Uh-oa, I've Turned Into A Disney Snob! updated 12/5

xoSamma

DIS Veteran
Uh-oa, I've Turned Into A Disney Snob!

“Each of us has a dream, a heart's desire. It calls to us. And when we're brave enough to listen and bold enough to pursue, that dream will lead us on a journey to discover who we're meant to be. All we have to do is look inside our hearts and unlock the magic within.”

Sam
36592302972_1d0f7d8b4a.jpg

I’m Sam, my obsession with Disney can be ridiculous at time and by that I mean all the time. I enjoy long walks around fort wilderness, guzzling in the grotto at trader sam’s, and skipping/dancing around the kingdom.

Erin
36592302152_b8c7532a1e.jpg

Erin is slowly but surely embracing that Disney lifestyle. She likes boat rides that pass river country, clearly out all the snacks in club level, and singing/dancing to Happily Ever After.

Who: Besides the 2 of us there were a lot more people we hung out with/ran into. But if I did a bio for everyone we would be here forever.

When: August 11-20

Where: Wilderness Lodge…club level for 10 days! I’ve hit Disney snob level.

Why: The main reason for this trip was that our dance studio was performing in Disney springs, we got to be an honorary CMs. But most importantly I’m going back home!

“Grab hold of your dreams and make them come true for you are the key to unlocking your own magic. Now go and let your dreams guide you. It's just beginning, reach out and find your happily ever after.”

10 days! I am so jealous. Most we have done is 6 so far. Can't wait to hear more!

Joining! We checked out of WL CL on Aug. 12th :) Interested to hear your thoughts and to hear about performing in DS!

I always enjoy reading your trip reports. I've never been to Disney longer than a week. Ten days must be so great being able to relax a little and not go, go, go so much.

Yeah! Another Sam report... looking forward to reading more.

Following along! 10 days, holy cow! That is glorious! Can’t wait to read all about it!

10 days! I am so jealous. Most we have done is 6 so far. Can't wait to hear more!
10 days of fun that went by way too fast

Sounds like a fun trip! I'm excited to follow along :)
Welcome along!

Joining! We checked out of WL CL on Aug. 12th :) Interested to hear your thoughts and to hear about performing in DS!
Oh man we probably passed by you on our first day. I hope you loved it as much as I loved it

Following. Always enjoy your trip reports!
Yay welcome back for another adventure

Joining in!
Welcome!
Joining in! :mickeyjum
Welcome Timmy!!!

I always enjoy reading your trip reports. I've never been to Disney longer than a week. Ten days must be so great being able to relax a little and not go, go, go so much.
I don't know how to relax in Disney so we were pretty much go go go all the time

Yaay! your reports are my favorite! club level for 10 days? sounds like heaven.
Thanks for always joining in! It was heaven and I loved every minute of it

Yeah! Another Sam report... looking forward to reading more.
YAY! Welcome back

Ahh so jealous of Wilderness Lodge Club Level! Following along!
Wilderness lodge is my favorite and club level was magical

Following along! 10 days, holy cow! That is glorious! Can’t wait to read all about it!
Yes 10 beautiful days in Disney and it was magical

We’re Going To Disney!!!!

The night before we left was stressful, lesson learned maybe I should start packing early. I had a long night of running around, from getting doughnuts for my sister, to meeting my cousin to get my Disney jamberrys, and that packing situation, I knew I wouldn’t be getting much sleep. I was lucky enough to get a solid 2 hour nap in before my alarm went off at 2:50am. I am a person who loves her sleep so at first I was really hating life until I remembered that I was going to Disney! I had to tip toe around the house to get ready since its 3am and everyone was sleeping. At 3:30 Erin was at my home and we were off to the airport. The check in process was a bit of a struggle since Erin was 7 pounds over so there we were in the middle of the airport shuffling things from her suitcase to mine. But everything was fine and we were good to go. Security was a breeze and I’m pretty sure I was sleeping with my eyes open once we got to the gate.
Our flight was schedule to take off at 5am, well that didn’t happen because they kept calling for a passenger and that said passenger decided to take 20 minutes before ringing his bell. So that pushed back quality Disney time that made me very unimpressed. But I put my headphones in and passed out for most of the flight. Once we got the landing announcement, we soon received another announcement on how we missed the runway. So we had to do a huge circle back around which took another good 20 minutes. Solid southwest.
We finally made it to Orlando and it was off to the magical express. I’m programed to just head straight there and not make any stops in-between. Once we got there we Mickey to Mickey and we were off to Wilderness Lodge! On the way there we passed international drive and 1) I knew we were close and 2) 3 years ago on this day I was moving into Patterson court located off of international drive. We then passed La Finca, which was changed to saddle up and is now an empty building and I sent that picture straight to my brother because he is one of the only ones who would understand.
We pulled into Wilderness Lodge around 9 and my heart was just super happy. My last time staying at Wilderness lodge was a rough one since I only got to stay here for one night after my DCP ended and I didn’t want to leave. So my mission was to make these next 10 days the best days ever.
When walking into the Lodge it’s a must to take a deep breath and take in that wonderful smell. Hands down one of my favorite smells on Disney property.

