Uber/Lyft Questions

ClaraOswald

DIS Veteran
I've never used Uber or Lyft or anything like it before. But we're considering it for our trip next year.

Some questions:

It will be 3 of us. 2 large suitcases. 1 wheeled carry-on. 2 backpacks. Will a regular Uber/Lyft fit all that or do we need to order something special?

I assume I need to download the app ahead of time. But when do I actually go in to order a ride? And where do we go after getting our bags? (We'll be flying Southwest, if that matters?)

Is Uber or Lyft better??

Do you pay via app ahead of time? Do we tip on the app or with cash at the end?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!

I assume I need to download the app ahead of time. But when do I actually go in to order a ride? And where do we go after getting our bags? (We'll be flying Southwest, if that matters?)
Signs inside MCO note rideshare as commonly as rental car, taxi, etc. The make it easy to follow where to go. Once you get to the rideshare area it’s broken down into smaller areas where to stand depending on which rideshare app used.

For Term C, I think it was across the street outside baggage carousels? (I haven’t recenty been on the other side of MCO) All the big airports we’ve used in recent years have made the location convenient, and updated signs in the terminal pointing out direction to rideshare.
Is Uber or Lyft better??
Not sure. I don’t think there’s much difference other than possibly price. We just use uber but there’s probably people who check both prices right before they order a car, and take whichever is cheaper. We don’t need carseats… maybe that metters?
Do you pay via app ahead of time? Do we tip on the app or with cash at the end?
Yes you pay first through the app. You can add the tip there or give cash.
Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
:)

Thanks! Do you think Uber is fine or should we go with Uber XL to ensure room for our bags?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter