UK Free Dining - Release Timing and Availability Period

I just found out that the deals of the UK-website are different than the deals on the Ireland-website (only the cheaper tickets there). I believe that wasn't the case last year? Is it possible that the British dining-deal won't be on the Irish website? (So it won't be payable in euros and possibly not bookable by Europeans)

there is another issue related to the US free dining offer
You are required to purchase a minimum 2 day park hopper Magic Your Way ticket for each person on the package.
If you're going for 10 days or less, then you can go ahead and buy the full 10 day MYW ticket.
But if you're going for more than 10 days, you'll have to decide on whether to upgrade the MYW to an AP, or take the minimum required 2 day ticket and then in addition purchase a UK ultimate ticket for your length of stay.

Also the maximum number of days on the US free dining package is 14 (not 21 as in the UK packages).

A 8-10 day MYW ticket with the park hopper plus option is more than enough. That allows for 8-10 park days, a few water park days (these count as your “plus” choices, not theme park days, and let’s face it- when most folk go to Florida for 14 days, they usually spend at least 2 of them “elsewhere”- be it universal, sea world, discovery cove...

A 8-10 day MYW ticket with the park hopper plus option is more than enough. That allows for 8-10 park days, a few water park days (these count as your “plus” choices, not theme park days, and let’s face it- when most folk go to Florida for 14 days, they usually spend at least 2 of them “elsewhere”- be it universal, sea world, discovery cove...

this may be true for you, but it isn't true for our family.
we need every one of those 14 days of the package in a ticket.

Last time we bought the US free dining package, we purchased the UK 14 day ultimates separately...
this time, because disney has changed the rules regarding who can purchase UK tickets, we'll have to upgrade the MYW ticket to platinum APs...
a bit more expensive, but still unavoidable as it's the only way to get a 14 day ticket....

If you can muster up the energy to go into one of the 4 main parks every day for 14 days straight... you deserve a medal. Fair play to you!

If you can muster up the energy to go into one of the 4 main parks every day for 14 days straight... you deserve a medal. Fair play to you!

we absolutely do go into at least one of the parks every day....often two...
as for the waterparks, we'll either go there first thing in the morning for 3 hours and then to one of the 4 regular parks in the afternoon/evening...
or we'll go to one of the 4 parks in the morning and the waterpark about 2 hours before closing..

but bottom line, at least one of the 4 parks every day....for 14 days if we're there 2 weeks...
or 21 days if we're there 3 weeks.....etc...
yes, even when we were there 28 days, it was 28 days...

we don't call ourselves the disneyholic family for nothing... :)

as for the waterparks, we'll either go there first thing in the morning for 3 hours and then to one of the 4 regular parks in the afternoon/evening...
or we'll go to one of the 4 parks in the morning and the waterpark about 2 hours before closing..

but bottom line, at least one of the 4 parks every day....for 14 days if we're there 2 weeks...

This is us as well Beth. 7 days, 20 days, 14 days or 21 days however long our holiday is we’ll be going into the parks every da##n day :D:D:D

We get a pass for everyday of our trip and head into a park everyday - but that's more about where we stay as it's round the boardwalk area.

As you can literally just pop in to Epcot (and with a little bit more of a walk) DHS for an hour at the end of the day.

Especially when Epcot has their festivals on, it's a great place to get a night cap or a snack before calling it a day - Mmm Grand Marnier slushy - I could really use one on this lovely hot day!!

Put us down as part of Club Everyday. Not all day, every day, but every day. IMO a solid tactic for seeing everything is to pop into a park each day, do your FP and anything you fancy that has no (or next to no) line, rinse, repeat.

Dining Watch Extremely Minimal Update: TUI, who were trying to trick people into booking a few weeks ago by saying there'd be no free dining this year (because that's how Travel Agents in this country roll), are now saying it's released tomorrow.

I hoped the deals would be online at 0:00 but that seems not to be the case. I will check again in the morning, evening and tomorrow at 0:00 British time.

We plan to be in the parks everyday too, although for us that will also include days with only waterparks and switching between WDW-days and USO-days (we plan to go 22 days). We plan to have 9 nights in a Disney hotel and 13 in a Universal hotel (because it's cheaper, but we will still drive to Disney regularly from there).

it's not on disneyuk yet....at least not the one i'm seeing..
i only see the 2018 offers...
i'll check out virgin just to get an idea of what's on offer this time..

Yes they are. The website is very busy but if you keep refreshing you can get there ...... eventually. On the thread I stared this morning several people have already been able to book.

Good luck

Yes they are. The website is very busy but if you keep refreshing you can get there ...... eventually. On the thread I stared this morning several people have already been able to book.

Good luck

yes, i noticed your new thread after i posted here..
my desktop computer is broken...it's the one i'm writing on, but the hard disk is shot, so i'm guessing i'm having a cache issue with the disney site..
i'm going to fire up my laptop and see what i see over there...

That sounds exactly like my squad :-)

I try and schedule one off site shopping day each year to give us a break ... my boyfriends face when he realises he won't be getting any park time that day is priceless so I often book the evening meal in a park now, just so we can do one ride and sate him !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts