UHS multiple newbie questions. Help Please!

superdeluxe

Mouseketeer
Hey there,

So we are looking at Universal studios, and my wife said that her friend said that:

1) Harry Potter has two different locations within Universal Hollywood

2) that you need two tickets /park hopper passes to get between the two potter lands? Is this true? I don’t see this on the website.

No. That is true at Universal Orlando, not Hollywood. There is only one park at US Hollywood.

There are 2 rides in the Harry Potter area at UHS, maybe there was some miscommunication??

Still can't figure out 2 tickets? The only thing that comes to mind is a Front of the Line (Express) pass that can be purchased separate from the entrance ticket (like a FP, but different, & not free unless a perk of another purchase or program).

Still can't figure out 2 tickets?
The 2 tickets is the same miscommunication as the two Harry Potter locations. That's Universal Orlando. superdeluxe's wife's friend was thinking about USO not USH.

Also to clarify, there is only one HP location in Hollywood, Hogsmeade. Diagon Alley can only be experienced in Florida.

Thanks everyone.

We are now actually getting down to planning this thing. I think one afternoon/day we will be exploring Hollywood and the other will be spent at HS.

Do you recommend staying on site at US? (Hilton looks closer and better reviews than Sheraton). To the north? Or to the south in Hollywood.

I see the redline mentioned, is this a train or a bus? We have a 4 yo and a 9 yo, not sure how much value the 4 yo would get in Hollywood . overwhelmed with the the entertainment choices in Hollywood

Advice on some unique fun family places we can eat?

Thanks everyone.

We are now actually getting down to planning this thing. I think one afternoon/day we will be exploring Hollywood and the other will be spent at HS.

Do you recommend staying on site at US? (Hilton looks closer and better reviews than Sheraton). To the north? Or to the south in Hollywood.

I see the redline mentioned, is this a train or a bus? We have a 4 yo and a 9 yo, not sure how much value the 4 yo would get in Hollywood . overwhelmed with the the entertainment choices in Hollywood

Advice on some unique fun family places we can eat?

The Metro Red Line is an underground subway train.

Do you recommend staying on site at US? (Hilton looks closer and better reviews than Sheraton).
That's where I prefer to stay. It's just easy and close and convenient. You can walk up the hill or take the shuttle. If you prefer to walk, the Hilton is a little closer. It doesn't look that much closer than the Sheraton, but the hill is very steep and it makes a difference.

I've stayed at both and would stay at either, but do prefer the Hilton because it is just a little closer and I like to walk to/from the hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!