Udi's "new & improved" their gluten free bread

Best Aunt

"That's the best-est present ever!"
Udi's decided to "new and improve" their white sandwich bread. Has anybody tried it?

The new version is sticky. The pieces stuck to each other when I tried to remove one from the loaf.

I buttered a piece and it stuck to the plate.

I'm afraid that if I toast it, it will stick to the heating elements of the toaster.

(For those of you who have purchased it in the past, the blue portion of the package is a lighter shade of blue for the "new and improved" bread.)

And P.S. One piece of the new bread is giving me Acid Reflux. I'm sorry if that's TMI but I thought other people here might rely on this bread.

Last edited:
This is better suited for the disabilities community board. Have you checked that out?

My oldest has Celiac's, but the rest of us eat gluten. Haven't tried the new Udi's sandwich bread, she's had Udi's in the past, but I found another GF sandwich bread that is better than Udi's. Canyon Bakehouse Heritage Style Whole Grain Bread. It looks like regular bread, the size is normal, unlike Udi's. She had to double check me that it was gluten free, she didn't believe it. We always toast GF bread to improve the taste and texture.

Just wanted to add that we got rid of our toaster when my kid was diagnosed. I use the oven to toast her bread. Gluten free breads tend to be a little stickier for sure. If you use non stick foil, it helps.

My oldest has Celiac's, but the rest of us eat gluten. Haven't tried the new Udi's sandwich bread, she's had Udi's in the past, but I found another GF sandwich bread that is better than Udi's. Canyon Bakehouse Heritage Style Whole Grain Bread. It looks like regular bread, the size is normal, unlike Udi's. She had to double check me that it was gluten free, she didn't believe it. We always toast GF bread to improve the taste and texture.

Just wanted to add that we got rid of our toaster when my kid was diagnosed. I use the oven to toast her bread. Gluten free breads tend to be a little stickier for sure. If you use non stick foil, it helps.

Thank you!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!