36615894972_1093f4f87a.jpg

Our room wasn’t ready, so we headed to the front desk to check in. There they called up to club level for someone to come down and get us. Judith was our own personal tour guide this morning. But before we headed up we stopped to drop our bags off with the bell service and then up we went. Judith asked if we ever stayed there, yes…and if we ever did club level here, yes. She just looked at me and said I guess you don’t even this tour then. I knew Club level changed since the time I stayed there. For example the whole top floor was club level and right when you got off the elevators thats where the concierge desk was and the Old Faithful club was right across from it. Now the club is on the whole other side and you have to go through a gate.
I think the saddest thing she told me was that they changed all the food as well. What happened to the delicious sugar cookies, house made chips and chicken nuggets?! But she did fix that by saying we could start our drinking now with some mimosa’s.
At the end of our tour I decided to grab a small breakfast since I’m paying for this food I better eat it.

36389049950_6a033d648b.jpg

While I ate, Erin went to go get our BFF Amelia who was staying in a studio villa with her mother and uncle (who is just a lurker here on the dis) She came up to get a flower crown minnie ears that I made for her and then Judith came over to tell us other guests couldn't come up to club level, made sense. Then Judith told me how I needed the CM to show their ID before midnight tonight (I'm not rich enough to afford club level without my sister's CM discount) I’ve been telling my sister this for over a week and she still forgets. But she promised that she would head over to the lodge once she was done with work.
Amelia headed back to her family and we were off to the kingdom! I love a good boat ride so we headed to the dock to catch a boat. Once arriving to MK I was liking the new bag check checkpoints. It split up the crowds and coming from the boat there was no wait.
Before we could get in we had to get our AP! Once we had them in our hands I told Erin that I had a great time and could go home now….the face she gave me was priceless. Day 1 and I was already cracking jokes, she had a long 10 days ahead with being stuck with me.
There was no time to wait…Magic Kingdom was waiting!
Celebrate a year filled with Magic!!!

36786096855_f560911e37.jpg

36389051160_9651a9cff8.jpg

First stop tomorrowland, we had some time to spare before our space fp so I let Erin choose what we would do first. When she suggested CoP I was a proud friend. I love CoP!!!
With every chorus comes the Sam’s CoP dance and we were able to get the guy sitting next to us to join in on the fun…I was dying! As we were exiting he turned to Erin and asked if the animatronics were real, this guy was just to much.
We still had a good 40 minutes to waste so off we went to the laugh floor, Erin suggested Stitch’s but I had to put my foot down. No thank you I don’t like that.
The girl sitting behind us was trying to hard with her laugh, to the point that her friend was starting to get aggravated with her. Overall this trip into the monster world was not very memorable. The only thing that stuck with me was from Mac and Cheese, “it’s like a franchise” referring to the Eiffel tower.
Finally it was time for Space Mountain. And with every trip to Space Erin always asks what side the camera is on after the one time that she was facing the wrong way. But jokes on us because the cameras were down today and I was totally bummed. But there was no time for moping because we had reservations to dine like a beast! We took the quiet path behind space to storybook circus and over to the beasts castle. On the walk over I had to talk in out with Erin to figure out our game plan for the day since I needed to visit my sister at work sometime today.
We finally got to the beast castle, checked in and headed to the pre-booked meal line. I highly recommend pre-booking because the line is so much shorter, I also knew what I wanted as soon as I got the reservations way back though.
I let Erin choose which room she wanted to eat in since this was her first time inside the castle. But like every time I eat here there is no table in the west wing so the ballroom near the window was the winner.

36018407974_b1730f22c3.jpg

My go to meal here is normally the braised pork but after my trip to Paris I have been in need of some Croque Monsieur and when I was ordering the potato leek soup was calling me. So today I was really dining like a beast. Erin also went with the Croque Monsieur, french onion soup and the masters cupcake because everyone needs to try the grey stuff.

36018411054_fd5bb7368f.jpg

During the meal Erin was saying how her magic band smelled like babies….and by babies I mean bacon but I could have sworn I heard her say babies.
Lunch was delicious and stuffed me to the brim and I knew I would feel even more awful once that florida heat hit me. So we decided to slow down, take some pictures and stroll around to the other side of the kingdom.

36852949165_a39604aaa1.jpg

36852952585_487ea1716e.jpg

36852946615_d1b43ea942.jpg

36044000683_b32750bac4.jpg

36043998623_b99b120d08.jpg

36043995673_365e86bae3.jpg

36043992233_ab65d13570.jpg

continue to next post

Last edited:
OOOOOO 10 Days!?!??! How fun! And so awesome you got an AP! You really were living large this trip! Can't wait to hear about it!

Packing...not my favorite!! :rolleyes1

Joining in!! Love your reports!! :flower1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!