsoever in driving under the influence (even one drink is too many) and would rather not take multiple buses while all dressed up and such, we figured we would use Uber or Lyft to and from our dinners.

For those of you that have used Uber or Lyft which did you prefer? Is the Minnie Van worth the extra cost? Did you have to download a different app and is it better to put my US card on file?

We’ve never used Uber or Lyft at home or at Disney so any guidance is appreciated

I think these options serve different purposes. I personally find Uber & Lyft to be interchangeable — but they’re cheap! ($10-15 around property). Minnie Vans will be about double the cost, but you get to stay in “Disney Mode,” have an awesome cast member as a driver who knows exactly where they’re going, have a guaranteed clean vehicle, and get picked up & dropped off the the most convenient spots. We prefer Minnie Vans for those reasons, and we’re willing to pay for it. If those things don’t matter to you, though, save the $ and do regular Uber/Lyft.

I've used Uber and Lyft at home, thinking about them on my summer trip. I find Lyft is constantly sending me $ off my next trip. I guess the perk of using Minnie is that you don't get dropped off at TTC for Magic Kingdom? We are doing EMM and I'm not sure how buses work for that so was thinking of uber/lyft/minnie
If going to MK you could get dropped off at CR.

I think these options serve different purposes. I personally find Uber & Lyft to be interchangeable — but they’re cheap! ($10-15 around property). Minnie Vans will be about double the cost, but you get to stay in “Disney Mode,” have an awesome cast member as a driver who knows exactly where they’re going, have a guaranteed clean vehicle, and get picked up & dropped off the the most convenient spots. We prefer Minnie Vans for those reasons, and we’re willing to pay for it. If those things don’t matter to you, though, save the $ and do regular Uber/Lyft.

Have you been picked up in dirty Uber or Lyft cars? I read Minnie Van changed it’s pricing to $15 minimum (so far it costs more just to step into the Van than the entire Uber drive) plus $2.75/mile. So it will cost $$$$ to get around property. As opposed to $10 Uber. Example Minnie Van From CR to AKL is $38. For me, I’ll take Uber/Lyft.

I'm looking at the uber/lyft issue myself for a trip in 10 days. The people I'm travelling with want to make a small grocery run on our first day rather than ordering with a service like Garden Grocer. I was thinking we could take a car service to the nearest Superwalmart after supper at Disney Springs, then back to POP. Something like that should only take about an hour and a half if we shop efficiently, about 15 minutes drive each way with minimal wait for the cars. Does that sound reasonable?

Have you been picked up in dirty Uber or Lyft cars? I read Minnie Van changed it’s pricing to $15 minimum (so far it costs more just to step into the Van than the entire Uber drive) plus $2.75/mile. So it will cost $$$$ to get around property. As opposed to $10 Uber. Example Minnie Van From CR to AKL is $38. For me, I’ll take Uber/Lyft.

I have been picked up by dirty/smelly cars and creepy drivers, as well as perfectly clean cars with very friendly drivers (with Uber/Lyft). And you're correct on MV pricing - it's usually about double the cost of Uber/Lyft for us (like I mentioned in my original post). Most of my MV trips around property are $25-30. But like I said - they serve two different purposes. It's like a Deluxe vs a Value resort. If you want to save $ - take Uber/Lyft. If you're cool paying more for experience/best drop off spots/guaranteed clean car/etc - try a Minnie Van.

I'm looking at the uber/lyft issue myself for a trip in 10 days. The people I'm travelling with want to make a small grocery run on our first day rather than ordering with a service like Garden Grocer. I was thinking we could take a car service to the nearest Superwalmart after supper at Disney Springs, then back to POP. Something like that should only take about an hour and a half if we shop efficiently, about 15 minutes drive each way with minimal wait for the cars. Does that sound reasonable?
Sounds reasonable to me. We plan on doing that to go to Publix. The brands I want aren’t sold at Walmart.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!